ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 04-20-04, 06:17 PM

thefloyd is on a distinguished road
No Side effects

I was taking 300 mg of imprimine the maximum dose. No side effects what so ever. Did not really help all that much was fired from my job. Started taking Adderall in addition to imprimine. Started at 20 then moved to 30. WOW what a difference. 30 produced side effects for 2 weeks then they all went away. So did the effectiveness of 30mg. Reduced Imprimine down to 250 increased Adderall to 40. I have had no side effects what so ever after the increase. Adderall is working but still have appetite, no insomnia..... NOTHIN. My anxiety has increased but going back to the doctor for that. What does it mean when I take the maximum dose of Imprimine then take a high dose of Adderall with High dose of Imprimine ( my doctor says the combination of the imprimine and addrall is a lot to be taking together) but zero side effects. I mean zero. Should I keep increasing the dose of Adderall and reduce the imprimine dose? I am not surprised by the Anxiety since I decreased the amount of Imprimine I should be able to take care of that. I have read a lot of these forums and never read about someone NOT having side effects. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 04-20-04, 07:14 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Gregster has a spectacular aura aboutGregster has a spectacular aura about
Not everyone has side effects and the dosage effectiveness will vary too - by person, by weight, etc. Perception is also part of it - what seems a small inconsequential side effect for one person might drive another person crazy. Count yourself lucky you don't have side effects - the drug is still effective for ADHD, even without side effects (don't think that you have to increase the dose til you can FEEL it working!)
Adderal can also increase anxiety, so it might not be only the reduced dose of imiprimine that's causing anxiety.
Take things slow and take your Dr's advise - he has your best interest in mind and he knows all about your medical history, etc.
Good luck,
Greg
Old 04-20-04, 08:17 PM

thefloyd is on a distinguished road
Oh yeah I have been takin it slow. Goin for 4 years and finally found something that workks I don't do anything unless the doctor tells me. Did not mean to paint that picture that I was increasing dose on my own. What does it mean when one does not have side effects? Does it mean anything? Also, I have read that weight has nothing to do with dose at several different sites. Are you sure weight Matters? I am 6'2" and 230 so if it does matter then my weight could be the issue.
Sponsored Links