ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

View Poll Results: What's Your Preferred Adderall IR Generic?
Sandoz 85 28.81%
Barr 103 34.92%
CorePharma 29 9.83%
Original Name Brand (Shire) 23 7.80%
"New" Name Brand (Teva) 22 7.46%
No preference- all the same to me 48 16.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-14, 01:22 PM
ADDvanced Member

mollymae76 will become famous soon enough
Re: The All-in-one-location Generic IR "experiences" thread

FWIW: Not voting in the poll because not ever sure what my pills are! LOL Teva? Barr? what the heck? Oh well, they're the orange ovals.
Old 08-27-14, 01:18 PM
ADDvanced Member

Eaaqas has a spectacular aura aboutEaaqas has a spectacular aura about

I'm sorry for posting on such an old post. I wanted to add my experience to this.

I used to be one of those "the pills are all the same!" people, but I just recently changed to Barr, and there is a huge gap! Could this be due to the inactive ingredients making the medication dissolve at different rates?

Here are my experiences:

Aurobindo: Just fine medication, lasted about 4 hours. I had jaw clenching issues, but it was not very noticeable when it ran out. This is the first generic I took

Mallinckrodt: Just fine as well. It seemed to last a little shorter, but there was a major side effect -- as soon as the medication went its course, I felt SO tired and depressed. I hadn't felt that on Aurobindo before. It was just odd. I was falling asleep and not able to concentrate at all.

Barr: This is my second day, and I took a week break before taking it (as I lost my Mallinckrodt, so this may just be initial effects). I do not notice much jaw clenching, but I am making sure to pay attention to it. I do feel myself come off of it, but it is nowhere close to what I was experiencing before. I am also much more social on this generic than the other ones.

The bottom line:I think that there is a difference in the medications, but the only thing that could be different is the inactive ingredients right? Perhaps there is some interaction in my stomach that is making them release at different speeds.

Once again, sorry for bumping an old thread. I just thought my experiences may be helpful.
Old 08-27-14, 01:47 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,088 Times in 11,258 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

CorePharma made my mouth so dry it felt like my lips were superglued to my teeth and the dryness crawled all the way down my throat. Gag-Ola!

Sandoz sometimes seems too strong and makes me anxious. I like to take it every other day with Barr in between. It never makes my mouth dry.

Barr is nice for a mellower day with no dryness either.

I don't seem to experience any negative coming down effects on either types.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-14, 02:32 PM

RoxyMusic is on a distinguished road

So this is my second month, on Adderall, after being on dextroamphetamine for a few years. There was another random dextroamphetamine shortage in my area, so I asked my doctor, to give Adderall a try. At least until supplies improve.

The first month I received little blue Sandoz tablets which I really liked. Smooth, with a little more kick in the pants to get things done, than dextroamphetamine. The only issue I had, was that sometimes I put a days worth of meds in my coin pocket, when I am away from home. The Sandoz tablets had a tendency to crumble to dust doing this.

This month I picked up meds at another pharmacy and got Teva. These don't seem to be doing anything. They are like sugar pills. I'm going to have to double my dose to get anything from them. Not good.

So, I guess if I continue with Adderall, it's back to Sandoz for me.
Old 09-10-14, 05:39 AM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about

r
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymae76 View Post
The Sandoz ones are seriously NOT a Holy Grail pill or whatever. To me, the 20mg IR Teva peach colored, oval pills are great and the best deal I can find. I go to Walgreens (easy with drive thru, kids, ect) and they are around $75 for 60 pills.

In my city, Costco has the pink CorePharma pills. I've got nothing against trying them since I go there everyweek but will stick to the Teva/Barr ones unless I'm forced to switch.

The only ones I've tried that are totally crap are Mallenkrodt. I complained to the FDA about that brand.

I agree with you--that the Teva generic IR is the way to go with Adderall IR.

That being said, however, I have noticed subtle improvements with Corepharma,
just lately.

They seem slightly better than they were back in 2010.

Perhaps so many FDA Warning letters got their attention.

But...there is one brand, Mallinckrodt, that is absolutely horrific. AVOID!!

My Rank:

Teva
Corepharma: As stated above, I --hated them about 3 years ago (poor efficacy and very weak, but I have noticed a marked improvement
Sandoz: Not great, but not horrible
Global: No experience..Would love to read more commentary

Mallinckodt: Words can't express just how bad this was for me. No efficacy...And I noticed I was very irritable. Horrible

Last edited by wonderboy; 09-10-14 at 06:02 AM..
Old 09-08-15, 05:30 PM

WeezerB is on a distinguished road

I was put on Dextroamphetamine/Amphetamine a month ago and I can't seam to find much about it online. Is there another na me I should be looking under?
Old 09-08-15, 10:35 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 19,853 Times in 9,930 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezerB View Post
I was put on Dextroamphetamine/Amphetamine a month ago and I can't seam to find much about it online. Is there another na me I should be looking under?
It's likely a generic version of Adderall.

If you look closely at the bottle, the generic manufacturer name should be printed on it somewhere.
Old 02-19-16, 01:56 PM

eddster is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

This is my first post! Just got diagnosed last month (1/2016). My first amphetamine prescription was 10mg Corapharma. I started taking 2/day when I first started them and called the doctor's office and was told to slowly increase the dosage (given the weak dose). I guess the purpose of my first month's prescription was to find what dosage would be best for me.

Anyhow, the initial effects of Corepharma were a stiff neck, super DRY mouth, sleeping problems, and bad headaches at times. Over the end of the month these symptoms went away considerably but still felt them on and off throughout the month.

My dosage has now been increased to 20mg so I called my local pharmacy and found that they have Barr in stock and I am going to give them a shot to see how they work for me.

My local Publix has Teva, should I give those a shot if I still get symptoms with Corepharma?
Old 02-20-16, 07:05 AM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about

Yes I would consider changing. It seems, invariably, that most tend to agree that Teva is more efficacious. Not all share this view..however..
Old 02-20-16, 09:48 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,220 Times in 14,325 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddster View Post
My dosage has now been increased to 20mg so I called my local pharmacy and found that they have Barr in stock and I am going to give them a shot to see how they work for me.

My local Publix has Teva, should I give those a shot if I still get symptoms with Corepharma?
Teva/Barr are the same company and last time I checked they actually did have the exact same ingredients down to the fillers and binders.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-20-16)
Old 07-15-16, 06:10 AM

d21153r is on a distinguished road

(CorePharma), at first made me extremely irritable and have me bad headaches. However Imo they seem to pack a bigger punch to get you going, but I tend to rush things and that results in lower quality work as well as over-multitasking but I'm more productive.

(Sandoz) This is the absolute best all around quality as far as therapeutic effects, but lacks on that punch motivation. Also no headaches or any crash/side affects. So recreationally you would have to up the dosage.(I slightly prefer Core but Sandoz is Ok)

(Barr\teva) I've never tried as I've read it's either the #1Best in efficacy or it is absolutely ineffective, so kinda don't want to risk it.

(Shire\NameBrand) There is no way I'd ever pay for it, I could only imagine the price on 60 X 20mg IR tabs if they even make them.

It's 07\15\16 So what's the verdict on this year's best generic Adderall IR? So far I'm sticking with Core. I know old post but needs updates as generics seem to be always changing. ☺Opinions please☺
Old 07-16-16, 10:05 AM

cynthiab is on a distinguished road

I started on Teva/Barr and they worked like a magic key to unlock my brain. Second prescription filled with Sandoz and I felt awful: tired but wired, no focus, dry mouth like crazy, and no get up and go kick with the morning dose. It was so bad that I couldn't tolerate it and took some brand name XR instead that I still had (which I don't like either, but that's another topic). My doctor gave me a new script and authorized the early refill, thank goodness and it fixed the problem. No more brand experiments for me if I can avoid it. Would rather pay out of pocket, if Kaiser doesn't have Teva.
Old 01-12-18, 06:28 PM

MuseWithADD is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: The All-in-one-location Generic IR "experiences" thread

Anyone have experience with manufacturer Aurobindo? I've been on generic Adderall IR for over 15 yrs & only recently learned of differences between manufacturers. This last refill, my pharmacy gave me an rx by Aurobindo. It did nothing. I take 20 mg 2x a day. After a week on this I can say it's truly like not taking it at all. I'm making mistakes at work & everything is becoming the chaos that is ADD life sans ADD medication.

I've never even heard of Aurobindo. Anyone?
Old 01-12-18, 08:16 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 14,364 Times in 6,875 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseWithADD View Post
Anyone have experience with manufacturer Aurobindo? I've been on generic Adderall IR for over 15 yrs & only recently learned of differences between manufacturers. This last refill, my pharmacy gave me an rx by Aurobindo. It did nothing. I take 20 mg 2x a day. After a week on this I can say it's truly like not taking it at all. I'm making mistakes at work & everything is becoming the chaos that is ADD life sans ADD medication.

I've never even heard of Aurobindo. Anyone?
I tried Aurobindo last month and it was total garbage. I only took one and discarded the other 59 because it was so terrible. By far the worst generic Iíve ever tried. Nothing but bad side effects. It felt like dirt in my veins.

They are based in India and one of the cheapest. The only generics around me are Teva and Aurobindo. Spoke to an independent pharmacy and was told itís all about costs. Apparently, with Sandoz and Mylan their cost is significantly more than insurance companies are willing to pay.

I havenít been impressed with Teva but Iíll take it over Aurobindo any day. Neither are good options imo.
Old 01-14-18, 07:04 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,220 Times in 14,325 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I gave up on the ir adderall as my booster and went back to dex ir cause I couldnt deal with the inconsistency,

I carried a watermelon?