ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-04, 12:21 AM

tractor1 is on a distinguished road
Red face Watching sports on tv all weekend? Not!

I have never understood the guys that are into sports on tv, which seems like most guys, which I never fit in with. I played and loved it in school, but define torture, that would be sitting in front of the boob tube for hours. Is this an ADD thing, or just me?
Old 10-27-04, 12:32 PM
Forum Guru

cameron has a spectacular aura aboutcameron has a spectacular aura about
I played high school sports, football in college, etc...anyway, I guess I am like "most" guys and 95 percent of the tv I watch is sports..I mostly watch college football(easily the best sport). I do like going to games a little more than wathcing(at least for football and basketball)...anyway, I guess since I'm an OLD washed up ex-athlete I still like to watch other athletes play and contribute. I don't really have any favorite teams, I mostly watch because I find it interesting following, certain players, plays, formations, etc..more from a coaching standpoint....I am NOT one of those lunatic fanatic freaks who wears all kinds of crazy stuff and acts like a complete idiot at games....watching some sports on tv(mostly COLLEGE Football and NOT pro, and Basketball) is a LOT better than watching some stupid reality or sitcom show!! I hate that $hit! I either watch sports or like watching the food channel, discovery channel or the Learning channel. Yeah, its an ADD thing...cause I get locked into something I ENJOY! and get hyperfocused on things I like/enjoy. I don't understand why you say, "Is this an ADD thing, or just me"?? obviously you do not understand a lot about ADD with this sort of statement.
Old 10-27-04, 01:54 PM

Crash-Dr is on a distinguished road
I'd have to say I'm with Cameron on this one, there's one thing I cannot stand to watch on TV and that's sports (but of course, to each their own - some stuff I like to do I know for a fact drives other people crazy bored at the thought of ). I like participating in sports, but having to sit and watch it I find mind numbing.

-CrashDr
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-04, 02:12 PM

Dsherman is on a distinguished road
actually tractor1 i'm with you. I could never focus on sprts, don't know why it never intrested me i guess. My wife dosn't understand why I am the only guy she knows that always flip past all the sports stuff.
Old 10-27-04, 02:35 PM

Thanked 6,507 Times in 4,751 Posts
SB_UK has disabled reputation
Hi,
I agree with all 4 posts.
It's an ADD thing for you, but not an ADD thing for all ADDers.
Playing and watching sport are quite different, and it's just an expression of your lack of interest in things that don't capture your imagination.
SB.
Old 10-27-04, 06:55 PM
Forum Guru

cameron has a spectacular aura aboutcameron has a spectacular aura about
not many here into watching sports on tv...interesting... Anyone who LIKES to watch sports on tv or in person? I am sure a lot wouldn't mind going to some type of sporting event?
Old 10-27-04, 07:08 PM

electro is on a distinguished road
If you are interested in the sport, depending on the sport, sitting for hours ( 1-2 )
at a time can be engaging - I think it depends on how "visual" you are - or how engaging visual activities are to a particular person - even how many times the sport is "interupted by commercials". I am a soccer(football) fan and love the continuity of this sport because each 1/2 is always 45 minutes with 0 interruptions - it is a please to experience an event that has that much continuity.
Love is the ultimate answer. Love is not an abstraction but an actual energy, or spectrum of energies, which you can "create" and maintain in you being. Love disolves fear. You cannot be afraid when you are feeling love. Since everything is energy, and love encompasses all energies. - Messages from the Masters - Brian Weiss
Old 10-27-04, 08:53 PM
ADDvanced Member

sLiPpY is on a distinguished road
I'd rather play sports than watch them, and at 37 am still very physically active. I'll watch a football game on TV, but I'd rather go see it or play it. Will admit there are some sports, I'll turn on that I know for sure will put me to sleep. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Mostly, I prefer to watch sports...at a sports bar. In that there's conversation, in addition to the games. Maybe that's what I like about going to the games.
Old 10-31-04, 11:55 PM

Crash-Dr is on a distinguished road
Oops, I meant to say Tractor1 instead of Cameron - sorry about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash-Dr
I'd have to say I'm with Cameron on this one, there's one thing I cannot stand to watch on TV and that's sports (but of course, to each their own - some stuff I like to do I know for a fact drives other people crazy bored at the thought of ). I like participating in sports, but having to sit and watch it I find mind numbing.

-CrashDr