ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Old 05-29-10, 10:28 AM

Ferris_mom is on a distinguished road
Re: Proud Moments

We just got Ferris's CRCT scores back this week- he scored excels standard in math and meets standard on everything else! I was so worried that his lack of focus was going to cause him problems on something like this..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ferris_mom For This Useful Post:
Dannywallnuts (05-31-10), Lady Lark (06-02-10), meridian (05-29-10)
Old 05-29-10, 11:29 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,891 Times in 2,968 Posts
meridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a parent . . . but this is a beautiful thread!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“Would you deny for others what you demand for yourself?” – U2

“The future ain't what it used to be.” – Yogi
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meridian For This Useful Post:
Dannywallnuts (05-31-10), Lady Lark (06-02-10), Rebelyell (09-17-10)
Old 06-01-10, 06:34 PM
ADDvanced Member

MyGuysMom is a jewel in the roughMyGuysMom is a jewel in the roughMyGuysMom is a jewel in the rough

Today an ice cream truck came to school and each student could have one free ice cream. My son did not take any because his best friend cannot have ice cream (due to "acid reflex" as my son calls it) and he didn't want his friend to be the only one without ice cream. His sister would have said, "gee, can I have yours?" LOL
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MyGuysMom For This Useful Post:
bunkie68 (09-18-10), CrazyLazyGal (08-21-10), Lady Lark (06-02-10)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-10, 08:00 AM
ADDvanced Member

MyGuysMom is a jewel in the roughMyGuysMom is a jewel in the roughMyGuysMom is a jewel in the rough

On Saturday we were at the gym where my son is now working with a personal trainer to help with some of his motor issues. Toward the end of his session, a teenage boy came in with his dad. The boy had some cognitive challenges, although what exactly I don't know. He zeroed in on James as new, and was all over him, in a friendly way, peppering him with questions - his name, date of birth, etc. He was loud and hard to understand. I was so proud of my guy, who stepped right up, shook his hand and answered all his questions. My daughter too responded well. When the young man took out his cell phone with videos, they both gathered round. I told them later that I was proud of them - not all kids, or even adults, know how to respond.

Yesterday my son got up at 6:15, attended writing tutoring at 7:30-8:30, went to karate camp for the day, and then to typing tutoring at 5:30-6:30. He was a super good sport. Also, when I picked him up from camp after care, the woman running it told me he was the best-behaved child there, so polite.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyGuysMom For This Useful Post:
bunkie68 (09-18-10), Lady Lark (06-21-10)
Old 06-15-10, 08:04 AM

Thanked 3,266 Times in 1,840 Posts
doiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond repute

He has fallen in love with mummy...he is chatting away,laughing and giggling.

Place him into the 20 shopping bags,he was content in his enormous world
Lady Lark (06-21-10)
Old 06-19-10, 12:28 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

OnlyMe is a splendid one to beholdOnlyMe is a splendid one to beholdOnlyMe is a splendid one to beholdOnlyMe is a splendid one to beholdOnlyMe is a splendid one to beholdOnlyMe is a splendid one to beholdOnlyMe is a splendid one to beholdOnlyMe is a splendid one to behold

My girl was top in her grade level in our school district in both Wordmasters and Continental Math for the year. And she only had three "think times" this year too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OnlyMe For This Useful Post:
Lady Lark (06-21-10), MyGuysMom (06-19-10)
Old 08-06-10, 12:38 AM

Raccoon_1 has a spectacular aura aboutRaccoon_1 has a spectacular aura about

He was a brave guy today with his immunizations. He even said "Needles scare me. But I will try to sit still."

He squirmed, and complained, but he tried!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Raccoon_1 For This Useful Post:
bunkie68 (09-14-10), Imnapl (08-31-10), Lady Lark (08-06-10), OnlyMe (08-06-10)
Old 08-06-10, 12:06 PM

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,808 Posts
Lady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond repute

We met the teachers last night, and he actually said hello, goodbye, and made sort of eye contact. One of them even got part of a conversation out of him!

I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lady Lark For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (08-06-10), bunkie68 (09-14-10), Imnapl (08-31-10), OnlyMe (08-06-10)
Old 08-31-10, 04:51 PM

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,808 Posts
Lady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond repute

So apparently this kid decided to..I don't know, have fun? and was sticking his leg out trying to block or trip Steven in the cafeteria. When Steven decided to go around the other way the kid stuck his other leg out. At some point it got to pushing and that's when the teacher noticed and stepped it.

Steven kept his cool, and didn't do anything at all. No yelling, hitting, etc. The counselor had come in at the end of things and said that Steven was calm and shrugged the whole thing off.

Considering that four months ago he would have popped the kid on, and called it well deserved this is amazing! Super proud of my kiddo.

I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lady Lark For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (09-14-10), bunkie68 (09-17-10), Imnapl (08-31-10), MyGuysMom (09-01-10), Sam I Am (09-01-10)
Old 09-01-10, 03:12 PM

I'm proud of Ferris for remembering to put his homework in his backpack and bring it home!

Grateful for both of my boys...I wouldn't know what to do without them!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ferris_mom For This Useful Post:
bunkie68 (09-17-10), Lady Lark (09-02-10)
Old 09-13-10, 07:48 PM

Another proud moment- I don't know if Ferris had a "maturity growth spurt" over the summer or what, but we have had very little argument about getting homework done since school started! And I haven't had to sit with him for it to get done, either! Also, mornings have been better as well, not as much drama there as we had last year...(hope I haven't jinxed it LOL)

Grateful for both of my boys...I wouldn't know what to do without them!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ferris_mom For This Useful Post:
bunkie68 (09-17-10), Lady Lark (09-13-10)
Old 09-14-10, 04:15 PM
ADDvanced Member

bunkie68 is a jewel in the roughbunkie68 is a jewel in the roughbunkie68 is a jewel in the rough

Julian brought home some school work last night that needed to be corrected. He whined and complained that he didn't want to do it, he was tired. But he managed to persevere and get all sixteen problems corrected and done correctly! I was so proud of him, and we told him he should be proud of himself for getting that done even when it was difficult to do so and he really didn't want to.
ADHDTigger (09-14-10), Lady Lark (09-15-10)
Old 09-17-10, 03:13 PM
ADDvanced Member

bunkie68 is a jewel in the roughbunkie68 is a jewel in the roughbunkie68 is a jewel in the rough

On Wednesday Julian had a rough day at school. Couldn't be still, didn't pay attention, didn't do his work, drew pictures when he should have been doing a reading assignment. Yesterday I got an e-mail from his teacher saying he was having a really good day, that he'd buckled down and was getting a lot done. I love e-mails like that!
Lady Lark (09-17-10)
Old 09-17-10, 08:25 PM

Raccoon_1 has a spectacular aura aboutRaccoon_1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkie68 View Post
On Wednesday Julian had a rough day at school. Couldn't be still, didn't pay attention, didn't do his work, drew pictures when he should have been doing a reading assignment. Yesterday I got an e-mail from his teacher saying he was having a really good day, that he'd buckled down and was getting a lot done. I love e-mails like that!
Spirit had a rough day on thursday, too. Pretty much the same thing... But today was a good day for him. He coloured a picture of a school bus and did a good job of it!

Stepmom to two girls, ages 6 and 11

Slightly crazy

Loving life

Ambyr
The Following User Says Thank You to Raccoon_1 For This Useful Post:
Lady Lark (09-17-10)
Old 09-20-10, 11:38 AM
ADDvanced Member

Last night Julian helped clear the table before dinner without fussing or screaming and without having to be asked more than once. He also helped clear the table after dinner without a fuss. Awesomeness! We always tell him what a big help he is when he does something like that, in hopes of encouraging more of that good behavior.
ADHDTigger (09-20-10), Lady Lark (09-20-10)