ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Psychotics
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-18, 04:00 PM

Thanked 34,109 Times in 15,440 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
zyprexa tablets are totally different looking; what the ****?!

is anyone else here on zyprexa? i take 15 mg a day and my current prescription is round yellow pills and the one i picked up yesterday, i now notice, are oblong blue pills.

what the ****?! i guess they're different manufacturers but ..ugh! how do i trust that they'll work still?

i sent my psychiatrist an email and he had someone from the pharmacy ring and confirm that they're zyprexa, but the inactive ingredients are different so they look different. again, how am i supposed to trust they're going to be effective? what if they really aren't zyprexa and they gave me the wrong ****? i mean, maybe there ARE different manufacturers of generic olanzapine but they gave me the wrong antipsychotic by mistake? i really don't want to take these pills. every ******* time i am put on oddly shaped pills something goes wrong.

thoughts? anything? nothing?

cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
namazu (10-04-18)
Old 10-04-18, 04:10 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 20,760 Times in 10,442 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: zyprexa tablets are totally different looking; what the ****?!

You can usually look up pills by shape/color/imprint online (drugs dot com or elsewhere) -- that would be a quick way to double-check that you got the right stuff.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (10-04-18), peripatetic (10-04-18)
Old 10-04-18, 04:12 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,354 Times in 13,987 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about inactive ingredients but according to web md the light blue oblong pills are 15mg zyprexa.

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-1...a-oral/details

Hope they'll work well for you. Do inactive ingredients change the efficacy of a med? I would have thought they mostly affect side effects. If they don't work well or if you get too many side effects could your psychiatrist write you another prescription maybe specifying the manufacturer of the yellow pills?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
namazu (10-04-18), peripatetic (10-04-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-18, 04:19 PM

Thanked 34,109 Times in 15,440 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

thank you, fuzzy. that's a relief...those are definitely the pills i have.

i don't know about the different manufacturers...i've only ever had dissolvable zyprexa and ...i think i had littler tablets at one point. i DO know that when i took ritalin there was a huge difference between sandoz vs mallinkrodt vs something else...oh! the brand name was best, then sandoz... mallikrodt was ****e...but i digress.

i guess it worries me because my june hospitalisation was due to missing medication and having things get away from me and if these aren't as effective, will i even know before it's too late, you know?

i guess on the "plus" (ish) side it's one of several things i take, so ostensibly since the clozaril and prozac and so forth didn't change types/manufacturers, they'd buffer enough for me to not totally lose my ****e again...

i don't know. i'm probably just looking for an excuse to not take them because they're different and that perturbs me...or maybe i'm just looking for the reason i'll use to justify my inevitable failure.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (10-04-18), Little Missy (10-04-18), namazu (10-04-18), stef (10-04-18)
Old 10-04-18, 05:20 PM

Thanked 26,080 Times in 12,169 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

I know, right? I've seen so many complaining that stimulant meds from
different manufacturers work better or worse, that I've been afraid every
time any of my meds got changed (just Zoloft and Lisinopril for now).

It doesn't seem to happen as often with other meds as with stimulants.
So far it hasn't affected my meds, or my granddaughter's meds.
Picked up some on Monday and was told they changed manufacturer.
Have been watching for any changes or side effects. So far, so good.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (10-04-18)
Old 10-04-18, 09:13 PM

Thanked 21,519 Times in 11,543 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Different "same" pills wig me out to that crazy 5 months last year with different so many strange Adderall. It took me months to organize again.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (10-04-18)
Old 10-05-18, 12:19 AM
Jr Member

KaitlynH is on a distinguished road

Personally I wouldn't worry, my medication changes shape and color all the time because I have to take generic. Of course ymmv, but I've never had any trouble from it. My pharmacy even puts stickers on the label saying "This is the same medication you have been getting" every time the look of it changes.
Old 10-05-18, 04:29 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,591 Times in 15,090 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Same thing happened to me with my Geodon. I was convinced they were the wrong meds until I got used to taking them,

I carried a watermelon?