ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 08-11-10, 11:15 AM
Jr Member

krissy343 is on a distinguished road
Just picked up my Vyvanse 30mg today....

Hello! I just picked up my first script for Vyvanse 30mg today. I don't have time to get into my back story right now, but I was just curious as to whether or not I should start taking it today (since I have to work at 1) or if I should wait to take it on a day I have off, in case I experience any side effects. I'd really like to start today as I have a TON of studying to do for my anatomy class after I get off of work at 6. I guess what I'm really wondering is if any of you who are taking it, experienced any severe side effects on day one. Thanks in advance for any replies!!
Old 08-11-10, 12:28 PM
Forum Guru

CrazyLazyGal has much to be proud ofCrazyLazyGal has much to be proud ofCrazyLazyGal has much to be proud ofCrazyLazyGal has much to be proud ofCrazyLazyGal has much to be proud ofCrazyLazyGal has much to be proud ofCrazyLazyGal has much to be proud ofCrazyLazyGal has much to be proud ofCrazyLazyGal has much to be proud ofCrazyLazyGal has much to be proud of
Re: Just picked up my Vyvanse 30mg today....

I would take it when you have a day off because, as you said, there may be side effects. You need to take it early in the day though, because it lasts a long time, and if you take it late, you may not be able to get to sleep.
The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyLazyGal For This Useful Post:
krissy343 (08-12-10)
Old 08-11-10, 03:49 PM
Jr Member

Thanks for your response. That's what I figured too. So tomorrow is the day! I really hope it works! I was on concerta last and that made me miserable! Really keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-10, 03:50 PM
Jr Member

Lol. Just realized, I use way too many exclamation points... Lol can you tell I'm excited to try something new? Hehe
Old 08-12-10, 12:02 PM

Gellicat is on a distinguished road

I just picked up my first Vyvanse today too...30 mg. I was only diagnosed last week so this is my first ADHD meds. So far, it's only been two hours and I haven't felt any side effects or any effects yet.

It may take a few hours or even a couple days for noticeable results maybe.

I hope it works for both of us, Krissy.

Judith
The Following User Says Thank You to Gellicat For This Useful Post:
krissy343 (08-12-10)
Old 08-12-10, 02:13 PM
Jr Member

I took my first dose around the same time you did. Within 30 minutes, I got a boost in energy and was feeling more alert. Now, I still have the energy, but feel more jittery. Just like I would feel if I drank too much coffee. Nothing unbearable. I do, however, feel a slight tingling sensation in my face. Again, nothing unbearable. Now for the true test: My boyfriend and I are moving soon and I need to get going on cleaning and packing. Without meds, it would be almost impossible for me to stay on task. I'm going to set the stopwatch on my phone and see how long I can go without getting distracted. In the past, it would only be a few minutes.
I'll post at the end of the day and let you know how it went! Would be great if you could let me know how your day went too and if you had any adverse side effects!
The Following User Says Thank You to krissy343 For This Useful Post:
Gellicat (08-12-10)
Old 08-12-10, 06:48 PM

Gellicat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'll post at the end of the day and let you know how it went! Would be great if you could let me know how your day went too and if you had any adverse side effects!
Krissy, I've had this 30 mg in my system for almost 9 hours and I can't say I've really noticed much of anything. Not any side effects that get my attention, and I'm pretty tuned in to that. Maybe the slightest bit of focus improvement, but it's just possible I'm making myself think that way because I want to so much. I was reading while I was on my tracking machine this afternoon and I thought to myself: "This is good. I'm really focused on this book". At the end of the next paragraph, I realized that I had no idea what I'd read since the thought about focus came to mind.

I'm just hoping it's taking a day or so for my system to adjust. I'm anxious to hear how your day went.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gellicat For This Useful Post:
krissy343 (08-13-10)
Old 08-13-10, 04:15 PM
Jr Member

Hmmm. Well, everyone's different. I definitely felt the difference! It gave me an energy boost and definitely improved my focus. Around 8 or 9, I started to get sleepy, but not the crash I got from my Concerta when I was on it. Today is a different story. I took it around 10am again, and I'm not sure if it's because of the extreme heat we have here, but I just feel really strange. It also could be because I haven't been on any medication in a long time, and that I'm just not used to the "medicated" feeling. Who knows! I'm just going to keep taking it and hope my body gets used to it and the weird feeling goes away.
I hope you start getting some results! Maybe the dosage is just too low for you? Keep me posted!

Old 08-18-10, 03:50 PM

Brandyll1 is on a distinguished road

I just started the 30mg dose this morning. It took an hour to kick in (although dry mouth started within 10 minutes) and then for about 2-3 hours, I felt heart palpitations, sick to my stomach, lack of appetite, and excessive sweating.

Five hours after taking it, I went to exercise (at noon). I felt extremely exhausted and couldn't even do what I normally do. I also feel apathetic/ambivalent to everything. I am not sure why.

I was under the impression that this medicine would actually make me feel more alert, but instead I feel more scattered and depleted than usual.

I called the doctor this morning and he said I may need a lower dosage (20 mg). So, I am off of it tomorrow and then start on a lower dosage on Friday.

Has anyone else had the unexpected symptoms I have had?
Old 08-18-10, 06:15 PM
Contributor

jman05 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyll1 View Post
I just started the 30mg dose this morning. It took an hour to kick in (although dry mouth started within 10 minutes) and then for about 2-3 hours, I felt heart palpitations, sick to my stomach, lack of appetite, and excessive sweating.

Five hours after taking it, I went to exercise (at noon). I felt extremely exhausted and couldn't even do what I normally do. I also feel apathetic/ambivalent to everything. I am not sure why.

I was under the impression that this medicine would actually make me feel more alert, but instead I feel more scattered and depleted than usual.

I called the doctor this morning and he said I may need a lower dosage (20 mg). So, I am off of it tomorrow and then start on a lower dosage on Friday.

Has anyone else had the unexpected symptoms I have had?

I think you need to lower your dosage also. When I take too much thats how I feel.