ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site Suggestions & Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you think of the ADD Forums?
Its amazing! Where have you been all my life?! 388 72.12%
Its great, but...(please post your wish list below) 150 27.88%
Voters: 538. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-15, 05:49 AM

Meggles will become famous soon enough
Re: What's your honest opinion of the ADD Forums?

Yeah it is a bit oldschool, I agree. A software update would be good, but I'm stoked to have found these forums. I can see myself getting very comfortable here which is nice.

Suggestions -
- Tapatalk integration
- Location sub forums (countries/states etc)
Old 05-05-15, 08:33 AM
Registered

Thanked 17,744 Times in 8,895 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Meggles
We have the latter, here's the section for Australia: http://www.addforums.com/forums/foru...aysprune=&f=99

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:
namazu (05-05-15)
Old 05-06-15, 05:23 AM

Meggles will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abi View Post
Welcome Meggles
We have the latter, here's the section for Australia: http://www.addforums.com/forums/foru...aysprune=&f=99
Oh cool thanks. No way I'd have found it in there! lol

That doesn't seem to be just a general chit chat forum though?
The Following User Says Thank You to Meggles For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (05-08-15)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-15, 06:09 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 29,688 Times in 13,699 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggles View Post
Oh cool thanks. No way I'd have found it in there! lol

Don't worry too much about which board you are posting in or where exactly the relevant sub board is located. I think, most people, look for posts in the "New posts" link and read and reply based on the title rather than which board it is in.

E.g. I keep replying to threads in the men's forum without even realising that they are posted in the men's forum and that maybe the OP was specifically looking for replies from men..

Also, if your post is really not relevant to a particular board, the mods will just move it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-06-15), namazu (05-06-15), stef (05-06-15)
Old 05-06-15, 12:07 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,147 Times in 13,088 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggles View Post
Meggles here's the general chit chat place http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73

Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-06-15), namazu (05-06-15)
Old 05-09-15, 08:46 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

rickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
how we're doing, and what we can do to make your experience here at the ADD Forums a better one.
The moderator Andrew has a very obnoxious avatar but I think the moderator with the tigger avatar.

Seriously? The forum is supportive in terms of both moderators and members. That's why I come here.

In terms of the actual platform? Well, there are tons of bugs but I don't particularly care. If I log into one place, it gets to a weird link and I have to hack a bit to get to the actual forum. Other little things like that.
midnightstar (05-10-15)
Old 05-11-15, 05:27 AM
Contributor

Powderbucket is a jewel in the roughPowderbucket is a jewel in the roughPowderbucket is a jewel in the rough

I really like it here and the members are very welcoming and helpful. I find that a lot of forums have some long-term obnoxious members and I have yet to find any here.

I also think the V-Bulletin platform is one of the better forum platforms. It's neat and clear.
midnightstar (05-11-15), stef (05-11-15)
Old 04-30-16, 07:54 AM

TryToBeHopeful is on a distinguished road

I've just registered here as I'm gathering my own list of forum resources on ADHD, but the age of this forum software actually worries me. Aside from the lack of tapatalk, this software is almost 9 years old and very susceptible to cyber attack.

It's good to see it's active, but there are places that could host this for free, and keep everything up-to-date with a more limited need for administrator intervention (I've been moderating a phpbb forum for several years).

It kind of makes more more likely to stick to reddit (or the aadd-uk forum), although I'm not experienced with either of them, either, so can't vouch for their quality.

Hope this didn't come across as antagonistic. It seem like a nice space.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TryToBeHopeful For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-04-16), namazu (06-15-16), Tetrahedra (06-08-16)
Old 06-15-16, 11:09 PM

Thanked 1,548 Times in 931 Posts
Laserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to behold

I wish there was fair, consistent, cronyism-free moderation.

She was told that it was. There was just a moment of silence before
the woman proceeded bravely on. "Well, I'm wondering, then, how serious my
condition is. This prescription is marked `NO REFILLS'".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laserbeak For This Useful Post:
aeon (06-16-16), Little Missy (08-04-16)
Old 06-16-16, 10:22 AM
Suspended Account

Thanked 5,300 Times in 2,835 Posts
Gilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond repute

No place with over 70K members survives corruption

But with the right perspective very beneficial if you know what you need
The Following User Says Thank You to Gilthranon For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (06-16-16)
Old 08-04-16, 05:41 PM
Jr Member

oasismonkey is on a distinguished road

There should be a section on the homepage where it shows which threads are currently active
Old 08-04-16, 06:39 PM

Thanked 25,559 Times in 11,905 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasismonkey View Post
There should be a section on the homepage where it shows which threads are currently active
There are three ways to tell which threads are active that I know of.

One: scan to see which ones have something posted TODAY.

Two: scan the left edge for the icon that shows "new posts"

Three: click on "new posts" in the bar near the top.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
namazu (08-05-16), peripatetic (08-08-16)
Old 08-07-16, 01:50 AM

Jon Snow is on a distinguished road

imo the forum software is glitchy and outdated.

I think xenForo is a great alternative (mobile-friendy and less glitchy).
Old 08-07-16, 12:38 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,352 Times in 781 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

Everyone when first starting on MPH or Amphetamines seem to have a common core of questions/concerns/anxieties/"ignorance of" how titration works, how to determine their own individual optimal dose and frequency, rough timetables, nutrients to "supplement" their prescribed med, and the list goes on. Obviously the prescribing physician should make sure the patient is clear on this beforehand. Equally obvious is that if the patient has questions in these areas, they should contact the prescribing physician. Based on my experiences and the sheer number of posts from others, this rarely happens in either case. To help with this, it is left to other forum members to address this on a question by question basis.

MY thoughts are to provide a locked topic in the appropriate medication sections to serve as reference to direct newly diagnosed/medicated people to as a reference. It would be relatively brief, focused, and readable by most. I know from a liability standpoint not many people would be interested in such things, but based on responses I have read on the forum there are moderators and members with the appropriate knowledge and training to review the post(s). Mental Health, Medical, Pharmacology students may have instructors that would be happy to provide/edit the postings. Also, for all I know these types of documents already exist elsewhere and could be approved/procured" to post here. (I never found them myself with my searches.) HTH, -LN
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
someothertime (07-08-17)
Old 03-21-17, 07:22 PM
Suspended Account

Wuvmy3kitties will become famous soon enough

I'm sorry, but I have tried and tried here and I just do not belong. There are LOTS OF CLIQUES. There are also too many complainers or touchy-feely people who just want their ears tickled. I either upset someone, or cause trouble. I have no doubt ppl here see me as a (blank). Probably most of the members here have me ignored. I don't want to be friends because I'm too much of a (blank) to be one. My posts get edited because of what I say. I DO NOT BELONG HERE. At this point I just want the appropriate administrators to ban me. I cannot take it here anymore. I tried this place, and lately I have left in tears more often than I care to remember. So please, PLEASE, just ban me from here. I don't belong. I am too much of a misfit for this forum. And don't pretend to care, nor try to convince me to stay.
Have a nice life.