ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-17, 10:57 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 19,366 Times in 11,213 Posts
midnightstar has disabled reputation
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

Not a good day today and to top it off my computer seems to be in the middle of a nuclear meltdown. Keeps saying about updating mode nuclear missile number 56789101e1r out of big long number too complicated to ttpe on phone. I may have made up the nuclear missile thibg i said but computer doing something with big numbers and i dont understand what it doing i think it in nuclear meltdown chernobyl style, i get other laptop set up see if that one works hold on.

anyone know what update mode thing is? I cant read what it saying screen keeps flashing by too quick. It having nuclear meltdown.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things" Big Mama - The Fox and the Hound (Disney)
Old 09-14-17, 12:53 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 23,694 Times in 10,956 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Tried something for excessive sweating called "Drysol" you have to dab (not swipe,pat,press)it on areas overnight and wrap the areas and wait. Is there another way or kind of drysol that has an easier application? Like a spray? Right now I have my feet wrapped in plastic wrap, my head covered in a shower cap. I look like some embarassing mother from the 1950's!
Ugh, I think I'd rather deal with the sweating. It hasn't been as bad this year
but OMG I became menopausal at age 50 and I'm 65 now so 15 freaking years!
Sweatbands for the head went out of style about the time I started to wear one.

I'm wondering if Botox would help with the head sweating AND the migraines?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 09-14-17, 02:20 PM

Seems like my computer's decided to stop with the meltdown thing, it's working again now after I switched it off for a couple of hours and just left it to sulk.

I mean the computer was sulking. Not me.

Ebony's got the grumbles now.
"Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things" Big Mama - The Fox and the Hound (Disney)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-17, 03:12 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Seems like my computer's decided to stop with the meltdown thing, it's working again now after I switched it off for a couple of hours and just left it to sulk.

I mean the computer was sulking. Not me.

Ebony's got the grumbles now.
Happy to hear that. Re-booting is all it takes sometimes.

I had to buy a new mouse this morning. Not a biggie, but I didn't feel like going
to Walmart. Glad I was able to find one at Walgreens, although it's not
the small one that I prefer. I have very short fingers.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (09-14-17), stef (09-14-17)
Old 09-14-17, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Happy to hear that. Re-booting is all it takes sometimes.

I had to buy a new mouse this morning. Not a biggie, but I didn't feel like going
to Walmart. Glad I was able to find one at Walgreens, although it's not
the small one that I prefer. I have very short fingers.
I wish it wouldn't decide to randomly have a meltdown for no reason. idk what it was on about. Or off about. Whatever floats it's boat.

Tigger says mouse? I'll get Auntie Funacie a mouse, I can get one with 4 legs and a big long tail
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
stef (09-14-17)
Old 09-14-17, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
I wish it wouldn't decide to randomly have a meltdown for no reason. idk what it was on about. Or off about. Whatever floats it's boat.

Tigger says mouse? I'll get Auntie Funacie a mouse, I can get one with 4 legs and a big long tail
There is always a reason for a meltdown ... too much information, eating the
wrong thing. I'm just glad it's feeling better now.

And thank you Tigger, but I prefer to use a mouse that can't run away just
when I need to use it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (09-14-17)
Old 09-14-17, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
There is always a reason for a meltdown ... too much information, eating the
wrong thing. I'm just glad it's feeling better now.

And thank you Tigger, but I prefer to use a mouse that can't run away just
when I need to use it.
I know, I know, it ate a mouse that Tigger hunted it

I'm telling it not to have another meltdown
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (09-14-17), stef (09-14-17)
Old 09-14-17, 04:18 PM

Thanked 27,449 Times in 12,716 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry z pit the million posts today. I'm actually quote sad about messaging up the interview. I don't remember any interview I'm the recent past thst ̣ haven't messed up. How will I ever get a job again? I cant tslk intelligently or maturely abou anything.

And yeah what's worse. ... family issues...as always
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (09-14-17), aeon (09-15-17), Greyhound1 (09-14-17), Little Missy (09-15-17), Lunacie (09-14-17), midnightstar (09-14-17)
Old 09-15-17, 02:59 AM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,347 Times in 708 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

I wish I wasn't always worried about what people think of me
Fuzzy12 (09-15-17), Kaia.S (09-15-17)
Old 09-15-17, 04:41 AM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBrain View Post
I wish I wasn't always worried about what people think of me
I think all of us would be a lot happier if we didn't worry so much about what other people thought of us.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (09-15-17), Kaia.S (09-15-17), stef (09-15-17)
Old 09-15-17, 09:36 AM

Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,324 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

I lost my faith in psychiatric diagnoses lately. I believe a lot of it is just a financial scam. Certainly with milder diagnoses like PDD-NOS and mild forms of AD(H)D. A lot of people who have those diagnoses are certainly suffering, like a lot of people who will never be diagnosed, and in some cases medication may help. Yet I believe putting people in boxes is mostly done to get money from insurance companies.

Some research shows that diagnoses in many cases even are damaging. It stigmatizes and reinforces believes people may already have about themselves. That is something I have experienced myself. After being diagnosed PDD-NOS my belief about being socially off and an outcast were reinforced. Above that came that psycho-education was more damaging than helpful. I believe they should emphasize that you are a person, just like anybody else, but may or may not suffer from a number of characteristics attached to the condition. Instead the way it was presented by the psychotherapist attached to the hospital is that you have a certain diagnosis and they will tell you exactly who you are on that basis. Didn't do much good to my confidence and it only increased my social anxiety.

Luckily I was a bit older when I got the label ADD, and they couldn't stigmatize me anymore. I was more like: Okay, just give me the meds and I'll be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-15-17)
Old 09-15-17, 11:18 AM

Thanked 30,972 Times in 13,899 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm heading to the dentist now and totally freaked out
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-15-17), stef (09-15-17)
Old 09-15-17, 11:20 AM

Trying to do social stuff woth fuzzling.

Called a friend with baby over today morning but fuzzling had an uberlong nap and woke up just before they left. Now I've xome to the soft play area but fuzzling is napping again. I've been waiting for almost 2h in the car park now.

And my phone is almost out of charge and I need the sat nav to go home.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Hermus (09-15-17), stef (09-15-17)
Old 09-15-17, 11:51 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,943 Times in 13,094 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
I lost my faith in psychiatric diagnoses lately. I believe a lot of it is just a financial scam. Certainly with milder diagnoses like PDD-NOS and mild forms of AD(H)D. A lot of people who have those diagnoses are certainly suffering, like a lot of people who will never be diagnosed, and in some cases medication may help. Yet I believe putting people in boxes is mostly done to get money from insurance companies.
How so? How does the psychiatric field benefit so much more than other doctors? If its so lucrative, why is there a shortage of psychiatrists?

Quote:
Some research shows that diagnoses in many cases even are damaging.
Can you provide links to this research? I would think the damage from not being diagnosed, or misdiagnosed would be worse.

Quote:
It stigmatizes and reinforces believes people may already have about themselves.
I disagree. If anything it gives names and reasons for people's issues which would make them feel less badly about themselves. Imagine someone with bipolar who cries so much they want to die not having a diagnosis? Isnt it better for them to know its not their fault and that help is available so they dont suffer with self loathing?

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 09-15-17, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
How so? How does the psychiatric field benefit so much more than other doctors? If its so lucrative, why is there a shortage of psychiatrists?

Can you provide links to this research? I would think the damage from not being diagnosed, or misdiagnosed would be worse.

I disagree. If anything it gives names and reasons for people's issues which would make them feel less badly about themselves. Imagine someone with bipolar who cries so much they want to die not having a diagnosis? Isnt it better for them to know its not their fault and that help is available so they dont suffer with self loathing?
This is certainly how I felt about finally getting a diagnosis.

I don't think it's about putting labels on people, that is only done in order to
qualify for acomodations or services. And it's not to give people an excuse
to give up and not even try.

For me it removed the shame and the blame that has been directed at me
until I was in my late 50's.

Insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, psychiatrists ... yeah, they
have made a business of this. But the same is true of all doctors and medical
conditions.

No one is blaming the optometrists for labeling people with astigmatism JUST
so they can sell them contacts or glasses. No one says it's a bad thing that
doctors diagnose high blood pressure and prescribe life saving medication.

Mental illness is the only illness that seems to come in for this kind of scrutiny
and censure. Oops, not the only illness, fibromyalgia is still struggling for
acceptance and decent treatment.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-15-17)