ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 01-03-16, 06:51 PM

Mikey89000 is on a distinguished road
Help me with my mom

Most of my life my parents don't recognize me and mostly focus on my siblings. My mom favors my other brother and my youngest sister while my dad doesn't really favor.

Recently the only time my mom would ever talk to me is to lash out and yell at me. She knows I have add and anger issues and my siblings know that too, however when my siblings do somthing to make me mad (which is daily) my mom never takes my side and takes my siblings side and yells at me.

I haven't had an anger out break since I started therapy about mid way through 9th grade (currently in 11th) but as each session concludes there really isn't much to talk about and the therapist doesn't want me to just sit around and talk about the same thing over and over.

I don't know how to handle my mom since therapy is only helping me delay my anger out burst and going to my room temporarily helps. Along side my mom not knowing how to handle me her mom also so the two of them just keep pushing me to the point were I'm about to snap and they don't care.

My mom I also think is an unfit parent because when my tharopist tells her how to handle me my mom never takes her advise. Also when I try to get he attention she always is busy with my younger sister who she can't sat "no" too.

Thanks for reading I would really appreciate help with this issue