ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-15, 02:55 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,369 Times in 8,725 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation
Re: Today I am grateful for... (Part II)

Offspring arrived safely, had two days to totally chillax before the expectations of school kicked back in, and she's hit the ground running. I remain endlessly amazed at how much they've both achieved academically, yet still don't recognize generally. Our educational system at it's, uh, best? Fascinating, indeed.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-21-15), stef (01-21-15)
Old 01-22-15, 02:45 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Grateful the cricket cookies turned out well, and damn, they're good!!!! No one else is willing to try one. Hahahahaha!!! Geez, where's everyone's sense of adventure nowadays? Some of the stuff we eagerly ingest, and they're afraid of a lil' ol' cricket. Hahahahaha!! Maybe that should become a p/t vocation of some sort, happily grossing peeps out with exotic and tasty organics. Hmmmmm..........

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
Old 01-22-15, 06:06 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 18,118 Times in 9,685 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Freshly ground coffee beans.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
mercuranian (02-21-15), Unmanagable (01-22-15)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-15, 10:46 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,497 Times in 6,178 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmanagable View Post
Grateful the cricket cookies turned out well, and damn, they're good!!!!
I really don't know about you sometimes Unmanagable.

Do you still attend weekly meditation groups? haha...I can SO see using these cookies as the center of a practice! A mindfully eating session...giving everyone a cookie, telling them it's made with crickets () and then guiding them slowly through a session of exploring and letting go of their reactions.
Might be quite enlightening!

Gah...I really need to get back into mindfulness. lol...there's NO WAY I'd eat a cricket cookie!!...But...I can SO see myself doing a guided Mindful Eating exercise with the cookie and letting myself be a passive witness to all of my reactions to the way it looked...smelt...felt...tasted.
/sigh...I love mindfulness. Why did I ever stop practicing?

((((((((((((((Unmanagable The Chirping Belly))))))))))))))

OOO! That can be your new Hippy name! Chirping Belly!!! lol

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (01-22-15)
Old 01-22-15, 10:51 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and today I'm grateful for not feeling so dang sad!
I started a new med last week to help stabilize my mood...and even though I'm on a low dose...it's gotta be helping me, cause I haven't been depressed all week.
...even though my sleep is very messed up and I'm very mentally exhausted. It's when I'm as exhausted as I am that I usually hit super lows and get extremely sad...
But I'm not sad!
And it's great! Cause I've been under a cloud of sadness for months!
It's dang nice to catch a freaking break from it!
Very thankful of this today!

BellaVita (01-26-15)
Old 01-22-15, 04:27 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I really don't know about you sometimes Unmanagable.

Do you still attend weekly meditation groups? haha...I can SO see using these cookies as the center of a practice! A mindfully eating session...giving everyone a cookie, telling them it's made with crickets () and then guiding them slowly through a session of exploring and letting go of their reactions.
Might be quite enlightening!

Gah...I really need to get back into mindfulness. lol...there's NO WAY I'd eat a cricket cookie!!...But...I can SO see myself doing a guided Mindful Eating exercise with the cookie and letting myself be a passive witness to all of my reactions to the way it looked...smelt...felt...tasted.
/sigh...I love mindfulness. Why did I ever stop practicing?

((((((((((((((Unmanagable The Chirping Belly))))))))))))))

OOO! That can be your new Hippy name! Chirping Belly!!! lol

If ya' didn't know the crickets were in it, you'd be diggin' the heck out of those cookies!!! It's all in our minds. lol They really are tasty, even with all the other healthy ingredients.

I no longer host the meditation group since it's winter time. Homey don't go out and play in the cold with these aching bones, too much. Once spring returns, I plan to get back into hosting the community group scene. For now, I just do it on my own.

Mindfulness is incredibly difficult for a lot of us because it forces us to sit with ourselves, and that's where all the chaos and confusion is, too. Naturally, it's not a comfortable space to seek out or remain in for any length of time. But, it's definitely most rewarding once you get there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-23-15)
Old 01-22-15, 08:32 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,016 Times in 8,101 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Being approved and signing a lease for an apartment.
eclectic beagle (01-26-15), psychopathetic (01-23-15), stef (01-23-15)
Old 01-23-15, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouslyadd View Post
Being approved and signing a lease for an apartment.
That's awesome! Are they nice apartments?

You don't have to answer this if it's TMI...but will this be your first time living alone? I LOOOOVE having my own apartment to myself. It's damned nice to be able to have a space where no one else can bother me when I need my alone time.

Anyhow man! Very exciting I don't know why, but I've always found the idea of moving into new places as exciting and something to celebrate!
Happy for you!!

anonymouslyadd (01-24-15)
Old 01-24-15, 03:29 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Appearing in two local news arenas within a week, and thankfully, there were no mugshots involved. Hahahahahaha!!!! Although, as much as I hate to think about it, the potential for that seems to be increasing since strong self-advocacy skills, especially based on truth vs. scripted BS, is so frowned upon by the powers that be.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (01-26-15), eclectic beagle (01-26-15), psychopathetic (01-24-15), stef (01-24-15)
Old 01-26-15, 06:59 PM

Thanked 4,174 Times in 2,379 Posts
eclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond repute

Artist recently touched base. Progression.
The Following User Says Thank You to eclectic beagle For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-26-15)
Old 01-26-15, 07:49 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,943 Times in 9,008 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Divorce lawyers who are much nicer than their client.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
Old 01-26-15, 07:52 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,943 Times in 9,008 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

... and finding a shirt that, while not strictly "clean", passes both a sniff test and a glance test.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-15, 08:04 PM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,893 Times in 9,303 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Oh, and today I'm grateful for not feeling so dang sad!
I started a new med last week to help stabilize my mood...and even though I'm on a low dose...it's gotta be helping me, cause I haven't been depressed all week.
...even though my sleep is very messed up and I'm very mentally exhausted. It's when I'm as exhausted as I am that I usually hit super lows and get extremely sad...
But I'm not sad!
And it's great! Cause I've been under a cloud of sadness for months!
It's dang nice to catch a freaking break from it!
Very thankful of this today!
So glad to hear that!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-15, 08:05 PM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,893 Times in 9,303 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thankful for Loua because if it weren't for her I wouldn't go outside and wouldn't go on walks.
The Following User Says Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-15, 09:29 PM

Thanked 18,118 Times in 9,685 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdnvwls View Post
... and finding a shirt that, while not strictly "clean", passes both a sniff test and a glance test.
love this

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (01-26-15)