ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-04, 12:14 AM

Hopeless is on a distinguished road
Smile Adults with ADD Watching TV

I don't know about you guys, but I HATE channel fippers! And it irritates me when Im watching TV and someone talks or bothers me! It doesn't even have to be the most interresting show or anything.

Also, for some reason, I need the TV volume really loud when I want to watch something I like. Because Im afraid I won't pay attention even though I may be extremely interested in the program. Its like I can't control my mind drifting off no matter how hard I try.

Anyone else picky about TV?
Old 10-06-04, 12:29 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Draga has disabled reputation
I with 80 channels worth of BLAH to watch...It hard not to keep flipping channels, but
I have to listen to volume WAY UP...I used to have this thing where I turned on closed caption and read along just to understand Whaadda he/she say? I'm hopeless Hehe. If I have never seen the movie or show I am watching...Zip de lip...other than that...Not so bad.

I do have this thing about if anyone calls me on the phone the TV or Radio goes straight off. I can talk to the TV anytime...but they never seem to answer me back hehe!

Please do not think me cold, for I do want loving arms to hold, but I am so sick of being used and abused...If I die alone tomorrow I die unbruised.
Old 10-06-04, 01:22 AM

Hopeless is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draga
I with 80 channels worth of BLAH to watch...It hard not to keep flipping channels,
Oh, I didn't say if YOURE the channel flipper. Thats a different story. Im a channel flipper but I hate when OTHER people do it! he he
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-04, 01:26 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

exeter is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I hate it. My ex roommate is a channel surfer extraordinaire. I would occasionally arrange for the remote to be conveniently "lost" sometimes just so I could get a break.

BTW, I'm not a channel surfer, either. I just look at the TV guide, decide what I want to watch, and watch it, unless it turns out to be boring or I've seen it before.
Old 10-06-04, 02:40 AM

BahstonHondaGuy is on a distinguished road
TV is EVIL

I am horrible when it comes to flipping TV (or radio) channels. The problem is TV sucks me in and I become glued to it....but it's not even because I am hooked on something. I become hooked on changing channels, and I just sit and flip for hours at a time.

Thank goodness for the Internet....something that will keep me focused and actually includes brain activity on my end. Nowadays I try to watch TV only when I am sick of sitting in front of a computer or when the Red Sox/Patriots game is on.
Old 10-06-04, 02:42 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

I haven't had a TV for 3 years.
Old 10-06-04, 08:26 AM

pdm is on a distinguished road
I used to get sucked in by TV and I could watch the worst show just to see how it turned out. Or I would try and see what was going on on 20 channels at once. And I hated being interupted. Now I mostly can't stand TV and get irritated when it is on. I've always hated when other people flip channels - this is natural and not ADD related because everyone's interests are different, so the channel flipper will invariably flip by something you want to watch.

That's a general theme with me though, after loosing huge chunks of my life to TV, video games, on-line gaming, pointless web serfing, and a few other endevours that don't give long lasting returns, I get to the point where actually doing it causes me to feel slightly ill.

There are other things that still suck me in, but some of them even though they cause me trouble in the short term (a good 900 page book that puts my life on hold while I finish it), are worth it in the long term.

No TV for three years - sounds very peaceful. When my wife and kids leave me, I'll make sure they take the TV's
Old 10-06-04, 08:53 AM

fasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura aboutfasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura about
I hate when someone else has the remote and is channel surfing but I myself do it alot and that I deal with. I don't like the TV loud and I do get irritated if I'm watching something of interest and someone wants to talk to me...

SHHHHHHHHH
Old 10-06-04, 08:55 AM

fasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura aboutfasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draga
I can talk to the TV anytime...but they never seem to answer me back hehe!
Your right I've found this also......why is that?
Old 10-06-04, 09:16 AM
Forum ADDvocate

paulbf will become famous soon enough
Have been without TV for almost 15 years. We abused it too much & were forced to go cold turkey.
Old 10-06-04, 09:57 AM

Thanked 3,331 Times in 1,335 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute
I always hate channel flippers too, because I worry that I am going to miss part. I am watching a show, when the channel changes, what if I miss part when I come back, eh!? Terrible!
Old 10-09-04, 12:54 AM

inautumnforfree is on a distinguished road
hate others flipping.
break all records when i watch tv. watch oen show for about 1 second, flip. I do like the last channel button on the remore a bit to much.
Old 10-09-04, 01:03 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbf
Have been without TV for almost 15 years. We abused it too much & were forced to go cold turkey.
I don't know if I'll ever have a TV again, except for watching movies. If I ever managed to get married and have kids, I'd like to raise them without TV.