ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > ADD FORUMS LIVE CHAT
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-13, 06:34 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Location: you carry your claim wherever you go - bob wier ACE
Thanked 1,466 Times in 923 Posts
Blanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant future
Re: The mythical chat room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshoppaa View Post
Since I've been a registered user on here for about two years and have NEVER seen/used the chat room, I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't really exist and is just a myth.

I've filed the concept of a working chat room away in my brain right next to jackalopes and leprechauns. Other users say they've seen, and even used it, and I hear it's a magical place! A virtual world of delightful social interaction between people from all ends of the earth. I've been told that angels sing background music and gumdrops and ADD meds fall from the heavens. The descriptions sounds so realistic that I desperately want to believe them, but time after time I search for this magical place only to come up empty.

Doesn't it sound great? Maybe someday.................
heh, i often muse that they say the same thing about us...when they want to see us which isn't often lol

~ Sir Winston Churchill
Old 06-03-13, 12:06 AM

zoomman is a name known to allzoomman is a name known to allzoomman is a name known to allzoomman is a name known to allzoomman is a name known to allzoomman is a name known to all

Also, there's something we need to tell you about Santa Clause ...
This savage love is undestructable!
---Gogol Bordello
Old 07-06-13, 09:27 PM
Forum Guru

SpaceBaby has a spectacular aura aboutSpaceBaby has a spectacular aura about

You know, I was browsing around and found out the owner of the forum is DAVID and his profile shows that he hasn't made a post since 2011, but it says his recent activity was like a week ago (I'm guessing that just means he's logged in recently).

Now the mystery behind the broken chatroom is solved... lol jk.. just thought it would be funny to say that
The Following User Says Thank You to SpaceBaby For This Useful Post:
Maurice (11-04-14)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-13, 10:31 PM
Contributor

Canadian Mess is a splendid one to beholdCanadian Mess is a splendid one to beholdCanadian Mess is a splendid one to beholdCanadian Mess is a splendid one to beholdCanadian Mess is a splendid one to beholdCanadian Mess is a splendid one to beholdCanadian Mess is a splendid one to beholdCanadian Mess is a splendid one to behold

Would definitely be a good idea as long as the rules were in place.... having a chatroom full of ADDers would mean the conversations would be irratic, random and posters would be impulsive.... and very quickly go off topic.

Not that it's a bad thing though, that's how most of my conversations go
The Following User Says Thank You to Canadian Mess For This Useful Post:
Maurice (11-04-14)
Old 09-07-13, 08:43 PM

Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,930 Posts
Daydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond repute

yea..... right......
Old 10-03-13, 02:17 PM

BatBowey is on a distinguished road

I'd happily provide a place to chat if people are up for it. Have domain + hosting, just have to know if it's going to be used.
Old 02-05-14, 03:25 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

DesertDave is just really niceDesertDave is just really niceDesertDave is just really niceDesertDave is just really nice

I have a feeling that it wouldn't be used as much as many think. It worked when I first joined. Sometimes there were people in it but not participating in the chat. Once in a while there was some conversation. I chatted with a couple people who just happened to be on at the same time I was and we were both in the mood to talk.
---! I need to update this. I'll put that on the list

No, I don't proofread my postings. I type, I click submit. Then cringe if I go back & read it later.
Old 02-22-14, 11:23 AM
Jr Member

Artiste is on a distinguished road

There is an ADHD chat room over at healthfulchat.org that's open all the time. I go in there sometimes. Obviously it's not at all affiliated with addforums, but it's on-topic and the people are friendly and weird (in a brilliant way). Hope that helps.
Old 11-04-14, 04:00 PM
ADDvanced Member

Location: Multiple dimensions of reality, but also East Texas
TXJK14 has a spectacular aura aboutTXJK14 has a spectacular aura about

Being a new user here I would love to see and talk to people who are logged in when I am, but on the flip side, I would spend so much time on the chat feature that I wouldn't post much or I would post more and not use the chat feature at all.

Also, the downside for me of having a chat feature is I spend so much time on it that I forget about my other things Im suppose to be taking care of. Thankfully for me with the way technology is going I love texting (most of the time) and can text/chat with friends from my computer all while working.

Always open to chat.
The Following User Says Thank You to TXJK14 For This Useful Post:
Maurice (11-04-14)
Old 11-05-14, 05:09 PM
ADDvanced Member

Location: Multiple dimensions of reality, but also East Texas
TXJK14 has a spectacular aura aboutTXJK14 has a spectacular aura about

But really is it any wonder that the chat isn't working? How many times have we said we would fix something but... 2 years later.... 3 years later.... Yup, going to fix it... 4 years later... XD

Always open to chat.
Old 11-19-14, 02:26 PM

Thanked 3,329 Times in 1,335 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute

The forums are for-profit, there is no incentive to fix anything and it would cost money, when they get plenty of ad revenue from visitors who find this place via Google.

This forum is running software from 2008. Don't expect it to be fixed, ever, without a radical overhaul.
Old 12-10-14, 04:47 PM
Contributor

FocusPocus10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper Keith View Post
The forums are for-profit, there is no incentive to fix anything and it would cost money, when they get plenty of ad revenue from visitors who find this place via Google.

This forum is running software from 2008. Don't expect it to be fixed, ever, without a radical overhaul.
I recommend the extension adblock or adblock plus for your browser of choice. I never see ads, ever. Enjoy
The Following User Says Thank You to FocusPocus10 For This Useful Post:
namazu (12-10-14)
Old 12-20-14, 06:58 PM
Suspended Account

Skyf@ll is a splendid one to beholdSkyf@ll is a splendid one to beholdSkyf@ll is a splendid one to beholdSkyf@ll is a splendid one to beholdSkyf@ll is a splendid one to beholdSkyf@ll is a splendid one to beholdSkyf@ll is a splendid one to behold

I can see the idea of not having a chat room on this forum. The forum is a success just now why change it?

Imagine the bother the mods with have to go through to calm things down between real time impulsive thoughts made by peeps.

At least with a forum people have time to make decisions before they post it. ill reply to a post out of impulsiveness and maybe think different later...that's just me...but I'm sure there is others out there
The Following User Says Thank You to Skyf@ll For This Useful Post:
namazu (01-07-15)
Old 01-06-15, 09:23 PM

Thanked 3,329 Times in 1,335 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusPocus10 View Post
I recommend the extension adblock or adblock plus for your browser of choice. I never see ads, ever. Enjoy
No dude, they use those inline ads and serve them to non-authenticated users. Basically this place dominates Google hits for ADHD/ADD topics, people click those topics, David makes a few cents. He runs a couple such communities. It's not a bad business model but it's also not likely to get the chat, or anything else, fixed.
namazu (01-07-15)
Old 10-13-15, 11:29 AM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 521 Posts
InvitroCanibal has a brilliant futureInvitroCanibal has a brilliant futureInvitroCanibal has a brilliant futureInvitroCanibal has a brilliant futureInvitroCanibal has a brilliant futureInvitroCanibal has a brilliant futureInvitroCanibal has a brilliant futureInvitroCanibal has a brilliant futureInvitroCanibal has a brilliant futureInvitroCanibal has a brilliant futureInvitroCanibal has a brilliant future

The chat room is right next to the pool and mini bar ofcourse it is guarded by the unspeakable horror...good luck
willow129 (01-16-16)