ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-21, 06:11 AM
ADDvanced Member

PI-ADHD 29 is on a distinguished road
Brain Hypermetropia

As you know in hypermetropia distant objects are seen clearly but near objects appear blurred. I think in a different way from others. Most times i can't think simply but think too deeply. I can't notice things (i mean intangible things like ideas, not physical things) that could be imagined easily. And i notice things people never think about.
I have a good ability of empathizing. I behave by taking into account very next move not the next move mostly. I assume people of course can consider the next move, so i pass to next of the next move. But they can't understand what i think and what's my intention. That makes me disappointed and also people misunderstand me frequently. They sometimes think me as if i'm stupid or what's worse is that they consider me as ill-intentione.
Is that familiar to you? Is there anyone like me? Is there a better word or term to describe this?
Sorry for English mistakes, please feel free to warn me.
Started with ritalin (worked only for two weeks)
Also tried wellbutrin and strattera
Now: ritalin and medikinet
For about three years local corticosteroid pomades for atopic dermatitis.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PI-ADHD 29 For This Useful Post:
20thcenturyfox (01-03-21), Greyhound1 (01-02-21)
Old 01-02-21, 01:53 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 17,553 Times in 8,247 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brain Hypermetropia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PI-ADHD 29 View Post
As you know in hypermetropia distant objects are seen clearly but near objects appear blurred. I think in a different way from others. Most times i can't think simply but think too deeply. I can't notice things (i mean intangible things like ideas, not physical things) that could be imagined easily. And i notice things people never think about.
I have a good ability of empathizing. I behave by taking into account very next move not the next move mostly. I assume people of course can consider the next move, so i pass to next of the next move. But they can't understand what i think and what's my intention. That makes me disappointed and also people misunderstand me frequently. They sometimes think me as if i'm stupid or what's worse is that they consider me as ill-intentione.
Is that familiar to you? Is there anyone like me? Is there a better word or term to describe this?
Sorry for English mistakes, please feel free to warn me.
Sounds very familiar to me. I usually call it overthinking, anxiety or mind racing. Sometimes it’s all 3 simultaneously. I’m not sure how it applies to being far sighted (hypermetropia). I’m very nearsighted (myopia).

I’m frequently misunderstood which only exacerbates my mind racing, anxiety and leaves me frustrated which causes more overthinking! It can easily become a self-perpetuating loop.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
20thcenturyfox (01-03-21), PI-ADHD 29 (01-02-21)
Old 01-03-21, 10:46 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,550 Times in 2,281 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
Re: Brain Hypermetropia

Yep.

A coworker of mine who also has adhd told me she couldn't understand my instructions to her. She told me i would jump ahead to another topic as my mind d had already moved on. I was surprised I didn't realize I did that. When she pointed it out to me, I slowed down my explanation taking breaks between steps and doing the steps with her as an example. When I was physically doing the steps, I couldn't jump ahead.

Another time, i told my sister I'm often skipping words write paragraphs. I told her my mind must think slow or something. She said she thought it was the opposite. That my mind thought too fast for my body/fingers to keep up and so skipped words to compensate. I have no idea if that is true or not but I liked the thought lol. I do jump from thought to thought.

I had a boss that was furious at me for sending out emails that missed words. He would double check every email I sent out for a short time and always got more mad cause him reading over my words just made me nervous and mess up more. I ended up telling this is not working. I'm making more mistakes cause he was making me nervous and that he didn't have the time to double check all my emails. The office assistants double check every official product anyway and o would specifically tell them my weakness so they look for skipped words when they formated the documents. I also said not a single person had ever complained about the casual emails but him. He was a type A personality that never liked me. But he did backoff after that though I'm sure he was still mad and me telling hi. All this didn't help though it helped me.

I did though start back reading every written correspondence I sent out after that.

Last edited by acdc01; 01-03-21 at 10:57 PM..
Sponsored Links