ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-19, 06:32 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,490 Times in 6,081 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Alot of time I've spent alone but lately maybe past couple of years I spend too much time alone n.i get terribly depressed.at same time it's crazy but I get sick of people as well maybe their not the right people? Definitely a double edged sword been trying not to go down depressed road cause each time it gets harder to find my way back or wanna find my way back
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (10-07-19), namazu (10-07-19), psychopathetic (10-06-19), tudorose (10-07-19)
Old 10-07-19, 02:46 AM

Monox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura aboutMonox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monox D. I-Fly View Post
My father is close to my brother while my mother is close to my sister.
Wait, I just realized that I wrote vice-versa. In fact, my father is the one close to my sister and my mother is the one close to my brother.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monox D. I-Fly For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (10-07-19), psychopathetic (10-07-19)
Old 10-08-19, 12:22 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 16,063 Times in 7,976 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I'm a bit out of control. Ended up in the hospital because my sugars were sky rocket high this weekend...
Oh man guys. A week later and I'm still a wreck.
Things have really caught up to me this week.
Was having some very strange back pains that were pulsating with the beat of my heart for a couple of days and I thought I was going to have a heart attack or a stroke or something.
That went away.
But I'm still getting huge amounts of bloating and gas. I know that's gross.
At least I'm not letting my sugar levels get too high. And at least the gas isn't getting stuck like it was when I had to go up to the hospital.
I'm just miserable.

And on top of that I have gout that comes and goes. And it's back and it's killing my right foot. It feels like a bone in my foot is broken...and there's not much doctors can do for me. They could give me some ant-inflamatory meds which would probably help...maybe give me some strong pain killers...but from my experience with it in the past, there's nothing that can really get rid of the extreme pain other than giving it time to go away on its own after a fe days.
I tried to get up today to use the bathroom...and it was scary! I couldn't put any weight on my foot and I didn't know what I was going to do. I thought of maybe sitting down on the floor and just trying to scooch myself...but then I realized I wouldn't be able to get back up. I managed to take a few steps over to small table I have and then I used my door and walls as best as I could. But it took me a long time to finally get to where I was going and I was exhausted at that point and was damn near in tears from the pain.
I had a near by chair I used as a walker of sorts to help get me back.
This is several hours ago and still my foot is throbbing in pain.

Not a good week for me.
And I have no one to call anymore to lend me a shoulder and ear to weep and complain to. I always had my mom you know? And now me and my dad aren't really talking to each other so I don't even have him. And I don't have any friends I'd feel comfortable calling just to get sympathy from...I do work with a lady I could possibly call...but I don't know. I'm kinda afraid to cross a line with her where she stops being a professional and starts to become a straight friend instead.

I'm just whining.
I'm not doing so well.
I've done this to myself...but meh.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (10-08-19), midnightstar (10-08-19), namazu (10-08-19), Rebelyell (10-08-19), SashaBV (10-09-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-19, 10:05 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,807 Times in 14,081 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh man guys. A week later and I'm still a wreck.
Things have really caught up to me this week.
Was having some very strange back pains that were pulsating with the beat of my heart for a couple of days and I thought I was going to have a heart attack or a stroke or something.
That went away.
But I'm still getting huge amounts of bloating and gas. I know that's gross.
At least I'm not letting my sugar levels get too high. And at least the gas isn't getting stuck like it was when I had to go up to the hospital.
I'm just miserable.

And on top of that I have gout that comes and goes. And it's back and it's killing my right foot. It feels like a bone in my foot is broken...and there's not much doctors can do for me. They could give me some ant-inflamatory meds which would probably help...maybe give me some strong pain killers...but from my experience with it in the past, there's nothing that can really get rid of the extreme pain other than giving it time to go away on its own after a fe days.
I tried to get up today to use the bathroom...and it was scary! I couldn't put any weight on my foot and I didn't know what I was going to do. I thought of maybe sitting down on the floor and just trying to scooch myself...but then I realized I wouldn't be able to get back up. I managed to take a few steps over to small table I have and then I used my door and walls as best as I could. But it took me a long time to finally get to where I was going and I was exhausted at that point and was damn near in tears from the pain.
I had a near by chair I used as a walker of sorts to help get me back.
This is several hours ago and still my foot is throbbing in pain.

Not a good week for me.
And I have no one to call anymore to lend me a shoulder and ear to weep and complain to. I always had my mom you know? And now me and my dad aren't really talking to each other so I don't even have him. And I don't have any friends I'd feel comfortable calling just to get sympathy from...I do work with a lady I could possibly call...but I don't know. I'm kinda afraid to cross a line with her where she stops being a professional and starts to become a straight friend instead.

I'm just whining.
I'm not doing so well.
I've done this to myself...but meh.
oh no psycho I'm so sorry this is causing you so much pain
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (10-08-19)
Old 10-08-19, 11:21 AM

Thanked 26,926 Times in 12,563 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry psycho. I've had sprained ankles, broken toes, and a broken foot,
used a rolling desk chair to get around the house, but those didn't throb so
much unless I was trying to put weight on them.

The migraines of course, do hurt pretty steady, with occasional sharp stabbing
pains. And it seems doctors don't really know what to do for those either. They
keep coming up with new drugs which seem to help people for a while, but
then tolerance sets in or something.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (10-08-19), namazu (10-08-19), psychopathetic (10-08-19)
Old 10-08-19, 04:47 PM

Thanked 4,165 Times in 2,150 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Sorry for all your pains psycho. I have had gout before too. It really is painful.

This last month I've been getting more migraine headaches than usual. My sister thinks it has to do with the environment I was working in. I was making some home improvements on a property and getting it ready to rent. She thinks something in the air like cleaning supplies or maybe something within the unit itself is making me sicker.

I am allergic to dust so maybe that's it.

I'm concerned about how long my property is taking to rent out and am mad at my property manager for taking so long to finish their part of the repairs. I never was concerned about money back when I was working but I find that now I do feel financial concerns more though I'm still fine.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (10-08-19), namazu (10-08-19), psychopathetic (10-08-19), TheDreamer (10-09-19)
Old 10-08-19, 06:55 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

(((((((Mid-Mids)))))))

(((((((Lun-Luns)))))))

(((((((AcDc)))))))

((((((((((((((((((((((French Toast With Whipped Topping)))))))))))))))))))))

Look...I love ya'll equally. It's just I had to give the french toast a bigger e-(((hug))) cause I love it the mostest of all!!

I feel so fortunate to never have had to deal with migraines. I feel so awful for you Luns It's been such a long term thing for you.

I'm FINALLY getting some relief over the last 2 hours from the damn constant pain. It took a ton of ibuprofen, but it's pretty dull right now (instead of constant sharp throbs).
It's weird because it causes such intense pain...then one of these days I'll wake up...and it'll just be gone like it never happened! I can't wait for that! lol This is not fun!
I was damn near in tears again a few hours ago because the pain was killing me, but I had to get up to go to the bathroom again and it really torked me off lol. It's scary when you can't get up or walk!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (10-09-19), midnightstar (10-09-19)
Old 10-09-19, 11:31 AM

Grrr...REALLY thought the pain was going to go away today. I was doing so well last night! I was even able to take a couple of steps without my chair I'm using for a walker (though it hurt like hell and I had to use an end table and wall to brace myself).
Nope. Pain is flaring up again this morning. Got up to use the bathroom and I'm back to not being able to put any sort of pressure on the foot at all.

Also...I REALLY wish I had someone to call and whine to. Damn I miss it. I know I've done this to myself by shutting people out and choosing to isolate like I have...so I have to deal with my decisions.
But dang.

I think I may be a little depressed in life atm.
But things are looking up. I think things in my future will work themselves out...I have good things coming.
Kinda hard to stay happy and motivated when you're sick and in pain. But I just gotta push through!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (10-09-19), Lunacie (10-09-19), midnightstar (10-09-19)
Old 10-09-19, 01:26 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Grrr...REALLY thought the pain was going to go away today. I was doing so well last night! I was even able to take a couple of steps without my chair I'm using for a walker (though it hurt like hell and I had to use an end table and wall to brace myself).
Nope. Pain is flaring up again this morning. Got up to use the bathroom and I'm back to not being able to put any sort of pressure on the foot at all.

Also...I REALLY wish I had someone to call and whine to. Damn I miss it. I know I've done this to myself by shutting people out and choosing to isolate like I have...so I have to deal with my decisions.
But dang.

I think I may be a little depressed in life atm.
But things are looking up. I think things in my future will work themselves out...I have good things coming.
Kinda hard to stay happy and motivated when you're sick and in pain. But I just gotta push through!
Maybe Willow's "diary" might distract you from the pain, psycho?

psychopathetic (10-09-19)
Old 10-09-19, 01:51 PM

Thanked 26,926 Times in 12,563 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Saw a neurologist for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago. Prescribed a
preventive med to take every night that makes my soft drinks taste nasty.
Not sure it's helping yet.

Also an abortive med. Had to take it yesterday as I needed to drive into the
city to have the dentist replace a crown that had come off the day before. She
is a delightful person, love her more each time I see her. Not sure whether it
whether it was the med or her sparkling personality, or maybe both, but I was
feeling better by the time I drove back home.

What's bothering me ... the guy was mowing our yard yesterday and told us
he smelled gas near our back door where the gas meter is. So we called the
gas company and they sent a guy right out. Yep, we had a gas leak and they
fixed it right up. Then came in to to help relight the gas oven and furnace.

But he said he didn't have the right tools to remove the panel on the outside
of the house (mobile home) to relight the hot water heater. Ugh. Tried calling
the guy who mows the yard and painted the house and does other handyman
jobs and got only voice mail. Ugh!

Finally he called back and is coming over. Good thing as our weather may get
down to freezing tomorrow night which could mean the water pipes could
freeze and burst.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (10-09-19), namazu (10-10-19), psychopathetic (10-09-19), stef (10-10-19)
Old 10-09-19, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Maybe Willow's "diary" might distract you from the pain, psycho?
A snuggly purring kitty would do a lot for both my physical pain, and my mood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
that makes my soft drinks taste nasty.
Uhh! That's the worst! I went through a period of time when I was on meds that made things taste horrible and it's miserable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
What's bothering me ... the guy was mowing our yard yesterday and told us
he smelled gas near our back door where the gas meter is. So we called the
gas company and they sent a guy right out. Yep, we had a gas leak
And here I thought I was having gas issues!

(((Mids)))
(((Luns)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Lunacie (10-10-19), midnightstar (10-09-19)
Old 10-09-19, 02:40 PM

Quote:
A snuggly purring kitty would do a lot for both my physical pain, and my mood!

Uhh! That's the worst! I went through a period of time when I was on meds that made things taste horrible and it's miserable!

And here I thought I was having gas issues!

(((Mids)))
(((Luns)))
*lends Tigger to psycho*

Willow's hunting a jingly toy for you

psychopathetic (10-09-19)
Old 10-09-19, 03:40 PM

((((((((((((((Tig-Tigsy-Tig-Tigs))))))))))))))
XoXoXo

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (10-10-19)
Old 10-10-19, 05:54 PM

Since I just KNOW you guys aren't sick of me whining yet...lol

The gout was in the center'ish of my right foot. That pain is just about gone.

But now it's spread to my ankle and just today has spread to the join behind my big toe!

/sigh

Untreated it can last a couple of weeks (or in more rare cases...months! and eventually you can develop chronic gout and it can last forever...).

With treatment though it usually goes away within 3'ish days.

I've been trying to just push through on my own...but I'm throwing the white towel in on this.

Called a lady I work with and she'll be over in the morning with a wheelchair...she's going to take me to my local clinic in the morning.
Hopefully this will clear up by early next week.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Lunacie (10-12-19), namazu (10-10-19)
Old 10-10-19, 09:02 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,428 Times in 10,811 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Since I just KNOW you guys aren't sick of me whining yet...lol

The gout was in the center'ish of my right foot. That pain is just about gone.

But now it's spread to my ankle and just today has spread to the join behind my big toe!

/sigh

Untreated it can last a couple of weeks (or in more rare cases...months! and eventually you can develop chronic gout and it can last forever...).

With treatment though it usually goes away within 3'ish days.

I've been trying to just push through on my own...but I'm throwing the white towel in on this.

Called a lady I work with and she'll be over in the morning with a wheelchair...she's going to take me to my local clinic in the morning.
Hopefully this will clear up by early next week.
That's not throwing in the white towel! It's proactively seeking help.
Good for you -- and I hope your foot/ankle are feeling better in no time!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (10-12-19), psychopathetic (10-10-19)