ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 04-19-11, 12:46 AM
ADDvanced Member

ADDspacecadet has a spectacular aura aboutADDspacecadet has a spectacular aura about
Small med dosage?

Does anyone find an unusually low dosage of meds effective for them? Just wondering because I think that could be the case for me. I'm ADHD-PI if that matters.
Old 04-19-11, 01:25 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 7,909 Times in 4,072 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Small med dosage?

Yes I find 5mg of Ritalin to be the best for me. A higher dose will give me complications such as appetite suppression and shakiness. Being somewhat hypoglycemic I need to eat regularly.

I take the weekend off so I don't need to increase the dose and it works fine for me. My Mondays are a bit slow though because adjusting to the med again takes a bit of time.