ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 11-18-17, 03:13 PM

DntBlmMeBlmADHD is on a distinguished road
Strattera,low dose better effects?!!

So I am considering starting back on Strattera. My last experience with it successful I think. However I had a TBI(dramatic brain injury and was on a few meds so it was hard to say what was what) and wondered if it played a roll in my experience of if any on else has had similar effects.

I began on 40 titrated up to 100 for three months. I began getting side effects and was running out of my med needed to get to my dr, so I decided to take 10-20 mg @ night. The next week was amazing, I had more energy , uplifted spirits, ability to focus stay on task with passion was unlike I've ever experienced.

I went to my dr and told him of my effects. He explained that @ that low of a dose there was no way I would be getting any effects at all and if I wasn't going to follow his protocol I should find my self another dr, " Do you want to play dr" etc.
That being said I took his words at fact and checked the fact I was doing great on such a low dose because it was me dropping the dose so maybe my body doesn't respond well to the medication. However after the few weeks on really low dose I stopped within two days of quitting all the positive effects vanished!

So could this really all be a placebo effect considering my Dr said I wouldn't be able to notice any effects at that low of a dose? Why wouldn't I be getting more effects at a higher dose then? Please share any thoughts or similar experiences are greatly appreciated, thank you all!!
Old 01-12-18, 06:47 PM
Contributor

jman05 is on a distinguished road
Re: Strattera,low dose better effects?!!

Doctors don't know as much as they should and they will never admit they were wrong. I went from 100mg down to about 20mg a day and it works just as good without the side effects.