ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-11, 07:52 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,266 Times in 1,840 Posts
doiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond repute
This saying..........'Rock Bottom'

'When one hits rock bottom,they then reach new heights...'

Something along those lines anyway

Wanted to know if this is true,or do people just say this kinda stuff for the sake of it?

Cos i feel like i've hit there again!

Moreso now than ever.....

Is this saying true?

It's better be....whats worse than rock bottom,dont want to go there
Abi (07-11-11), Blueranne (06-30-11), ginniebean (07-01-11), peripatetic (06-30-11), tired1823 (06-30-11)
Old 06-30-11, 08:08 PM

Thanked 3,558 Times in 2,136 Posts
Turbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond repute
Re: This saying..........'Rock Bottom'

Well, Hitting rock bottom is hard, no question about it. Sometimes, I think , It takes that to convince us we need to do something different, or maybe we have reached the point where we are so willing to try ANYTHING to make things better, we actually become willing to make the changes we have been refusing to make.

What's worse then hitting rock bottom?I think it's losing hope that there will be change. Thinking that things will always be how they are right now. Change, from my experience of hitting rock bottom, takes time. That is real change that's going to stick, that's going to have a positive impact on life. It's a series of small steps in the right direction. Sometimes it does feel like two steps forward and one step back.

( I hope this makes sense- lol I typed it without my glasses off and the keyboard is blurry )

Fyodor Dostoevsky

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Turbochica For This Useful Post:
Blueranne (06-30-11), doiadhd (06-30-11), Retromancer (07-02-11), salleh (06-30-11), sarek (07-02-11), tired1823 (06-30-11)
Old 06-30-11, 08:30 PM

doiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond repute

Definatley makes sense,thankyou Turbos x

Yes to change,i have quite smoking the wakey bakey,have had to deal with all the things i hate/am afraid of in life.....i still have hope left,not sure how.I have picked up the bible on numerous occasions.

Maybe things have to get worse before they can get better,two steps back and one giant step forward,like a run up!
Blueranne (06-30-11), shysmile (06-30-11), tired1823 (06-30-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-11, 10:37 PM

Thanked 30,114 Times in 13,504 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

truly, i don't know but i want to think it's possible and those who deserve a ****ing break will get one sooner than later. i'm dour lately and will say that i've also heard the adage "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" and know that's a load of ****e. sometimes what doesn't kill you leaves you crippled. if there's justice in the world, though, the truth comes out in the end and everyone gets what they deserve.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Abi (07-11-11), Blueranne (06-30-11), doiadhd (06-30-11), Fortune (07-02-11), ginniebean (07-01-11), salleh (06-30-11), stef (07-01-11)
Old 06-30-11, 10:44 PM
Banned

Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,614 Posts
tired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by doiadhd View Post
Maybe things have to get worse before they can get better,two steps back and one giant step forward,like a run up!
nice. thats how im going to think of it now!
The Following User Says Thank You to tired1823 For This Useful Post:
doiadhd (06-30-11)
Old 06-30-11, 11:37 PM

Thanked 3,047 Times in 1,382 Posts
shysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond repute

It depends how you interpret "rock bottom" I guess. I've glimpsed my own version of rock bottom before (inner turmoil), and I can say that I wouldn't have made such progress in my personal life if I hadn't seen what ugliness things could become if I kept letting myself feel like I did. Not everyone has to hit the breaking point before they change, but sadly for some people that's what ends up happening.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shysmile For This Useful Post:
doiadhd (06-30-11), Turbochica (07-01-11)
Old 06-30-11, 11:52 PM

I've hit rock bottom more than once,more than twice...could never understand why i did not improve or get better,i did pick myself up and crack on a few times...thinking of it my whole life has been hitting rock bottom and picking myself up.I think most learn after once or twice and figure out how to stay there.I'm not just talking about emotion,or blaming myself,its not as easy as that,say you get mad redundant from work or fired or the works just dried out.....not long till its rock bottom,everything goes.Not explaining this well.

I've been here to many times before,this is the worst time and most serious and important time,but it has been made harder and more difficult from outside factors,although some are helping me and have helped,theres alot against me,kinda like kicking me while i'm down,i've been beaten up badly like that before(physically),but it did not last 4-5 months,think i'd rather recieve that beating than the mental stress and pressure at the moment,its all the stuff i hate,all desks,phones computers,strangers authorities,waiting....all the things i've always avoided,now have to do it all at once.It's like they want me to break and i would if i did not have one major priority to fight for.

Doi tired now,sounds like a riddle,thanx for the replies everyone,night.
peripatetic (07-01-11)
Old 07-01-11, 02:57 AM
Banned

zirazira is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shysmile View Post
It depends how you interpret "rock bottom" I guess. I've glimpsed my own version of rock bottom before (inner turmoil), and I can say that I wouldn't have made such progress in my personal life if I hadn't seen what ugliness things could become if I kept letting myself feel like I did. Not everyone has to hit the breaking point before they change, but sadly for some people that's what ends up happening.
that's true for sure.
Old 07-01-11, 03:13 AM
Forum ADDvocate

gerwin is just really nicegerwin is just really nicegerwin is just really nicegerwin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by doiadhd View Post
Cos i feel like i've hit there again!

Moreso now than ever.....

Is this saying true?

It's better be....whats worse than rock bottom,dont want to go there

I'm there too, there should be a meeting point at Rock bottom for all of us to go to

So keep in mind: you're never alone
Raoul Duke: One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas)

I say no to drugs, but they don’t listen.
G.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gerwin For This Useful Post:
doiadhd (07-01-11), peripatetic (07-01-11)
Old 07-01-11, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerwin View Post
I'm there too, there should be a meeting point at Rock bottom for all of us to go to

So keep in mind: you're never alone
I'll race you there,

I win

Thanks for the message,feel alot better getting a stuff off my chest since being back....maybe i should never have left,maybe why i have hit rock bottom. Hopefully that is past tense because been feeling better of late.

Hope.
gerwin (07-01-11)
Old 07-01-11, 01:49 PM

Thanked 21,894 Times in 7,981 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

hitting rock bottom is another in a long line of platitudes and yet there is always some truth in it. I have experienced hitting rock bottom and for me it was 'the no escaping the reality' of my situation. There was nothing left to fight, I saw very clearly that I had fooled myself and been an outstanding fool. When there is no more argument, there is no wiggle room for rationalizations, and you have no option but to accept a very ****ty circumstance then you have hit rock bottom.

You can stay there but you can't take it any further, there is only one way to go and that is in a new direction like it or not. Assuming that the new direction will be for the better .. is just creating another air castle.. we live.. we make mistakes and we move on.

No amount of crap people try and make you believe will change anything,so go with the truth of your experience, trust yourself and move forward.

I don't know if this means anything to you or anyone else but I'm putting it out there for you Doi.

Remember you have good friends here, they care that you do well. That's actually more than many have.

love ya bunches suger
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
diced (07-01-11), doiadhd (07-01-11), gerwin (07-01-11), peripatetic (07-01-11), Retromancer (07-02-11), tired1823 (07-02-11)
Old 07-01-11, 02:11 PM

There's two things i can do,
do what i want
do what others want

Neither are appropriate.....want somewhere in between that,i'm living for my son.

He looks so depressed without me there,even though no one else can see this,
apart from me.I know him the best and he knows me the best.

I ****ed up.

I want to make it up.

Why are people so stupid and why is the system so ****.

I get classified as dumb,ohhh the irony.

Thanks for the post Ginnie,on the vodka nowx

I'm going camping!
ginniebean (07-01-11), peripatetic (07-01-11)
Old 07-02-11, 12:17 AM
Artisan of Shenanigans

Thanked 4,767 Times in 3,105 Posts
Conman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond repute

highschool is rock bottom...
college can only get better

-Hunter S. Thompson
The Following User Says Thank You to Conman For This Useful Post:
tired1823 (07-02-11)
Old 07-02-11, 02:27 AM
Committee of One

Thanked 4,154 Times in 1,774 Posts
Retromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond repute

That's your freakin' rock bottom? Ooh suburban high school -- the horror, the horror! I -- and others here -- would so love to trade you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman View Post
highschool is rock bottom...
college can only get better
-- Oscar Wilde
The Following User Says Thank You to Retromancer For This Useful Post:
doiadhd (07-02-11)
Old 07-02-11, 02:37 AM
Committee of One

Thanked 4,154 Times in 1,774 Posts
Retromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond repute

Waking up to find the door only unlocks from the outside ... is a good definition of 'rock bottom'. Watching your worldly possessions being carried out to the curb by the deputies ... is a good definition of 'rock bottom'.
-- Oscar Wilde
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Retromancer For This Useful Post:
doiadhd (07-02-11), peripatetic (07-02-11)