ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Exercise and Nutrition > Nutrition
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-17, 01:30 PM

Shamindo has a spectacular aura aboutShamindo has a spectacular aura about
Paleo

has anyone here tried paleo and found it affective for ADHD? I need some kind of system for my eating, I def need structure in that sense (as a lot of us do). If I don't I'll just eat anything and everything. So I'm wondering if paleo is good for us?
Old 05-19-17, 02:18 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,866 Times in 7,966 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paleo

I have tried Paleo, I now do keto. As far as I can see no benefit to adhd but there are enough benefits in other ways. One thing I have experienced is a lightening of mood so those with depression might find themselvdz feeling better. Don't take my word for it tho.

I do find Paleo too purist for me. On keto, I keep to my macros and go as pure as I can.
Old 05-19-17, 02:21 PM

Thanked 29,938 Times in 13,397 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

i've tried a couple of diet things...ketogenic was one...

i don't know that i've tried paleo.

i will offer this: i asked my psychiatrist about diet once and he basically said, try whatever you like, but don't expect it to cure your mental illness.

i think a diet that includes lots of vegetables, some grains, yoghurt, not much sugar, some fruit, and a good amount of protein and "healthy fats" (i eat a lot of fish) is what makes me feel best. i avoid processed foods because i have suspicions about them. i also think they're just not good for you. anything that's got unpronouncable ingredients and an expiry date inked on it is probably not the best choice.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-17, 03:10 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 17,748 Times in 9,494 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
i've tried a couple of diet things...ketogenic was one...

i don't know that i've tried paleo.

i will offer this: i asked my psychiatrist about diet once and he basically said, try whatever you like, but don't expect it to cure your mental illness.

i think a diet that includes lots of vegetables, some grains, yoghurt, not much sugar, some fruit, and a good amount of protein and "healthy fats" (i eat a lot of fish) is what makes me feel best. i avoid processed foods because i have suspicions about them. i also think they're just not good for you. anything that's got unpronouncable ingredients and an expiry date inked on it is probably not the best choice.
They always have a strange odor to them also.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (05-19-17)
Old 05-19-17, 05:28 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,283 Times in 8,689 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

A well planned gluten-free whole food plant-based vegan diet, minus caffeine and alcohol, as well, helps me big time, but not specific to adhd, just in my overall health and wellness, which then allows me to better address my struggles, most days.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
Old 05-21-17, 01:07 AM

Shamindo has a spectacular aura aboutShamindo has a spectacular aura about

Thanks everyone for sharing!