ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 02-22-18, 03:22 PM
ADDvanced Member

Snoopy10 will become famous soon enough
Re: Coffee - before or after Adderall?

I eat and drink whatever I want �� and don’t notice an effect on Adderall. If I don’t eat anything I feel crappy, that’s for sure.

I agree with Little Missy that maybe there is some over analyzing of this whole thing with when to take the drugs etc.....you’ve been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD right.? As a person who has ADHD Adderall helps me function normally period, not just for certain tasks like work...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snoopy10 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (02-22-18), Lunacie (02-22-18)
Old 02-22-18, 03:54 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,781 Times in 11,685 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy10 View Post
I eat and drink whatever I want �� and donít notice an effect on Adderall. If I donít eat anything I feel crappy, thatís for sure.

I agree with Little Missy that maybe there is some over analyzing of this whole thing with when to take the drugs etc.....youíve been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD right.? As a person who has ADHD Adderall helps me function normally period, not just for certain tasks like work...
Do you take any other prescribed medications?

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 02-23-18, 02:35 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,910 Times in 15,257 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I always take my meds the minute I come downstairs and brew the coffee and have the coffee within 10 minutes of taking my meds. I dont know that I have noticed anything but I have been a coffee person my whole life. I used to be able to drink pots of it, but now after the morning I cant have anymore or it makes me very jittery.

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-18, 05:32 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,910 Times in 15,257 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPTYSKULL View Post
Well the first dose is the strongest and I can't waste 2-3 hours since it's more then half of the time a dose is working. I study right now and need the 8 hours, and since it's IR medication I take it when I get there.
Sure, if I had an unlimited supply of Adderall or Ritalin I wouldn't had mind wasting one dose on the morning routines.
Ever considered an xr/ir combo?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 03-01-18, 12:06 PM

lntense is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPTYSKULL View Post
but isn't lemon acidic? anyway, I will give it a try tomorrow when I take the Adderall, I drink 3 cups of coffee a day and two is the minimum. Thought the morning coffee might be doing something to weaken the Adderall since I'm on 60mg IR (2 X 30) only 3 days ago started and not feeling it enough. Was on 90mg Ritalin and 30mg Ritalin felt so much stronger than 30mg Adderall. Maybe it's because Ritalin isn't effected by food.
going to try the lemon juice to give it a last try, maybe even taking it an hour before coffee just to see if it's interfering with the Adderall.

It's similar to apple cider vinegar in the regard once metabolized it raises the ph in your stomach even though it's acidic. I tend to take ACV or lemon water before bed so when I wake up my ph is more alkaline than it would be had I not.

In the grand scheme of things a couple cups of coffee aren't going to lessen the effects of adderall all that drastically. People over hype it a tad, but there is truth to it.
Old 03-02-18, 02:37 AM

classic4drchevy is on a distinguished road

I used to be Adderall but I now take Ritalin. The only thing that happened to me if I had a caffeinated drink while on my medication was that it made me jittery. It didn't give my brain a boost nor did it give me any energy. When on these medications water is your best friend though sometimes I substitute Gatorade .
Old 03-02-18, 04:01 AM
Committee Member

foreverwarrior has a spectacular aura aboutforeverwarrior has a spectacular aura about

I find coffee to be a great booster for a first dose. For one, good coffee can be good for you. Also its important to remember that low stomach acid is just as bad as high.
Old 03-15-19, 04:09 PM
ADDvanced Member

kolaborator will become famous soon enough

Anyone that is worried about the acidity of their stomach should consider taking calcium carbonate i.e Tums antacids that I personally find quite tasty. They will at the very least negate any effects of any high acid level in stomach on absorption of Adderall.

What people should be way more interested in is whether the effects of caffeine on dopamine and norepinephrine receptors - as mild as they may be by themselves - have a positive or negative influence on the positive effects one hop s to obtain from Adderall.
Old 03-15-19, 04:27 PM
ADDvanced Member

Daniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
The citric acid in lemon juice is converted to alkaline within the body. A good natural remedy for heart burn is lemon, honey and green tea. You could always try green tea as an alternative to coffee, although it only contains about a 3rd of the caffeine content compared to the average cup of coffee. But lemon juice on its own will work fine. But at least stick with it for a few days before judging its overall effect.
My doctor warned me that citric acid will counteract the benefits of the Vyvanse I take. If I drink my coffee and then the water with lemon juice, am I ok there?

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

Breathing is not optional. - Dr. Raymond Wertheim

What do you care what other people think? - Arline Feynman, to her husband, American physicist Richard P. Feynman

D.