ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-21, 09:12 AM

Turbobull is on a distinguished road
I feel like Iím drowning

I recently moved to a new city, new state back last April. My job promised me good commissions, a mentor, training program up in VA. I was supposed to be in an office with my coworkers and even do ride alongs to clients. It was supposed to be great. Then COVID hit and Thankfully Iíve had my in laws and wife to keep my company but we moved into our own place and. Iíve been going downhill. Iíve been doing Keto, eating right, reading, keeping myself motivated but Iím still not 100%. The stress of the pandemic has finally caught up with me.

Iíve realized Iím the only employee stuck at home, I donít have a routine, Iím left to sell paper and not actual products like I was supposed to. My insurance doesnít cover my meds. Iím starting to loose it and I feel like Iím drowning in my adhd. Iím left to fend for myself in surrounded by the four walls of my own home with no friends no family, I donít even go to an office, plus I donít make any commissions. If only I could get my meds I would have to ability to ease my symptoms and focus on doing better at my job. Yes I did get a state card for help and coupons, still expensive and we canít afford it. My meds would still be more expensive than the payment on my new car, thatís how expensive big pharmacy is charging.

With no routine, no friends to talk to, no family surrounding me for support, no motivation to even sell because why?..not like Iím making commissions. Iím just surrounded by my vices. Iíve become a mess. My wife will tells me something and five minutes later I forget what she told me.Iíve just been laying in bed no motivation. If only I had my adhd meds. My symptoms could be relieved, and Iíd have that drive to get through this.

So letís be real here. What are my options. Can I call Aetna to see if I can jump off my employers insurance? Option B: I could go back into teaching, at least I would get out. Probably be able to afford my meds, and get back the ability to better myself. If I stay here Iíll drown. I need my meds in order to quit my vices and have that drive to succeed. Only ADHDers understand. Iíve focus for the last nine months on staying strong, pushing forward, no meds, diet etc, but even with that my adhd is so bad, itís just not enough.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Turbobull For This Useful Post:
20thcenturyfox (01-09-21), CasioCurious (01-10-21), Greyhound1 (01-09-21), Lunacie (01-09-21), PoppnNSailinMan (01-10-21), stef (01-09-21)
Old 01-09-21, 01:20 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,550 Times in 2,281 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
Re: I feel like Iím drowning

I think there are some super cheap adhd mods. Did the cheaper ones not work for you? I see Ritalin 60 pills for $14.

Yeah this pandemic has been tough. Hopefully it'll only be just s few more months for widespreadvaccine. Hope you can hang in there.
Old 01-09-21, 08:24 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,459 Times in 15,510 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried good rx and a slightly different med? They have an app. I take adderall xr that is covered by my plan and on good rx is super expensive but Ive seen a lot of the ir ones are much cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbobull View Post
I recently moved to a new city, new state back last April. My job promised me good commissions, a mentor, training program up in VA. I was supposed to be in an office with my coworkers and even do ride alongs to clients. It was supposed to be great. Then COVID hit and Thankfully Iíve had my in laws and wife to keep my company but we moved into our own place and. Iíve been going downhill. Iíve been doing Keto, eating right, reading, keeping myself motivated but Iím still not 100%. The stress of the pandemic has finally caught up with me.

Iíve realized Iím the only employee stuck at home, I donít have a routine, Iím left to sell paper and not actual products like I was supposed to. My insurance doesnít cover my meds. Iím starting to loose it and I feel like Iím drowning in my adhd. Iím left to fend for myself in surrounded by the four walls of my own home with no friends no family, I donít even go to an office, plus I donít make any commissions. If only I could get my meds I would have to ability to ease my symptoms and focus on doing better at my job. Yes I did get a state card for help and coupons, still expensive and we canít afford it. My meds would still be more expensive than the payment on my new car, thatís how expensive big pharmacy is charging.

With no routine, no friends to talk to, no family surrounding me for support, no motivation to even sell because why?..not like Iím making commissions. Iím just surrounded by my vices. Iíve become a mess. My wife will tells me something and five minutes later I forget what she told me.Iíve just been laying in bed no motivation. If only I had my adhd meds. My symptoms could be relieved, and Iíd have that drive to get through this.

So letís be real here. What are my options. Can I call Aetna to see if I can jump off my employers insurance? Option B: I could go back into teaching, at least I would get out. Probably be able to afford my meds, and get back the ability to better myself. If I stay here Iíll drown. I need my meds in order to quit my vices and have that drive to succeed. Only ADHDers understand. Iíve focus for the last nine months on staying strong, pushing forward, no meds, diet etc, but even with that my adhd is so bad, itís just not enough.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
CasioCurious (01-10-21)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-21, 01:04 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 17,553 Times in 8,247 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Have you tried good rx and a slightly different med? They have an app. I take adderall xr that is covered by my plan and on good rx is super expensive but Ive seen a lot of the ir ones are much cheaper.
Welcome the the forum Turbobull,

I agree with sarah about checking out GoodRx. I was without insurance for a while and it saved me a ton. My adderall IR was about the same price on GoodRx as my co-pay with insurance. Iím prescribed 20 mg twice a day and it was about $32 on GoodRx. My co-pay was $30 with insurance.

Just know youíre not alone! The pandemic has taken itís toll on many of us and our mental health. Check out this link and best wishes.
https://www.goodrx.com/go/homepage-l...664b3f8db0c5a0
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
CasioCurious (01-10-21), PoppnNSailinMan (01-10-21)
Old 01-11-21, 01:52 PM

Hey thanks for the advice. But with my other medical conditions my drs only approved Vyvanse. I can’t take any others so there are no alternatives. Is there a shared script option or something I can look into.
Old 01-11-21, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
I think there are some super cheap adhd mods. Did the cheaper ones not work for you? I see Ritalin 60 pills for $14.

Yeah this pandemic has been tough. Hopefully it'll only be just s few more months for widespreadvaccine. Hope you can hang in there.
I canít take any alternatives. My other drs only okayed vyvanse. I donít ha e the option to even get onto adderall. I have other medical conditions along with my adhd so thereís really no alternative. What else could you recommend.
Old 01-12-21, 09:04 AM

Thanked 27,965 Times in 12,978 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can’t take any alternatives. My other drs only okayed vyvanse. I don’t ha e the option to even get onto adderall. I have other medical conditions along with my adhd so there’s really no alternative. What else could you recommend.
Some people have found that Omega 3 fish oil supplements boost focus.
I began taking it 15 years ago and it made a big difference for me. I didn't
have health insurance at the time so could not get a diagnosis let alone meds.
Could be worth trying, eh?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
tudorose (01-12-21)
Old 01-12-21, 11:25 AM

PaulTardner is on a distinguished road

Quote:

This really hit home with me. A lack of routine is the quickest way to completely derail me no matter how well everything else is going. It doesn't matter what the routine consists of; my brain just starts to fall to pieces if I don't have roughly the same day, every day. While your meds will most likely be necessary to feel completely better, I urge you to set up some kind of arbitrar routine immediately.

Boring tasks which make you healthier, cleaner, or calmer are ideal; housework, exercise, cooking, video games, whatever works. Just set up a routine and then think about what comes next!

Keep posting on the forum. People here genuinely want to help! Things will get better mate!
Old 01-12-21, 12:20 PM

Thanked 5,840 Times in 2,493 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Some people have found that Omega 3 fish oil supplements boost focus.
I began taking it 15 years ago and it made a big difference for me. I didn't
have health insurance at the time so could not get a diagnosis let alone meds.
Could be worth trying, eh?
Yep krill oil has been a help in the absence of meds for me.
Lunacie (01-13-21)