ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-17, 11:26 AM

itstime17 is on a distinguished road
I am a liar

I am a 36 y/o husband and father of 3. I have lied for as long as I can remember, started out to get out of troubles, now I just do it over everything it seems. I have caused more pain and suffering than any one human should be able to, I don't want to be me anymore. Looking for help...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itstime17 For This Useful Post:
aeon (07-09-17), Greyhound1 (07-09-17), namazu (07-09-17)
Old 07-09-17, 12:21 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 12,890 Times in 6,201 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I am a liar

Welcome to the forum!

I think you have made the first crucial step and that is admitting you have a problem and seeking help.

Have you ever looked deep inside yourself and tried to determine why you have been this way? What caused you to start and to continue lying? I think determining the root of the cause is important in understanding why you have this problem.

It's never to late to change our behavior and change is always possible. Congrats on recognizing your issues and seeking help. You are on the right track.

Best wishes and hope you enjoy and benefit from the forum.

Cheers,
Hound.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
namazu (07-09-17)
Old 07-09-17, 01:10 PM

Dad bailed when I was 2, drug addict was in and out of my life. Once I became a teenager I had no one to answer to really. My mom was always tired or working and I really had no rules. When I would get into trouble outside the house I would tell whatever lie I could to get out of it. I have always felt like I was not good enough for whatever situation I was in. I don't know man, I just lie so easily and effortlessly, I am terrified I am going to lose my family.
The Following User Says Thank You to itstime17 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (07-09-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-17, 01:11 PM

I'm just a liar! I have three kids...wtf is wrong with me?
Old 07-09-17, 01:22 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 12,890 Times in 6,201 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstime17 View Post
Dad bailed when I was 2, drug addict was in and out of my life. Once I became a teenager I had no one to answer to really. My mom was always tired or working and I really had no rules. When I would get into trouble outside the house I would tell whatever lie I could to get out of it. I have always felt like I was not good enough for whatever situation I was in. I don't know man, I just lie so easily and effortlessly, I am terrified I am going to lose my family.
Have you ever explained how you feel to your family? Explained that you are in fear of losing them and that you have a desire to change your ways.

Perhaps they can help and be more supportive and patient with you if they understood. Them not understanding your motives or why you lie can quickly lead to them jumping to conclusions.

Letting them know that you fear and really care about losing them seems critical to me. They may have jumped to other conclusions by not knowing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (07-09-17), someothertime (07-09-17)
Old 07-10-17, 05:28 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,282 Times in 13,269 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

What are you lying about and who does it involve?

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 07-10-17, 02:49 PM

I lie about everything! From who initiated a text, what happened throughout my day at work, how my interactions with people go...etc. it's insane!
Old 07-28-17, 07:14 AM

ILoveMyDog is on a distinguished road

Hey - it sounds like you had a tough start. and once you've established pattern it can be so hard to change it. do you think you might be unintentionally playing different roles to escape from yourself? If you don't feel happy with yourself, it feels like a bit of a relief to be someone else, even if it's just for a minute. if you see yourself as a liar, its also a great way to punish yourself. if you're anything like me you spend a great deal of time doing that!

can you find a different way of being someone else or getting away from your worries?
Old 07-28-17, 10:05 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 19,288 Times in 10,253 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest lie you'll ever tell is the one you tell yourself.

Truly, life without lies is just so much easier.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (07-28-17)
Old 07-28-17, 10:25 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,282 Times in 13,269 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
The biggest lie you'll ever tell is the one you tell yourself.

Truly, life without lies is just so much easier.
true dat.
Always check your motives and "to thine ownself be true".

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (07-28-17)
Old 08-04-17, 07:33 AM
Moderator of mind and heart

Thanked 21,238 Times in 8,584 Posts
sarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond repute

I am a liar too. But through realising that, through completely seeing the lie, we can find the way to our true self.

It is important to see the lie(s). It is even more important to absolutely refrain from attaching judgement or self punishment to them.

Just see and see completely. Nothing else. All will become clear.