ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 04-17-19, 12:24 AM

voddoe is on a distinguished road
Question How much are you paying for your medication? (without insurance)

Hi all,

Just trying to gauge the average cost of the refill prescription + the medication at the pharmacy. I received my prescription at the first place I went to, but it's a bit expensive.

I'm currently paying $150 for a refill each month and then $40 for the medication. I live in Los Angeles.

Is this the average amount to pay or can I find someplace cheaper than that?
Old 04-17-19, 02:44 AM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,164 Times in 10,688 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How much are you paying for your medication? (without insurance)

Are you familiar with GoodRx? (add .com afterwards for the website)

It allows you to compare prices at local pharmacies, and it also has discount coupons for some medications.

It is free for you to use and the savings can be significant.

Also, when you say you're paying $150 for "the refill", do you mean for the doctor's visit where they write you the prescription?

Some doctors are willing to see patients less frequently (say, every 3 months) once they're stabilized on a dose of medication (assuming no side effects, no co-occurring conditions that need closer monitoring, etc.). But the specifics may vary by doctor, by state (prescription regulations), and of course by your personal situation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-17-19), Lunacie (04-17-19)
Old 04-17-19, 03:17 AM

voddoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
Are you familiar with GoodRx? (add .com afterwards for the website)

It allows you to compare prices at local pharmacies, and it also has discount coupons for some medications.

It is free for you to use and the savings can be significant.

Also, when you say you're paying $150 for "the refill", do you mean for the doctor's visit where they write you the prescription?

Some doctors are willing to see patients less frequently (say, every 3 months) once they're stabilized on a dose of medication (assuming no side effects, no co-occurring conditions that need closer monitoring, etc.). But the specifics may vary by doctor, by state (prescription regulations), and of course by your personal situation.
Yeah, I meant the doctor's visit. What they told me is that they have to write a new refill prescription each month because of some laws.
The Following User Says Thank You to voddoe For This Useful Post:
namazu (04-17-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-19, 11:12 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,991 Times in 15,295 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Which medication are you asking about?

I carried a watermelon?