ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-11, 03:12 PM
ADDvanced Member

thegreenjudy has a spectacular aura aboutthegreenjudy has a spectacular aura about
Advice on supplements?

sorry if this is in the wrong section - the exercise and nutrition section looked so empty so didn't dare to post it there

So I made a list (one of the 25 that are lying around on my desk) with supplements I am planning to take to help with my ADD and depression (especially SAD).

I generally have a healthy diet although I don't like exercising much..need to work on that. But I thought certain supplements might help me to boost my performance and sometimes it's not easy to get it all just with your diet (some I probably don't get at all)

Can anyone tell me where I could get the best quality supplements from? The net seems to be a jungle when it comes to supplements. I would like to buy the following ones preferably from the same company (although I have a favourite company for 2 of them so they need to be bought seperately)

Any thoughts on the following supplements are welcomed:

Omega 3 (&6) - will probably get from Equazen, Eye Q, they have also good offers

Ginseng

Ginkgo

Vitamin D3

Calcium (Will probably purchase Adcal D3 - also contains Vitamin D3 but not enough for my needs so need to make sure the seperate Vit D3 supplement doesn't contain too much)

Zinc

Magnesium

Evening primrose oil

Vitamin B complex

Anything I forgot? Some of it is to help my brain and some of it to help my moods (evening primrose it also good for PMT)

Can anyone recommend a good company?
Old 07-08-11, 03:45 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,167 Times in 553 Posts
selita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud of
Re: Advice on supplements?

Yeah, why does the nutrition forum hide discussions more than a day old?
This is a recent thread there on the subject if anyone wants to refer to it:
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105407
The Following User Says Thank You to selita For This Useful Post:
thegreenjudy (07-08-11)