ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Dexedrine/Dextrostat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Dexedrine/Dextrostat (dextroamphetamine)

Old 09-13-19, 12:51 AM
Jr Member

aspergers4me is on a distinguished road
Re: Generic Dexedrine ER Manufacturers

In case anybody is interested, I was able to get Amneal generic Dexedrine Spansules. It is the exact same as the brand name Dexedrine Spansules also made by Amneal. Same capsule colors and markings too. Amneal owns the patents for Dexedrine so if you want the real stuff, have your pharmacy order Dextroamphetamine ER from Amneal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 506B1910-6CF9-4BFF-A38E-5A0E9A345BB4.jpg (34.2 KB, 19 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to aspergers4me For This Useful Post:
scubaboy6834 (10-09-19)
Old 09-23-19, 08:16 PM
ADDvanced Member

adhdseeker will become famous soon enough

Has anyone been able to locate Mayne Dexedrine recently? I used to get it regularly at Fred Meyer but now they are only giving me Actavis...

Second question - why do the Mayne and Actavis Dex capsules look identical?
The Following User Says Thank You to adhdseeker For This Useful Post:
scubaboy6834 (10-09-19)
Old 09-24-19, 03:55 AM
ADDvanced Member

adhdseeker will become famous soon enough
Re: Developments in Dex ER manufacturers, opinions needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubaboy6834 View Post
I check the Daily Med page and sure enough, discontinued!
I'm on the Daily Med website but I don't understand how you can tell when a medicine is discontinued? I see 71 results for "Dextroamphetamine." When I click for more info, I can't find a single one that's listed as discontinued.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-19, 04:48 AM
ADDvanced Member

cobain67 has a spectacular aura aboutcobain67 has a spectacular aura about

I truly wish I could get brand name Dexedrine Spansules.. the best I've found in generics has been actsvis... it lasts 4 hours max and causes insomnia.. It's better than Mallinkrodt, which made me hostile, but still.. How on earth does one go about getting insurance to cover brand name? Recently switched to IR and much prefer Spansules.... I just wish I could obtain the Amneal brand covered by insurance. The oop cost is unrealistic at 2 grand for my prescribed dose.. I'm honestly bummed out and wish I had the opportunity of trying them.. do you all get a prior auth or what?

All the best
The Following User Says Thank You to cobain67 For This Useful Post:
scubaboy6834 (10-09-19)
Old 09-24-19, 03:31 PM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobain67 View Post
I truly wish I could get brand name Dexedrine Spansules.. the best I've found in generics has been actsvis... it lasts 4 hours max and causes insomnia.. It's better than Mallinkrodt, which made me hostile, but still.. How on earth does one go about getting insurance to cover brand name? Recently switched to IR and much prefer Spansules.... I just wish I could obtain the Amneal brand covered by insurance. The oop cost is unrealistic at 2 grand for my prescribed dose.. I'm honestly bummed out and wish I had the opportunity of trying them.. do you all get a prior auth or what?

All the best
You don’t need the brand Amneal. Request the generic Dexedrine Spansule manufactured by Amneal. If you check the product identifiers, the “generic” and brand made by Amneal are identical. Walgreens was able to get Amneal generic in 2 days for me.
Old 10-07-19, 05:29 PM

scubaboy6834 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspergers4me View Post
Can you post the link that shows Amneal is discontinuing generic Dexedrine? Walgreens was able to order Impax/Amneal 15MG Generic Spansules for me yesterday, and the ones that arrived look identical to brand name Dexedrine Spansules.
Sorry if I made a typo! Amneal is the brand and authorized generic, Amedra is shutting down production.

You are lucky Walgreens was able to order Amneal for you. After finding Mallinckrodt sub par and Actavis AWFUL after they stopped manufacturing Mylan (which I liked), both CVS and Walgreens said they couldn't order Amneal. Walgreens was especially rude, acting as if I were a criminal. I don't know what to do now, and I am not a happy camper.
Old 10-09-19, 01:10 AM

[quote=adhdseeker;2020660]I'm on the Daily Med website but I don't understand how you can tell when a medicine is discontinued? I see 71 results for "Dextroamphetamine." When I click for more info, I can't find a single one that's listed as discontinued.[/QUOTE

Put in the NDC number, it should show up as "DISN" or "DISC" I forgot which one showed up when I put in Mylan's.
Old 10-09-19, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdseeker View Post

Second question - why do the Mayne and Actavis Dex capsules look identical?
Maybe there was a merger. These pharma companies absorb each other so fast it's hard to keep up. Barr/Teva/Actavis, now maybe Mayne...

adhdseeker, that's great that Walgreens was willing to order you Amneal spansules. How much better are they compared to the unauthorized generics? Were they super pricey? The Walgreens pharmacist acted like I'd asked for crack instead of requesting a different brand of the same medication.
Old 10-09-19, 09:48 AM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubaboy6834 View Post
Maybe there was a merger. These pharma companies absorb each other so fast it's hard to keep up. Barr/Teva/Actavis, now maybe Mayne...

adhdseeker, that's great that Walgreens was willing to order you Amneal spansules. How much better are they compared to the unauthorized generics? Were they super pricey? The Walgreens pharmacist acted like I'd asked for crack instead of requesting a different brand of the same medication.
I was the one who obtained the Amneal I think unless the other user did as well. Either way, the effectiveness seems to be more consistent with the Amneal. Maybe a better time release since it's using the Spansule technology? There's no up and downs anymore and my end of the day crash and headache are gone.

The price is the same as the other generics since Amneal sells both brand Dexedrine and generic, but they are the same exact pill.

If your pharmacist is treating you like that, find a different one. Just explain you want your medication filled with Dextroamphetamine ER from Amneal instead of Actavis or whoever. If you have the prescription in hand, there's no reason why they shouldn't order it for you. Maybe try a neighboring Walgreens?