ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 05-22-16, 10:57 PM

84brian is on a distinguished road
Re: trouble filling adderall prescription/finding pharmacies carrying a specific gene

Anyone happen to know where I can fill 30mg corepharma or sandoz addys? I'm in SoCal, Pasadena area. Was thinking about just going to a mom pop place but it's Sunday. = /
Old 06-05-16, 11:01 PM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about
Re: trouble filling adderall prescription/finding pharmacies carrying a specific gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilversum View Post
I am also having difficulty filling my 30mg generic adderall prescription. My doctor wrote the prescription for 3 months, taken twice daily with a 180 quantity. I had been having it filled at Walgreens in the past with no problem and with the GoodRx coupon.

When I went to fill it at Walgreens they said they were having a hard time getting the 30mg and to check back with them. After following up 3 times I was told each time that they did not have the 30mg
I would avoid Walgreens at all costs
Old 09-04-16, 02:27 PM

Talk2him is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by didntnotice View Post
I'm so frustrated and just tired of the battle!! I live in Deland, FL, am prescribed Adderall 20 mg and every single month end up going pharmacy to pharmacy to pharmacy being treated like I'm a thief or junky searching for illegal medication.

In Florida they won't give CII information over the telephone so it's literally a monthly agenda item to go from place to place hunting for a pharmacy who can fill my script. I cut them in half and try to skip weekends when I get them because I never know how long it will take to find a pharmacy who can fill my script. I've never asked for anything early or have ever had a different doctor prescribe my medication (behavior that has been explained to be "drug seeking" or "red flag") I am courteous and kind and still get the eye rolls and dirty looks.

I am 44 years old and have a diagnosed condition!! Without this medication my life was unmanageable. My husband was constantly furious with me because of trail of things left all around that I didn't notice. My employer was at the end of their rope with me because of my inability to get paperwork completed or to remember complete details of information. I couldn't keep a calendar because I literally would forget to look at my phone for days. I was unmanageable!

The difference Adderall has made in my life brings me to tears. And now, once again after visiting 4 nearby CVS's (I LOATHE them more than any pharmacy), The Medicine Shoppe, Target, Winn Dixie, Walmart and Publix I sit at home feeling completely powerless, embarrassed and just ready to give up. I understand that there are shortages and that there have been robberies that lead to safety concerns - I get all of that - so I'm out of options and just defeated. Florida won't allow CII scripts to be written in advance without "Do not fill before..." written so 90 day mail order is out. I feel lower right now than I did before I ever knew about my ADHD and lived a life inside a hurricane. I don't understand why it has to be so hard.
This will help all to understand new FDA policy for generics and why patients are receiving so many different manufactures flooding the pharmaceutical industry in the USA. These manufactures are self regulated not FDA regulated for quality. The FDA began implementation of The Generic Drug User Fee Amendment in 2015. This allows a stream-lined faster way to get the FDA approval to do business in USA (GDUFA). These "pharamacutical" players now have a quick and inexpensive way to enter our market.
Step 1: fill out Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) 2: pay fee of $70,480, plus (PAS) fee of $ 35,240 and facility fee's...what a profit margin....Teva is providing a "generic epi pen with cost of $300.00 to cunsumer for 2 pens per pack....This is being marketed as a way to save consumers $. (GDUFA) goals..2015: 69%, 2016 75%, 2017 90% in 10 months
The era of having confidence in pharmaceutical quality is over. Many more global company's are and will continue to flood the market. A time to proceed with caution. Tks.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-16, 02:42 PM

inbetweenshades will become famous soon enough

I had finally found a good pharmacy that treated me really well and consistently had my Sandoz Adderall. Suddenly last month the pharmacist told me that he couldn't order it for me anymore due to the high price. I didn't worry too much, as I have a list of pharmacies in my phone, and can usually find it before I exhaust them all. But today, since my supply is super low, I called every one of them, and no one has it.
My current pharmacy has CorePharma, and I did try it again recently, but the results were the same as they have always been. Hit or miss with every dose. Maybe headaches, teeth grinding ect, maybe not. Maybe feel it, maybe won't. *sighs*
I can't even find Teva/Barr. (Which I think is nasty too, but at least it works.)

I'm in Oklahoma, Tulsa area. Can anyone help?

I really don't want to have to go back to Vyvance.
This medication hunt thing got old years ago.. Geeze. :/
Old 09-28-16, 09:21 AM

Zach C. is on a distinguished road

Yeah just another person with their life turned upside down. I have taken tava usa brand for 10 years and forgotten how difficult it is to live with myself before finding the appropriate meds. Cvs now carries mylan and i am going nuts i drive truck. Issue#1 i see my exit is 1/2 mile away - oops i passed it. Issue #2 i am going to fall asleep behind the wheel. Its been 10 years since this was an issue so i almost forgot how bad, but i am going to lose my job or life if i cant figure out how to get medicine that works. Why cant we just have the meds that work?
I cut myself down from 60mg day to 15-30 day including tje script. Not hording or selling. Just getting what i need and taking it like i should. Almost 2 months on mylan has been hell. Help teva or cvs or anyone. I cant function like this. I had a cure and it was taken away.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zach C. For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-08-16)
Old 10-28-16, 03:42 PM

Ennueeyore is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach C. View Post
Help teva or cvs or anyone. I cant function like this. I had a cure and it was taken away.
Don't count on Teva anymore. Their official license expired in July, and they're now pushing the product of their recent merger acquisition- Actavis Elizabeth (Allergan generics). Teva and Core Pharma and Mylin are all in a race to the bottom, and you're getting dragged down with them.

Sandoz is now the official licensee/distributor of generic Adderall XR, not sure about IR. Depending on where you live, Costco might have Sandoz. Best of luck.
Old 11-08-16, 04:24 PM

inbetweenshades will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: trouble filling adderall prescription/finding pharmacies carrying a specific gene

Sad news. I was just informed by a pharmacist that Sandoz is no longer making generic Adderall. I didn't want to believe it, so I called Sandoz directly. And was told that indeed, they have discontinued it.
I do not know if this applies to the XR. But the wonderful IR is no more.
*sobs*

Now I guess it's off to try new/old meds for me.
Old 11-30-16, 12:05 AM

33Forward has a spectacular aura about33Forward has a spectacular aura about

So, how does this whole pharmacy/brand search happen now, in places like NY state, where everything gets transmitted electronically from Dr to pharmacy? Everything...even controlled meds now.

Granted, yes, I can have them send the script to my pharmacy of choice, some work with my insurance for a decent price, and there are quite a few that will not. I've had the same pharmacy now for 4 years, and they have always been really good to me, gone the extra mile in straightening out things that the Drs have messed up over the years. I went to school with one of their techs, so she's known me for 25+ years.

But, case in point: I received my first script for generic Adderall last Tuesday. (Well, technically, my doc sent it electronically to my pharmacy...) The pharmacy called me up an hour after I'd left my docs office to tell me they are out, and would have to order it, and since it was a holiday week (Thanksgiving) it wouldn't come in until Monday afternoon. Normally, you could just take the paper script, and go to another one to see if they had it. Which, the other chain pharmacy across town had it, since they checked up on it for me. The catch was, I'd have to call my doc's office, and get her to re-send the script to the other pharmacy, there is no way to transfer e-scripts for controlled subs, even across town to another pharmacy in the chain. At that point, my doc's office had closed for the day, the day after that she doesn't work, then the holiday, then the weekend.... my only "window of opportunity day" would have been Friday. I decided to just let my regular pharmacy order it, and I just picked it up after work yesterday.
I wasn't too worried, yes I was eager to try the meds and see what results (if any) I would get from them obviously. But, at least it was a new script, and not something I had been dependent on for a period of time. (Ran into THAT problem with my doc's office and my Klonopin, which took more than a week of being without to get sorted out...that was a bad week...)
What happens when the "wonderful, concerned about your health and instituting e-scripts to avoid medication errors" state of NY basically takes away your choice, and there isn't much you can do about it?

I would basically have to have my doc's office on speed dial, while I drive around to every pharmacy in the area, have the e-script sent, wait for the pharmacy to tell me they are out, backordered, have a generic that I don't want, etc, then call my doc back, and repeat the process somewhere else.
At least with a physical script, you (usually) have a choice of where you can go with it. But in the case of NY, now, once the doc sends it, you're stuck.

Just for my reputation with this one particular pharmacy and my history, I might be ok, as far as getting the meds I need on time, if they know ahead of time what to order. But, they still may be limited as far as manufacturers, since they are still a chain.

As a sad side note, I'm pretty good friends with a couple full time pharmacists, but neither of them work in a place that will accept my insurance...of course.....
(not Einstein, as some believe)
"Right now...time is having its way with you." -Van Halen

"It is the same with people as it is with riding a bike. Only when moving can one comfortably maintain one's balance." -Albert Einstein
Old 11-30-16, 02:51 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 30,861 Times in 14,138 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Ive heard NJ is going to start this and I dont like it. I love my pharmacy but if I have a situation like yours what can be done? Nothing I guess..

I carried a watermelon?
Old 11-30-16, 04:04 AM

33Forward has a spectacular aura about33Forward has a spectacular aura about

Pretty soon, it will be commonplace for docs and pharmacies to e-script everything, everywhere. You watch. It will be under the guise of controlling rampant prescription drug abuse, and you'll see a couple cases where the pharmacist misread (couldn't accurately decipher) a docs handwritten script, dispensed the wrong meds and someone ends up in the hospital with severe complications (or worse). It will be a high profile case, probably a child or teen. Then the atty general will push to copy NY, citing all sorts of cases and numbers and random data on how NY is doing so well now...

I mean, NY is already pushing for a 7 day script for opioid pain relievers. Go ahead and make someone who is already suffering in severe pain make a trip out to the pharmacy a weekly deal. They screw up stuff once a month and its annoying enough. Imagine having to deal with that 4x as often.

Just another example of taking away your freedom of choice, and the state wants to babysit you, because they know better than you, and want to keep you "safe" from yourself.
(not Einstein, as some believe)
"Right now...time is having its way with you." -Van Halen

"It is the same with people as it is with riding a bike. Only when moving can one comfortably maintain one's balance." -Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to 33Forward For This Useful Post:
wonderboy (11-08-17)
Old 12-01-16, 01:49 PM

AED1955 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33Forward View Post
Pretty soon, it will be commonplace for docs and pharmacies to e-script everything, everywhere. You watch. It will be under the guise of controlling rampant prescription drug abuse, and you'll see a couple cases where the pharmacist misread (couldn't accurately decipher) a docs handwritten script, dispensed the wrong meds and someone ends up in the hospital with severe complications (or worse). It will be a high profile case, probably a child or teen. Then the atty general will push to copy NY, citing all sorts of cases and numbers and random data on how NY is doing so well now...

I mean, NY is already pushing for a 7 day script for opioid pain relievers. Go ahead and make someone who is already suffering in severe pain make a trip out to the pharmacy a weekly deal. They screw up stuff once a month and its annoying enough. Imagine having to deal with that 4x as often.

Just another example of taking away your freedom of choice, and the state wants to babysit you, because they know better than you, and want to keep you "safe" from yourself.
It's just the opposite in Ohio. Schedule II drugs can ONLY be filled by paper script, no phone in or E-scripting is permitted. I only see my doctor every other month, so to avoid me having to go to the office every month to pick up a script he writes two with the same date on them. One that can be filled immediately and the second has the wording "can be filled no sooner then 28 days after the date on this prescription". One thing I have noticed is that scripts I have received lately are printed on special paper to deter the practice of alteration. Don't know if this is a requirement of the state or not.

Very soon I believe all laws regarding the filling of prescription drugs will be controlled by the Fed's and the individual states will have no say. For instance, Vicodin aka Hydrocodone was recently changed from a schedule III to II drug by the DEA, making it harder to obtain by legitimate pain patients.
Old 02-01-17, 06:48 PM

excell is on a distinguished road

I'm in the los angeles area. Where may I find a pharmacy that carries CorePharma?
Old 02-02-17, 12:27 AM
ADDvanced Member

BlackWarrior is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by excell View Post
I'm in the los angeles area. Where may I find a pharmacy that carries CorePharma?
Rite Aid still carries CorePharma.
Old 02-03-17, 04:24 PM

Verruckt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AED1955 View Post
It's just the opposite in Ohio. Schedule II drugs can ONLY be filled by paper script, no phone in or E-scripting is permitted.
Don't think that's quite true. My GP has been submitting these electronically for a while now. I'd actually prefer a paper script instead of having to call his office once a month, but that's how I'm doing it. I Live in the Dayton Ohio area...
Old 02-24-17, 05:21 AM

JayDude is on a distinguished road

Anyone know what pharmacies would have Sandoz-Eon in Los Angeles Area? Costcos used to have them, not anymore.

30mg Sandoz-Eon IR