ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Creative Writing > Poetry
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-04, 02:26 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
Battle

Battle
She lays on the cold, hard floor preparing for battle one last time. She looks at the Spiderman poster's, the trophies of year's gone by gathering stregnth as the cost of loss is much too high.

She hear's the dragon's scream as he swoops from the sky, feeling his hot breath down her neck. She looks to her trophy one last time; draws a breath, straightens her spine and lift's her sword to the sky, letting all hear her battle cry.

She parries and thrusts, twists and turns; but, to no avail as the dragon grabs her in his burning mouth. Flying high from the earth thru the cold, dark night. She can feel the air rush over her as the earth disappears far below.

She screams in agony as the dragon rips and tears her flesh from her body, crushing bones. Leaving her heart bloodied and raw. She falls to the earth no fight left, knowing on this night she has failed and lost the greatest treasure of all.

She hears the wind whistling in her ears as she falls faster and faster to the earth. Landing on the cold, hard floor she can hear the dragon's cruel, mocking laughter as he closes in for the kill.

She slowly closes her eyes for one last time and as her lungs begin to draw their last, she catches sight of her prize. Knowing there is no price too high she gathers her stregnth, draws steady breathe, pulls her bloodied and exposed body up to fight one more time.

As the dragon swoops down closer, feeling the heat of his breath she looks to her prize gathering her courage. She straighten's her spine, slowly turns to look the dragon in the eye and know's that tonight is not the last battle and tonight she will not fail.

For the price of defeit is much too high. The prize a son's hand in her's, a smile and laughter in her ears. NO tonight she will not fail.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Old 02-02-04, 03:22 AM
Banned

waywardclam is on a distinguished road
Very nice Futs.

(Go for the eyes and the snout... every dragon has its weak spots...)
Old 02-02-04, 08:47 AM

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
Clams do you have to make me laugh,,,I honestly don't feel like it right now; but, thanks.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-04, 04:03 PM
Banned

I'm sorry. I laugh because I don't know how else to cope sometimes. I know exactly how you feel...
Old 02-02-04, 04:07 PM

Don't be sorry it was thoughtful of you. ANd I would try and do the same for you. lol I don't know if it's part of my adhd but my emotions are jumbled; I cry when I'm ****** off, laugh hysterically when I'm scared or nervous lol it's just a mess.

Old 02-03-04, 10:45 PM

Thanked 1,276 Times in 975 Posts
Mary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to behold
Futs,

Very nice! You are an awesome writer!

Remember, we here at ADDForums can only do so much. It's up to us as individuals to make the right choices, to seek professional help outside the forums.
Old 02-04-04, 12:05 AM

lol Mary, I don't agree with you on that one; but, have found it helps for some off the wall reason. If I were a good writer I would be able to write anytime now just when I'm upset. But thanks

Old 02-04-04, 12:20 AM

Draga has disabled reputation
Woah that a deep futsy. Good One!

Please do not think me cold, for I do want loving arms to hold, but I am so sick of being used and abused...If I die alone tomorrow I die unbruised.
Old 02-04-04, 12:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Nucking_Futs
If I were a good writer I would be able to write anytime not just when I'm upset.
Don't you bucking felieve it...
Old 02-04-04, 01:07 AM

*sticks tongue out* K.O. whateva you say lol

Old 02-04-04, 01:28 AM

The best poems come out when there is much emotion behind it at the time. It's the beautiful way to vent.

Please do not think me cold, for I do want loving arms to hold, but I am so sick of being used and abused...If I die alone tomorrow I die unbruised.
Old 02-04-04, 04:52 PM

Unfortunatly, the only time I seem focused is when I'm feeling an extreme emotion. Otherwise my mind is like a lil ball of fluff blowing in the wind.

Old 02-04-04, 09:05 PM

Better fluff than Belly Button Lint

Old 02-20-04, 09:54 PM
Forum ADDvocate

apcpapergirl is on a distinguished road
OMG futs.. I hadn't read this one. It is very good, of course.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 02-20-04, 10:08 PM

Thank you Vickie your very good to me