ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-18, 08:46 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,630 Times in 14,599 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
I'd like to encourage new and old members to post more.

It just seems so slow lately and I dont want this place to fade away into nothingness. If you are a newer member do not be afraid to post or ask whatever you need or post about whatever is going on with you. If it doesnt fit into a category easily, then post it here in chit chat. We need to get this place hopping again for all our sake. Older members let it out! Post about topics you want to discuss or even debate...topics that are near and dear to you. They do not have to be deep dark topics and you do not need to be hurting to feel like you have a "right" to post. Good stuff is welcome too. I want to show the newer members that this place is active but also keep us all engaged.
-xxxooo
sweets

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
allesandro1 (06-21-18), Fraser_0762 (05-21-18), midnightstar (05-21-18), psychopathetic (05-21-18), stef (05-21-18)
Old 05-21-18, 09:30 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,469 Times in 3,088 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I'd like to encourage new and old members to post more.

The site errors which go year after year without getting sorted out doesn't help matters either. People will create accounts, try to log in at "addforums.com" and it won't work, so they'll assume the site is down. They won't think to go to "addforums.com/forums" to sign in.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-21-18), Little Missy (05-21-18), psychopathetic (05-21-18), sarahsweets (05-21-18), stef (05-21-18)
Old 05-21-18, 10:24 AM

Thanked 25,573 Times in 11,914 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
The site errors which go year after year without getting sorted out doesn't help matters either. People will create accounts, try to log in at "addforums.com" and it won't work, so they'll assume the site is down. They won't think to go to "addforums.com/forums" to sign in.
If I'm logging in from a different computer (like today) I click on "private messages" which takes me to the forum. I don't know if that would work for
a new poster who doesn't have any private messages yet.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-21-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-18, 10:34 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,151 Times in 13,091 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I'll try and post more
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-18, 11:49 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,434 Times in 7,189 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post

This REALLY frustrates me.

I mean it doesn't effect my specifically because I know better. But for someone who doesn't...it's just like you say, they might think the site's not working and just move on. Lord only know how many people have tried to check out the forums through addforums.com only to give up because the site is seemingly broken.

grrrr

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
sarahsweets (05-21-18)
Old 05-21-18, 12:49 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we should all PM David to ask him to fix the site? idk if he even comes here any more though .....

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-18, 04:05 PM

FlipperTheWhale is a jewel in the roughFlipperTheWhale is a jewel in the roughFlipperTheWhale is a jewel in the rough

I sometimes have to click other links to get to the main section which doesn't work sometimes.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlipperTheWhale For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-18, 07:14 PM

Thanked 29,697 Times in 13,705 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Im sorry I haven't been around much. I've got so many threads going as well where I haven't replied to people. I feel really guilty about that. I've been really busy though I'm spending way too much time reading stupid opinion pieces in the guardian.
Old 05-21-18, 08:00 PM

Thanked 4,847 Times in 2,098 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I'm in the wrong time zone so when I'm here everyone is asleep or busy. I'm in GMT +8. It's 8am
Old 06-21-18, 11:23 PM
ADDvanced Member

allesandro1 has a spectacular aura aboutallesandro1 has a spectacular aura about

I think you are absolutely right. I've seen it happen with other sites. I have not been on this site for awhile but it is helpful and very worthwhile. I will try
Old 06-22-18, 03:23 AM
Contributor

LyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to behold

I'm pretty sure at this point people are sick of me posting so much.

If the site needs to be fixed I'd volunteer but it sounds like no one around has access to it.

I'll keep on a' postin' tho.
Old 06-22-18, 06:11 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,434 Times in 7,189 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyrinMeow View Post
I'm pretty sure at this point people are sick of me posting so much.
This is exactly how I feel about myself here.

.When I'm being active I do post a lot...but it's like I come across as too much...because not very many other people are posting anymore.
Back when we had tons of active, regular, members...I could post tons and tons of posts, but it never became overwhelming because there was just so many other people posting that I didn't come across as overwhelming. I just got drowned out by all the other posters...I didn't seem so loud, and even though I'd posts tons of posts...so did tons of other people so it didn't seem like I was over posting.

Gah...does that even make sense?

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-22-18), stef (06-22-18)
Old 06-22-18, 09:12 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,196 Times in 5,341 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

I never get sick of people posting. I’ve always been more of a lurker than a poster. That’s got even worse now that I have a full-time job. At least it’s summer, so you might see me around a little bit more now.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-22-18), psychopathetic (06-22-18), stef (06-22-18)
Old 06-22-18, 09:21 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,630 Times in 14,599 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who feels you post too much psycho or Lynne can go f**k themselves... this is a support forum.. give and take. Sometimes we need more than we can give and thats ok. Other times we can give advice out the whazoo and not need any ourselves. Other times we need a whole lotta help. Its no ones business why, and no one owes anyone an explanation as to why they post a lot or a little. Sometimes I get distracted with life stuff and drop off for a few days and return with gusto. My mornings early, are my best hours so I can spend an hour and half or so answering other posts. I do it because I feel its my duty to share what I can and give support considering it was given to me when I was new or in need.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
daveddd (06-22-18), Lunacie (06-22-18), psychopathetic (06-22-18)
Old 06-22-18, 10:57 AM

I admit I backed off a bit because of grieving deeply about a certain little feline girl of mine who meant the universe to me <3

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
LyrinMeow (06-26-18), psychopathetic (06-22-18)