ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Old 11-11-17, 08:40 PM

Thanked 31,816 Times in 14,336 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
parenting with mental illness

this is a topic of much concern to me of late. i can tell that e knows something is wrong with me right now. even though it's not the worst things that can be wrong with me, she knows.

she keeps climbing up on me and holding my face and giving me kisses. more than usual. and ...there are other things, but it breaks my heart to experience them knowing she's aware that there's something different about me right now. it's amazing that with my affect being so flat i can still feel her.

i've been relying a lot on a few resources. there's a book my therapist gave me and i've read over some websites. so thought i'd share.

https://www.pa-fsa.org/Portals/0/Doc...al_Illness.pdf

http://www.copmi.net.au/parents/help...mental-illness

provided i get through this, the second one has a neat thing about how to best cope when children are babies, toddlers, preschoolers, etc.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-11-17), Fortune (11-12-17), Little Missy (11-11-17), midnightstar (11-11-17), mildadhd (11-12-17), namazu (11-11-17), stef (11-12-17), Unmanagable (11-11-17), WhiteOwl (11-11-17)
Old 11-12-17, 06:21 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,276 Times in 13,265 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: parenting with mental illness

The guilt over what I missed due to mental illness is immense for me sometimes. The 'episodes' ive had and the tears and lack of attention I have had when my kids needed me are painful to think about. I try not to blame myself but I did miss out on things when they were younger. Something Ive learned to make my mantra to avoid regret is to say :" that was then, this is now." I can only move forward.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-12-17), Little Missy (11-12-17), midnightstar (11-12-17), namazu (11-12-17), stef (11-12-17)
Old 11-12-17, 03:29 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 19,989 Times in 11,638 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to say that I think you're being a wonderful mum, peri
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (11-14-17), stef (11-12-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-17, 04:51 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,900 Times in 7,983 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps the lil one is seeking reassurance and comforts you. I know you to be thoughtful and resourceful. I'm glad your daughter inspires all the wonderful loving feelings . I wish I had more.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-12-17), Little Missy (11-12-17), peripatetic (11-14-17)
Old 11-12-17, 05:02 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 12,595 Times in 5,585 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

ginniebean!

Well Chuffed,
Ian