ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Inattentive ADD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Inattentive ADD A forum set aside for the the discussion of inattention and inattentive ADD

Old 03-08-19, 12:59 PM
ADDvanced Member

PI-ADHD 29 is on a distinguished road
How much sleep do you need?

I need at least 7-8 hours of sleep. And i feel too drowsy and sleepy especially in early evenings. When i wake up in mornings, i feel as i didn't sleep. I take at least 500 mg (some days 1 g) caffeine daily but still i'm so sleepy.
Do inattentive add people need more sleep than hyper? Is that because of dopamine deficiency or noradrenaline deficiency?
Is there anyone like me? Do you have any suggestion for this problem? Do you know any medicinal or nonmedicinal solution?
Started with ritalin 10 mg (worked only for two weeks)
Then:strattera 80 mg+54 mg concerta +20 mg ritalin (didn't work because of tolerance)
Then:Strattera 80 mg+modiwake(modafinil) 200 mg+brintellix (vortioxetine) 10 mg
Now:wellbutrin 300 mg
For about two years local corticosteroid pomades for atopic dermatitis.
The Following User Says Thank You to PI-ADHD 29 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-08-19)
Old 03-08-19, 02:30 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,891 Times in 7,899 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How much sleep do you need?

Do you toss and turn a lot during the nights? Wake up often? Have nightmares?

Would you be able to get a sleep study done? There might be some sort of medical issue going on that's messing with you that a sleep study would detect.

I've had sleeping issues through my whole life...mainly centered around insomnia.
Being chronically tired sucks.

When I'm not fighting insomnia and things are going smooth...6 or 7 hours is all I need typically.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
PI-ADHD 29 (03-11-19)
Old 03-09-19, 08:02 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PI-ADHD 29 View Post
I need at least 7-8 hours of sleep. And i feel too drowsy and sleepy especially in early evenings. When i wake up in mornings, i feel as i didn't sleep. I take at least 500 mg (some days 1 g) caffeine daily but still i'm so sleepy.
Do inattentive add people need more sleep than hyper? Is that because of dopamine deficiency or noradrenaline deficiency?
Is there anyone like me? Do you have any suggestion for this problem? Do you know any medicinal or nonmedicinal solution?
500mg-1g caffein is way too much
it would harm your kidneys even if you dont have high blood pressure or heart palpitation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
PI-ADHD 29 (03-11-19), psychopathetic (03-09-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-19, 11:32 AM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,807 Times in 7,615 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PI-ADHD 29 View Post
Iíve always had a very difficult time with mornings despite how many hours I sleep. It would take me hours to most of the day to finally feel awake. Sleeping too soundly or more than about 5 hours makes it even worse.

Taking my Adderall 1 hour before I want or need to get up has been a game changer for me. I set an Adderall alarm everyday then go back to sleep for an hour. Iím so groggy and tired it only takes minutes to fall back asleep after taking my Adderall dose. An hour later, I awake much more alert and feel much more rested.

I think it must help me wake during the proper sleep phase. Without it, I feel like Iím getting up during REM phase which takes me so long and so difficult to feel awake.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
PI-ADHD 29 (03-11-19), psychopathetic (03-09-19)
Old 03-09-19, 04:16 PM
ADDvanced Member

Ronelh has disabled reputation

From what I've read, sleep issues are a major problem for most ADDers - insomnia is common. Also circadian rhythm disorders are common, usually Delayed Sleep Phase - meaning the natural rhythm is delayed a few hours, so that the person is wide awake in the evenings and really groggy in the mornings. I'm the opposite of most ADDers, I am more of the Advance Sleep Phase problem - I tend to get sleepy early, like 7-9pm, and wake up super early, like 4-5am. But if you are groggy in the evenings and the mornings, I don't think it would be a circadian rhythm issue. Sounds more like your body isn't resting well enough when you do sleep. Have you been tested for sleep apnea?
20thcenturyfox (03-15-19), Lunacie (03-15-19), namazu (03-11-19), psychopathetic (03-09-19)
Old 03-11-19, 12:22 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Do you toss and turn a lot during the nights? Wake up often? Have nightmares?
Yes i toss, turn a lot too much and sometimes i fall down bed. I also have nightmares.
Then:strattera 80 mg+54 mg concerta +20 mg ritalin (didn't work because of tolerance)
psychopathetic (03-11-19)
Old 03-11-19, 12:44 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
500mg-1g caffein is way too much
it would harm your kidneys even if you dont have high blood pressure or heart palpitation.
I have to take caffeine. If i don't i feel extremely groggy, drowsy physically and mentally. I drink coffee mornings and i can't wait until midday to drink another coffee so I've started to take caffeine pills at about 10 am because i don't have time to drink coffee.
I know it's not recommended to exceed 400 mg caffeine daily but unfortunately I have no other choice. What can i do?
Old 03-11-19, 12:49 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Iíve always had a very difficult time with mornings despite how many hours I sleep. It would take me hours to most of the day to finally feel awake. Sleeping too soundly or more than about 5 hours makes it even worse.

Taking my Adderall 1 hour before I want or need to get up has been a game changer for me. I set an Adderall alarm everyday then go back to sleep for an hour. Iím so groggy and tired it only takes minutes to fall back asleep after taking my Adderall dose. An hour later, I awake much more alert and feel much more rested.

I think it must help me wake during the proper sleep phase. Without it, I feel like Iím getting up during REM phase which takes me so long and so difficult to feel awake.
I never can try adderall because in our country all of amphetamine drugs are prohibited.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PI-ADHD 29 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (03-12-19), psychopathetic (03-11-19)
Old 03-11-19, 01:00 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronelh View Post
From what I've read, sleep issues are a major problem for most ADDers - insomnia is common. Also circadian rhythm disorders are common, usually Delayed Sleep Phase - meaning the natural rhythm is delayed a few hours, so that the person is wide awake in the evenings and really groggy in the mornings. I'm the opposite of most ADDers, I am more of the Advance Sleep Phase problem - I tend to get sleepy early, like 7-9pm, and wake up super early, like 4-5am. But if you are groggy in the evenings and the mornings, I don't think it would be a circadian rhythm issue. Sounds more like your body isn't resting well enough when you do sleep. Have you been tested for sleep apnea?
No I've not been tested for sleep apnea.
Old 03-11-19, 04:31 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,910 Times in 15,257 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

5-6 hours.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-19, 09:41 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,323 Times in 6,032 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like I could sleep 16 hours a day an still be tired
Old 03-12-19, 12:00 AM
Registered

Thanked 17,749 Times in 8,898 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

I need roughly 10 hours a night.

Then I am not functional for about 2 hours after waking up.. I just smoke, drink coffee and mooch around.

I used to have chronic nightmares (multiple, terrifying, every night) before I started taking benzodiazepines at night.

If these medications are available in your country, it may be worth speaking to your physician.

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-12-19)
Old 03-12-19, 12:25 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
I feel like I could sleep 16 hours a day an still be tired
Are you inattentive ?
Old 03-12-19, 05:58 PM
Contributor

userguide is a jewel in the roughuserguide is a jewel in the roughuserguide is a jewel in the rough

If I do sports every day, I may get away with 7,5.

But then sometimes I screw up the dayplan, stay up late, wake up propely, waste the day becase I am tired, and end up sleeping over and the whole system breaks up
Old 03-12-19, 10:45 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,323 Times in 6,032 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure what type of adhd I have if that's what your asking.