ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 10-17-04, 04:40 PM

Edgejumpr is on a distinguished road
5 Month Update for the curious

Hi everyone.

I started on 5/28/04. I kept a pretty good log on here for a few months then got busy with other things.

I see the same questions over and over so here is my experience for what it is worth.

At 5 months, I am just now feeling totally s/e free. The biggest s/e's for me the last few months were weight loss (about 10 lbs total) and hot flashes. I have started eating regular again and have gained the weight back and the hot flashes seem to have gone away, but I do sweat a little more I think.

I take 80mg in the a.m. and 20 mg of lexapro.

It has had a big impact on my life. The NUMBER 1 comment from friends is that I am a calmer and more laid back person now. Not in a stoned way, but just not as hyper and chatty from one subject to the next.

When watching TV or doing work, I really feel like I zero in on that one task. No drifting. Now, it has NOT created a new work ethic in me. Im still the same ole me. Lazy!! It has not been a motivation pill for me, it just keeps my head clear of a hundred things at a time. It still have to "work" if that makes sense.

To all who are new, my experience with the s/e's is that they go away. I think a very few have small or no s/e's and they go away pretty quick. The reality for me was that it took awhile, but it was not very bad while I had them.

Feel free to ask questions if you want

Edge