ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-09, 12:56 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,638 Posts
Song of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Today I am grateful for... (Part II)

With so much hurt to talk about, and struggles to find relief from various challanges and feelings around the board, I thought it would be healing to get a bit of our thinking onto the good around us. I hope you will join me in stopping in occasionally and reflecting on the good in our lives.

A friend I just met named Donna. She is very nice and has similar interest to myself. She is a really healthy person in terms of she is not proud of her error but secure in herself. She is the kind of person who I have been wanting in my life.

A mentor in my life that I respect and trust enough to be impacted by.
Old 12-11-14, 01:46 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 24,395 Times in 12,020 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Today I am Grateful for:

yesterday's birthday thread
thanks again everyone!
Old 12-11-14, 06:46 AM
Suspended Account

Thanked 5,300 Times in 2,835 Posts
Gilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Today I am Grateful for:

YES !!! Good night sleep
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-14, 02:54 PM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 12,827 Times in 5,187 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Part II. Today I am grateful for:

MOD NOTE: This thread is a continuation of this thread.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
Old 12-11-14, 03:12 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 11,654 Times in 5,823 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Omgosh guys...

Now I'm not a religious man...but sometimes things happen that leave me in such awe that I can't help but to wonder if God isn't reaching down and lending me a direct hand.

I've fallen into some serious debt this month. I have almost no food, was late paying rent and was super stressed there wasn't even going to be enough in my checking account to cover the check I wrote, my internet got shut off yesterday because I'm a payment behind...oh and I just remembered I haven't made a payment to the court (for some very stupid decisions I made over 10 years ago) in the last 2 months (I'm sure I've got a warrant out for my arrest right now /cry). Oh...and I'm late in paying off a loan I have with Amazon.com as well!

lol maybe I should start to pursue marriage...not for love...but for someone to deal with my finances and such for me! haha

It's so overwhelming!

But...my state gives those on disability a check each December around the 20th to help repay extra expenses we may of had throughout the year.
I was relying on this check to help dig me out...but I had no idea how I was going to get through the next 8 or 9 days. I only have enough food for another day or 2 and certainly can't afford for my rent check to bounce.

So I broke down last night and told God that I have no idea what to do and prayed for him to help me figure out a way through this.

I just got my mail...my check was inside.
It's enough to catch me up on my bills, completely pay off what I owe the court, let me go grocery shopping...and heck, I'll even have some left over.

It just seems kinda magical to me. I mean I knew it was coming, but I didn't expect it for at least another 8 days. Instead it shows up the day after I prayed for God's help...over a week early.

Things like this really do make me wonder <3

"Be gentle with yourself tonight.
You've been here before. You might be here again.
But in between, you have a chance.
Snatch that f'n thing up and use it for all it's worth."

--
Unmanagable

Last edited by psychopathetic; 12-11-14 at 03:22 PM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Baal Moom (12-19-14), Little Missy (12-16-14), phantasm (12-18-14), stef (12-12-14), TygerSan (12-12-14)
Old 12-16-14, 06:48 AM
Zen moderator

stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

The sun is out!!!! I can actually see blue sky!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
eclectic beagle (12-18-14), phantasm (12-18-14)
Old 12-17-14, 09:39 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Louder Than Love is a jewel in the roughLouder Than Love is a jewel in the roughLouder Than Love is a jewel in the rough

These forums and some of the best of the people to be found on the internet. ( and probably real life if truth be told)
Old 12-18-14, 05:45 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,329 Posts
eclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond repute

Alone time and music.
Old 12-18-14, 07:11 PM
Artisan of Shenanigans

Thanked 4,765 Times in 3,105 Posts
Conman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond repute

finals being over and christmas break

-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 12-18-14, 11:24 PM

Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,821 Posts
willow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW Psycho.
You deserve it.
Hey, either way I'm sooo glad that worked out for you. Breathe. **hugs** You're so great!

So this past couple of days have been really cool, I'm not even sure I can type it all.

I went to visit my aunt and uncle, I hadn't seen my uncle in 18 years or so. I saw my aunt a couple of months ago but that was also after not having seen her for about 18 years. A part of me was kind of amazed that they even cared to see me it's been so long. They are so amazing!! They are gentle, love animals, have an awesome farm house full of antiques, and they are so welcoming and wonderful. I spent a day working on this project with my uncle and being philosophical and hearing about all the family stuff on their side that I have missed. It was so great and I can't wait to see them again.

The reason I asked if I could come visit them was because I was invited to record on a CD being put together by a musician I really really admire. And he asked me to play on his CD!!!! EEK. So that was pretty awesome.

Today at school we started getting ready for the school play and the kids are BEYOND excited. I had my last rehearsal before the concert with the band and I'm keeping my expectations high with them but I feel like they are starting to get it. And it's an actual real band, not just a teeny weeny little group of kids. It's very cool and they're super adorable.

Also I had a meeting with my principal today about next year and he said that the people at the school are falling over themselves with love for me and I worry too much. (How do I always get this reputation....!!) And like, I couldn't believe my ears, he was telling me that I need to make time for my other profession (playing) and not feel like I was taking on too much, that I'm in a part of my life where I'm figuring myself out and Sure! you can change your schedule next year, tell me what days you want to work. that is OK. Like...who ARE you??? I've just never EVER EVER heard an administrator talk like this. I mean I definitely wasn't looking for a heart to heart but I've been really thinking hard about this job lately and he pretty much read my mind. Can't even describe what that was like.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to willow129 For This Useful Post:
Baal Moom (12-19-14), Little Missy (12-19-14), stef (12-19-14), Unmanagable (12-19-14), Wowwowwow (12-19-14)
Old 12-19-14, 12:17 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,035 Times in 8,590 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

Yay willow!!! I remember how stressed you were at the last place. This place sounds like a perfect fit!!

"Come to know the power and authority of your graces with the same precision with which you have come to know your brokenness and pain." ~Caroline Myss
Old 12-19-14, 04:13 AM
Zen moderator

Office Christmas party last night!
I wasn't even nervous, and I had a nice time (bit too much to drink but that's ok
And I really have friends here!
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Wowwowwow (12-19-14)
Old 12-19-14, 12:52 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,035 Times in 8,590 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

Having enough to be able to share with others.

"Come to know the power and authority of your graces with the same precision with which you have come to know your brokenness and pain." ~Caroline Myss
Old 12-19-14, 01:51 PM

Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,821 Posts
willow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Unmanageable!!

I'm soo lucky. A friend of mine was working at my old school and she left because it was horrible, and then ended up at a charter school which is making her want to quit teaching completely.

Luckily I actually ended up in a supportive school!!! No way do I want to quit!!

And my students...oh my god. All of them have claimed a little piece of property in my heart forever.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willow129 For This Useful Post:
stef (12-19-14), Unmanagable (12-19-14)
Old 12-19-14, 02:53 PM
Artisan of Shenanigans

Thanked 4,765 Times in 3,105 Posts
Conman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond repute

sex...and drugs

-Hunter S. Thompson