ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 01-12-21, 09:32 PM

Awakened2021 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Best diet? Adderall ODOR ISSUE And digestion

Hi I am returning on Adderall after not taking it for years. One of the reasons why I stopped was because it would give me all sorts of BO be it sour, ammonia, poo, or straight up rancid. Iíve been on it while on a Keto diet as I usually am for a week and OMG my URINE has never smelled this CRAZY. I could knock someone out with this! This is just embarrassing! The stench seems to linger hard in the toilet and shower. I know next thing will be B.O. if I donít flush this out fast enough. I will say two days ago I didnít eat much but made up for it at night. I then drank lots and lots water and ate more moving forward. I took a day off and ate well and then the next day took Adderall had breakfast, several hours I was Nauseous from trying to eat or drink anything.

I have looked up so many possible things:
-Ammonia-acidosis
-Sulfur /sulfate in the med causing BO
-PH imbalance due to Adderall (no info)
-Gut bacteria die off/ bad bacteria growth
-Unreabsorbed bile

-Keto And Adderall (this seems to be a big trigger because if you are already practicing ketogenesis thatís only a hair away from acidosis, someone who had been on Adderall reported going on Keto made his urine strong and BO like urine.)

Today I took the day off of Adderall and ate a as many carbs as possible (to stop any acidosis), half way through the day the rancid smell in my urine and is still there. There is nothing I can compare it to. This is never a problem when not on Adderall.

Has anyone had an issue with Adderall, super strong urine odor, body odor, or digestive problems and figured this out? Iím going to try a smaller dose and higher carbs for the next week and see if it helps if not then Iím going to have to get off of this again and try something else. Which is sad because it helps me focus so well on work and get things done. But itís bad because now Iím sitting for hours trying to research how to get this rancid smell out of my bathroom and how to stop producing this smell instead of doing the things I NEED to be doing. All suggestions and insights appreciated.
Old 01-13-21, 03:27 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,459 Times in 15,510 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best diet? Adderall ODOR ISSUE And digestion

My first question is do you think the BO is related to excessive sweating or do you not sweat at all? I have sweating issues anyway and they have been worse with adderall. I started using drysol (an rx) but I need to get consistent with it. I do not smell at all though/ Regarding the odorous urine: I believe you need to have some good bloodwork and a visit with your PCP and make sure your kidneys are ok. Generally strong urine odor can be associated with kidney function. I know keto works and its very popular now but scientifically speaking it is extremely hard on your kidneys. It is also hard to stay hydrated on adderall. You need to drink three times as much water as you think you need. If your hydration isnt good it causes urine to sort get "thicker" darker and have more particulate matter in it and that can also lead to uti's.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 01-13-21, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
My first question is do you think the BO is related to excessive sweating or do you not sweat at all? I have sweating issues anyway and they have been worse with adderall. I started using drysol (an rx) but I need to get consistent with it. I do not smell at all though/ Regarding the odorous urine: I believe you need to have some good bloodwork and a visit with your PCP and make sure your kidneys are ok. Generally strong urine odor can be associated with kidney function. I know keto works and its very popular now but scientifically speaking it is extremely hard on your kidneys. It is also hard to stay hydrated on adderall. You need to drink three times as much water as you think you need. If your hydration isnt good it causes urine to sort get "thicker" darker and have more particulate matter in it and that can also lead to uti's.
Iím not sweating. This is my second day off adderall completely and I opened my restroom after peeing to air it out (thereís no window in the restroom only a crappy air vent) and itís a gross acrid, sharp smell... And I can taste it. Literally I can taste the scent. It accumulates. I remember once I was around some people along time ago and the smell go to them and they started spitting. :0. My urine was really dark even though I was chugging water and gaterade yesterday.

Itís been several years since I was on Adderall (generic Iím on activis now and Sandoz last time had the same issue) so I donít have these issues when not on it. I ordered some chlorophyll but I may have to ask to switch meds if this is what I have to deal with.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-21, 07:50 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 22,115 Times in 11,155 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened2021 View Post
Iím not sweating. This is my second day off adderall completely and I opened my restroom after peeing to air it out (thereís no window in the restroom only a crappy air vent) and itís a gross acrid, sharp smell... And I can taste it. Literally I can taste the scent. It accumulates. I remember once I was around some people along time ago and the smell go to them and they started spitting. :0. My urine was really dark even though I was chugging water and gaterade yesterday.
I don't have experience with meds causing urine odor, but I wanted to mention that very dark urine (like, tea-colored) can be an indication of liver problems. If your urine is that dark, I would suggest getting an urgent appointment with your pdoc or primary care provider.

Best wishes as you seek to resolve this issue!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
20thcenturyfox (01-14-21), sarahsweets (01-14-21)
Old 01-13-21, 11:33 PM

Thanks. It was only dark this morning During the first ďvisitĒ to the restroom but still not normal. I also read bile in urine can make it really dark (when you donít eat enough). Iíve been on adderall generic for about a week before deciding to take a break. I definitely feel it is effecting my liver negatively though in addition to my digestive system. Either I need a much smaller dose or another med entirely. Ending my second day no adderall. I donít have these problems when Unmedicated.

After cleaning today I found bleach killed 95% of the smell the best which points to sulfur more than high ammonia levels though ammonia was probably apart of the funk at first a few days ago. Chlorine cancels out sulfur. Bleach was not doing anything a few days ago so at least Iím not in acidosis/ muscle breakdown otherwise bleach would have made the smell worst.