ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Eating Disorders/Weight Issues/Body Image
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-17, 07:40 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,402 Times in 12,706 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Overcoming my sugar addiction

It's really bad now. I've put on so much weight I'm constantly feeling unwell. My legs and feet are aching non stop. When i wake up in the middle of the night I
Struggle to walk.

Im still not able to get much sleep so I need to find different energy sources...not sugar.

I also have no opportunity to exercise apart from walking and doing a few exercises on the floor with fuzzling.

So I want to cut out sugar. The more sugar I eat the more I crave it. It doesn't help that my family always keeps chocolates biscuits pastries and cakes at home. I just to need to find a way to resist it.

And I have to drink more water. Much more water. I feel sod dehydrated but I dont feel like drinking anything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-28-17), Luvmybully (10-10-17)
Old 09-28-17, 09:40 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,555 Times in 8,796 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation
Re: Overcoming my sugar addiction

I found it incredibly helpful to communicate to my family how important it was for my well-being to keep that s*** out of the house. They're hooked too, they just aren't trying to get unhooked like you are. I compared it to me trying to give up crack, but having to wake up in and come home to a crack house every day. Environment is a huge influence, no matter how strong you might think you can be.

It was an uncomfortable struggle, as is everything that's been truly beneficial and healing, but without that level of added support, I don't think I would have been able to stick with it as long as I have. I am a hardcore food addict and MUST keep my drugs of choice out of my living quarters....period.

My husband will readily buy and stock anything I request, too, so if I'm ever counting on him to say, "Baby, that might not be a good idea."....it isn't going to happen because he thinks getting me what I ask for IS making me happy....without seeing how miserable I'll be down the road in my asking and in his getting it for me. I have to stay on top of my own addiction to better help others help me, if that makes sense.

A motto that also helps me during the day is "drink your food, chew your water". It reminds me that our food can also be quite hydrating, such as fresh fruits, greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, herbal infusions, etc....while also reminding me that chewing our solid food really well until it's in liquid form is equally as important in the digestive process. Many people think I'm nuts when I say I chew my liquids, or when I say I chew each bite of solid foods at least 30 times before swallowing, but my digestive enzymes seem to really dig it, and they seem to be much wiser than us humans. lol

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following User Says Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (10-06-17)
Old 09-28-17, 10:18 AM

Thanked 12,138 Times in 5,387 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
My legs and feet are aching non stop.

The more sugar I eat the more I crave it.

And I have to drink more water. Much more water. I feel sod dehydrated but I dont feel like drinking anything.
Please see your GP and get tested for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus/Metabolic Syndrome at once.

If you have renal insufficiency, you could be at greatly increased risk of a heart attack or stroke.

Do not wait to do this.

Well Wishes,
Ian
Fuzzy12 (10-06-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-17, 06:13 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

So its been going horribly. I'm still bingeing on sweets. I think this thread should go on the addictions board. I don't know how to stop.

I jeed to do something drastic. Something tjat will make me stop. For now I just want to quit stuff with added sugar but I dont know how. It's insane but I just cant do it.

My dad has stopped keeping his chocolates in the kitchen so that helps but my mom keeps buying sweet stuff for all of us. There is no point talking to hwr. She doesn't take in anything these days.
Old 10-06-17, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
Please see your GP and get tested for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus/Metabolic Syndrome at once.

If you have renal insufficiency, you could be at greatly increased risk of a heart attack or stroke.

Do not wait to do this.

Well Wishes,
Ian
Did I say anytjing that makes you think I nigjt have renal insufficiency e.g. is feeling dehydrated a symptom?
Old 10-06-17, 06:38 PM

Thanked 5,237 Times in 2,566 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Quit cold turkey. The cravings and withdrawal will pass within 4 days.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-06-17), Fuzzy12 (10-07-17), Little Missy (10-06-17)
Old 10-07-17, 06:19 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,922 Times in 13,087 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Fuzzy like alcohol is for me...it cant be in my house, my family knows I can have it, its never offered to me and I control my own boundaries and If I am out somewhere where others are drinking and it overcomes me, I reserve the right to take a quick walk or stroll around to clear my nasal passages,

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (10-07-17)
Old 10-07-17, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
Quit cold turkey. The cravings and withdrawal will pass within 4 days.
Ok thanks. That's something to hold on to.
Old 10-07-17, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Fuzzy like alcohol is for me...it cant be in my house, my family knows I can have it, its never offered to me and I control my own boundaries and If I am out somewhere where others are drinking and it overcomes me, I reserve the right to take a quick walk or stroll around to clear my nasal passages,
Too difficult to enforce though you are totally right. It would make it a bit easier. I also buy chocolate bars when I go shopping though and I always prder dessert so it's not just the junk we have at home. Going out for lunch today so that will be a test of will.

Old 10-10-17, 07:06 PM

So I've managed 2 sugar free days and it wasn't easy. I've noticed that I crave something sweet when I'm

1.tired
2.frustrated

I'm always tired and I'm frustrated a lot. Several times a day.

Im still pigging out. Just not on sweets. I'm guessing that's an improvement but I'm too tired to think clearly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
stef (10-10-17)
Old 10-10-17, 08:15 PM

Thanked 4,187 Times in 1,555 Posts
Luvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond repute

Sugar for me is darn near impossible to resist. I understand your struggle!