ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Children's Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Children's Diagnosis & Treatment This forums is for parents to discuss issues related to diagnosis and treament of children with AD/HD

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-17, 02:51 PM
Jr Member

andiemarie is on a distinguished road
Medication questions

Hello,

I am new to this forum. My 5 (almost 6) year old son was diagnosed about 6 months ago. We have been doing therapy and also started him on biphentin started low dose, now up to 20mg. It seemed to be helping at first, but with the side effects of not eating much and hard time to fall asleep..

We are finding lately that it actually isn't really helping, he's still been very defiant at school (hitting, not listening to his teacher, distracted etc) and then when the meds wear off, he is very emotional and just a mess..

I took him off the meds as he eats, sleeps and is easier to deal with in general. I plan on taking him into the Ped to discuss trying a different dose or medication, as Im thinking that 20mg may be too much for him.

Does anyone have any advice for younger kids and medications?

Thank you, and very grateful to have stumbled upon this message board.
The Following User Says Thank You to andiemarie For This Useful Post:
namazu (10-05-17)