ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-17, 11:36 AM
ADDvanced Member

Adenosine has a spectacular aura aboutAdenosine has a spectacular aura about
Re: Today I am grateful for... (Part II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouslyadd View Post
You've been doing so well! I'm proud of you.
Thanks.

I used to get mad at myself for being depressed. Even when I did something good, I wouldn't let myself feel proud of it, because I thought I was failing to be strong or cheerful enough. Somehow that was a bigger strike than real, concrete success.

I'm not exactly sure where I got that idea, but once I dropped it, it was a fairly straight shot forward.

Meds: Dextroamphetamine 10 mg IR (1/day)
Past: Vyvanse 30 mg (1/day), Focalin 5 mg (2/day)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adenosine For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-28-17), stef (01-28-17), Unmanagable (01-28-17)
Old 01-28-17, 03:32 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 17,444 Times in 9,981 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Tigger coming onto my lap for a kiss, cuddle and snooze <3
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
All paranoia can go fart in the litter tray.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (01-28-17), C15H25N3O (01-29-17), Hermus (01-28-17), stef (01-30-17)
Old 01-30-17, 06:47 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,664 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Through her words and the sound of her voice, my sweetie was able to calm me and soothe me when my mind had gone into worst-case scenario rumination.

I'm grateful for that for a few reasons.

I never got that as a child, or was taught how to do it, so I'm kinda crap at doing it for myself.

As an adult, no one ever did it either, and perhaps that was because they didn't know how, didn't understand me, or didn't really care.

So someone doing that for me when no one else could or would, and I wasn't able to do it for myself...it seems like magic.

But it's not magic...that's what being loved feels like.

That someone would love me enough to do what I couldn't do for myself when I was in need...I'm grateful beyond my ability to understand or express for that.

And I felt scared about saying I was scared, because a long time ago I learned to not share how I felt, because it would be used to shame me and manipulate me.

But it was OK to say that I was scared.

That's all new to me and I can't even describe how it feels.

But I am so, so grateful.

Learning,
Ian
amberwillow (01-30-17), Fuzzy12 (01-30-17), Hermus (01-30-17), Little Missy (01-30-17), Simargl (02-14-17), stef (01-30-17), Unmanagable (01-30-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-17, 12:57 PM
Mindful moderator

Thanked 5,052 Times in 2,188 Posts
Hermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
Through her words and the sound of her voice, my sweetie was able to calm me and soothe me when my mind had gone into worst-case scenario rumination.

I'm grateful for that for a few reasons.

I never got that as a child, or was taught how to do it, so I'm kinda crap at doing it for myself.

As an adult, no one ever did it either, and perhaps that was because they didn't know how, didn't understand me, or didn't really care.

So someone doing that for me when no one else could or would, and I wasn't able to do it for myself...it seems like magic.

But it's not magic...that's what being loved feels like.

That someone would love me enough to do what I couldn't do for myself when I was in need...I'm grateful beyond my ability to understand or express for that.

And I felt scared about saying I was scared, because a long time ago I learned to not share how I felt, because it would be used to shame me and manipulate me.

But it was OK to say that I was scared.

That's all new to me and I can't even describe how it feels.

But I am so, so grateful.

Learning,
Ian
Very relatable, Ian. When we haven't learned to speak out and haven't been soothed as a child it's very difficult to do that for ourselves. From what you've shared on this forum you've gotten quite far in learning that. I'm learning it now and hope to be in the place you are now in some years time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-30-17), C15H25N3O (02-04-17), Little Missy (01-30-17), stef (01-31-17)
Old 02-01-17, 08:13 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,071 Times in 5,988 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Today is the best day I've had in a VERY long time. Everything's just clicked into place for me. I've caught up on sleep/feel rested, can feel my meds doing their thing (I usually don't get much from my adderall anymore), my sugar levels (diabetes)...at least for today...are where they should be...and my mood is just where I like it. Not manic, not low, but just at the upper middle...the sweet spot where I just feel chill. Like everything's just okay and I can really sit back and relax .

(((((((Today)))))))

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (02-06-17), C15H25N3O (02-04-17), Fuzzy12 (02-01-17), stef (02-04-17)
Old 02-01-17, 08:35 PM

Thanked 26,450 Times in 12,313 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Good to gear you had a good day. ((((((Psycho 's day)))))
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-01-17), stef (02-04-17)
Old 02-04-17, 04:05 AM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,886 Times in 9,300 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

I got to play a hard game of snowball fetch with my dog.

We got lots of snow here.

I just so love the snow.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (02-08-17), C15H25N3O (02-04-17), psychopathetic (02-04-17), stef (02-04-17)
Old 02-06-17, 05:16 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

A friend reaching out to me on these forums and sending me a nice pm. It just really meant a lot to me.
<3

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (02-08-17), BellaVita (02-06-17)
Old 02-07-17, 10:06 PM
Mrs dvdnvwls

BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

Had to take a drive out in the blizzard, some of the worst snow I've ever driven in – OK I didn't drive but I don't know what to call it when you are riding as a passenger.

Anyway, really glad we made it home safely.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (02-08-17), psychopathetic (02-08-17)
Old 02-10-17, 02:15 AM

I can't believe how solid my sugar levels have become. I only check twice a day...once in the morning (fasting) and once in the evening 2-3 hours after eating.

My 7 day average is 130! I don't know what my 14 day average is, as I just recently got more test strips.

My doctor wants my fasting sugar levels to be between 90 on the low end, and 160 on the high end. In reality that should be 70-140...but I've been dealing with such high levels (250+) for such a long period of time, he's giving me a little wiggle room.

It's to a point now that I need to start being a whole lot more careful with my insulin. I use to pump tons of it into myself during meals...but I may need to cut back now and see how that goes.
As far as I understand things...at least in the short term...it's better to be hyper (high) than hypo (low).

I'm just thrilled to see these numbers though! It took an entire shift in my eating habits to see these numbers...and though it wasn't intentionally to lower my sugar levels...seeing how normal my levels have become, is sure giving me a ton of motivation to continue doing what I'm doing (knowing full well that there's still TONS of improvements in my eating I can make yet).

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (02-11-17)
Old 02-12-17, 04:02 AM
Mrs dvdnvwls

I love my teammate, my husband.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
aeon (02-13-17), psychopathetic (02-13-17)
Old 02-13-17, 07:27 AM

Had the best day I've had in awhile. My sleeping issues are driving me nuts!
However, I was awake today enough to get some reading done in a book I'm nearly finished with (less than 75 pages to go!), go hang with my parents for a bit, and got some board games in (well...just 1). Teaching myself a new game I've been really wanting to play, but have been too tired to.
Oh, I also organized some clutter next to my bed as well .

Lol...isn't my life thrilling?
I try not to think about how dull I am lol...it's not something I'm proud of.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (02-13-17)
Old 02-13-17, 09:50 PM

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,664 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I did reconciliation and financial forensics for 24 hours straight without the use of additional chemistry, and I kicked booty.

I even finally figured out (and zeroed out) the cluster**** of 4 months wanton destruction I inherited when I took this job.

Well-Chuffed,
Ian
psychopathetic (02-15-17), stef (02-15-17)
Old 02-14-17, 08:24 PM
Suspended Account

Wuvmy3kitties will become famous soon enough

Coming home to 3 kitties who love me, on a day when I see other ppl getting flowers, candy, and other Valentines day stuff. That's why I "wuvmy3kitties"!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wuvmy3kitties For This Useful Post:
aeon (02-15-17), BellaVita (02-14-17), psychopathetic (02-15-17), stef (02-15-17)
Old 02-15-17, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
I did reconciliation and financial forensics for 24 hours straight without the use of additional chemistry, and I kicked booty.

I even finally figured out (and zeroed out) the cluster**** of 4 months wanton destruction I inherited when I took this job.

Well-Chuffed,
Ian
I have no idea what you said.
But I like it!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (02-15-17), stef (02-15-17), Wuvmy3kitties (02-15-17)