ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

View Poll Results: Would you care to read/accept a no-pic user of a dating site ?
Yes, the picture is not critical in the beginning 3 27.27%
No, absolutely not 8 72.73%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-17, 04:32 AM
ADDvanced Member

userguide has a spectacular aura aboutuserguide has a spectacular aura about
Does a dating profile without a picture have any chance ?

Do you read /accept/ invite/ etc profiles with no picture when you are on dating sites ?

Is a no-picture profile better than one with unattractive picture ?
Old 07-14-17, 05:43 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 19,312 Times in 10,265 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does a dating profile without a picture have any chance ?

What do you think?

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
userguide (07-14-17)
Old 07-14-17, 07:31 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,285 Times in 13,271 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should have some sort of picture. Not for looks but something.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
userguide (07-14-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-17, 08:44 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,037 Times in 11,672 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I personally would prefer to see a picture of someone just so I knew who I was talking to.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
userguide (07-14-17)
Old 07-14-17, 02:23 PM

MyNameIsDima is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
I personally would prefer to see a picture of someone just so I knew who I was talking to.
like him- i prefer to see that person that i talking too.
The Following User Says Thank You to MyNameIsDima For This Useful Post:
userguide (07-14-17)
Old 07-14-17, 02:57 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 12,619 Times in 5,595 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve got an account on OKCupid, but it is there so I can take their funny tests.

I have a picture on my profile, but no text at all. Though I have answered thousands of their questions.

I’m not looking, and I never answer anything, because I am well and true to my one and only.

It is going to require or only interest someone quite special if you only have text and no picture.

That said, if you want someone who can and is willing to read, and if you are decently literate writer, you might attract someone who loves English (or whatever your native tongue is).

In this world, in the current day and age, that is about .000000001% of the population.

Whatever...in the end, be true to who you are, even if that means taking the longer road, the steeper grade, the less-traveled way.

Because if you are not true to yourself, you will never find the partner(s) who are right for you.

Best Wishes,
Ian
userguide (07-14-17)
Old 07-30-17, 12:30 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,360 Times in 751 Posts
finallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant future

When I was on eHarmony years ago I think that I talked to people who didn't have pics.
In general, if their profile was interesting with good grammar and spelling, I would contact them.
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

The Following User Says Thank You to finallyfound10 For This Useful Post:
userguide (07-30-17)
Old 07-30-17, 06:21 PM
ADDvanced Member

Emre22 is a jewel in the roughEmre22 is a jewel in the roughEmre22 is a jewel in the rough

Looking is very important, especially important than anything for me

So no pics could mean no date to me
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
userguide (07-30-17)
Old 07-30-17, 08:51 PM
Contributor

WheresMyMind is a name known to allWheresMyMind is a name known to allWheresMyMind is a name known to allWheresMyMind is a name known to allWheresMyMind is a name known to allWheresMyMind is a name known to allWheresMyMind is a name known to all

I have found that meeting people IRL is a whole lot better.

On a dating site, I have to wonder if the photo is recent (if I care about looks), I have to care about whether they have carefully honed their answers, whether they're attempting to present "who they want to be" instead of who they really are, etc.

IRL, I get to see them in action. Saves LOTS of emails/texts and those first few dates trying to see the bits in them that were in the profile, but not IRL.

WMM
The Following User Says Thank You to WheresMyMind For This Useful Post:
userguide (07-30-17)
Old 08-10-17, 07:11 PM
Contributor

demfabbones is a name known to alldemfabbones is a name known to alldemfabbones is a name known to alldemfabbones is a name known to alldemfabbones is a name known to alldemfabbones is a name known to alldemfabbones is a name known to all

To me, no picture means you have something to hide. Confidence is far more attractive than any physical trait, and no picture at worst means you are hiding because you have a secret (like you're married, cheating on someone, lying about who you are, etc.) and at best means you aren't confident.

If you aren't feeling confident, just fake it and post that pic!

The Following User Says Thank You to demfabbones For This Useful Post:
userguide (08-26-17)