ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-17, 08:40 PM

Thanked 31,680 Times in 14,249 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
parenting with mental illness

this is a topic of much concern to me of late. i can tell that e knows something is wrong with me right now. even though it's not the worst things that can be wrong with me, she knows.

she keeps climbing up on me and holding my face and giving me kisses. more than usual. and ...there are other things, but it breaks my heart to experience them knowing she's aware that there's something different about me right now. it's amazing that with my affect being so flat i can still feel her.

i've been relying a lot on a few resources. there's a book my therapist gave me and i've read over some websites. so thought i'd share.

https://www.pa-fsa.org/Portals/0/Doc...al_Illness.pdf

http://www.copmi.net.au/parents/help...mental-illness

provided i get through this, the second one has a neat thing about how to best cope when children are babies, toddlers, preschoolers, etc.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-11-17), Fortune (11-12-17), Little Missy (11-11-17), midnightstar (11-11-17), mildadhd (11-12-17), namazu (11-11-17), stef (11-12-17), Unmanagable (11-11-17), WhiteOwl (11-11-17)