ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-07, 11:13 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of
Question Re: Was this a legitimate e-maile from ADD Forums?

Hi was wondering if spam filters could be causing my current problems with the font size and color options. also was wondering if anyone else is having problems with this?The drop down boxes on the afore mentioned are blank and still inoperable.

"Spiraling With That θddly Riveting Scrθθey Grθθθve"
If life is so Riveting-How come my A{D}HD makes me feel like Bθlting when I
Scrθθ~up!
Old 12-30-07, 11:49 AM
Extradimensional Moderator

HighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant future
Re: Where are the Formatting Choices....?

I can confirm that some of the emoticons are not showing up. It seems that some of the emoticon image links may have been broken during the upgrade.

Are you accustomed to using the editor where when you select a font or color, that those changes are applied directly for you to see, like this, or do they show up like [​b][​u][​color="red"]this[​/color][​/u][​/b]
Disclaimer: none of the posts on this forum should be taken as medical advice. Optimally, always seek the opinion of multiple experienced professionals, note any discrepancies, and use your best judgment, as well as research, to determine what is true, untrue, and neither (opinion).
Old 12-30-07, 12:50 PM

~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of

I'm familiar with both methods but on this forum I was used to the drop down choices with the scroll bars using enhanced interface. I can't even click on the B I U or the available Smilies in post reply nor quick reply. Are any other posters having problems with this or is this some problem with my computer? Had no problems prior to updates. I'm not computer savvy but am learning albeit slowly! This Smilie came from my keyboard.

Scrθθ~up!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-07, 01:04 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,073 Times in 579 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

The forum controls rely on javascript. Perhaps updating your version of Java would help.

You can find that at www.java.com

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 12-30-07, 01:24 PM

Question Reply To: Where are the Formatting Choices....?

Can I do this with Internet Explorer version 5 ?

Scrθθ~up!
Old 12-30-07, 01:33 PM

HighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant future

Another thing:

Certain forum functionality, when using Internet Explorer, *may* require ActiveX to also be enabled. I am not sure how such instances are handled (if non-AJAX methods are still being used). I don't think this has anything to do with the particular issue (it would affect the "Quick Reply" action though).

Note: none of the above applies to Mozilla/Firefox, which supports the technology in a different manner.

http://support.lexis-nexis.com/brows...enable_activex
Enabling Active X for Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0

1. Click Tools then Internet Options.
2. Click Security.
3. Click Internet.
4. Click Custom Level.
5. Scroll to the Active X controls and plug-ins and verify that the options are set to Enable or Prompt.
6. Scroll to the Scripting Section and verify that Active Scripting is set to Enable or Prompt.
NOTE: Clicking a checked box removes the checkmark and disables the feature.
If you see checkmarks in the Enable or Prompt boxes, do not click on the checked boxes.
7. Click OK.
8. Click OK.
Disclaimer: none of the posts on this forum should be taken as medical advice. Optimally, always seek the opinion of multiple experienced professionals, note any discrepancies, and use your best judgment, as well as research, to determine what is true, untrue, and neither (opinion).
Old 12-30-07, 01:40 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

If Active X is running, you may need to update your Java after all. If that's the case, the link below will provide step by step instructions. It supports IE 5.5 and greater.

http://java.com/en/download/help/6000010400.xml

Old 12-30-07, 07:05 PM

Exclamation Reply To: Where are the Formatting Choices....?

I've enabled ActiveX. Thanks HighFunctioning and Andrew for the clear step by step instructions you've been giving me Now I guess the next step is to update java. Wish it was as easy as point and click..LOL!!! I've never updated or installed a program and I'm a liitle leery of the Enable and Configure part of install and/or update. :- Gulp!! :O

Scrθθ~up!
Old 12-30-07, 07:08 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Re: Reply To: Where are the Formatting Choices....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd~Scrooball View Post
I've enabled ActiveX. Thanks HighFunctioning and Andrew for the clear step by step instructions you've been giving me Now I guess the next step is to update java. Wish it was as easy as point and click..LOL!!! I've never updated or installed a program and I'm a liitle leery of the Enable and Configure part of install and/or update. :- Gulp!! :O
Actually, it IS just point and click. Just go to www.java.com, and click on the download button (I think its green in color).

Old 12-31-07, 04:37 PM

Talking Reply To: Where are the Formatting Choices....?

Hi I've updated to Java~its in the control panel but not on desktop. I'm also wondering Should I have rebooted the whole shebang? :O also the the red and blue A's and the "Remove Link" are both red X'd in Reply to Thread box. So~o~o what's next as I still am unable to use any of the choices.

And while I got your attention: How do I find the URL to my album photos to use as a background in the Customize profile box? Thank~You in advance

Scrθθ~up!
Old 12-31-07, 04:48 PM

Thanked 5,020 Times in 2,425 Posts
livinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi I've updated to Java~its in the control panel but not on desktop. I'm also wondering Should I have rebooted the whole shebang? :O also the the red and blue A's and the "Remove Link" are both red X'd in Reply to Thread box. So~o~o what's next as I still am unable to use any of the choices.
Can't hurt to reboot!

Quote:
And while I got your attention: How do I find the URL to my album photos to use as a background in the Customize profile box? Thank~You in advance
hmmm . .. not really sure. I right clicked on the picture and copied the image location and put it into the "main" customize background pic, but it didn't work. Perhaps someone who knows pic stuff better than I can pop in to help out

Leonard: “You’re using chocolates as positive reinforcement for what you consider good behavior!”
Sheldon: “Very good! Chocolate?”
-The Big Bang Theory (sitcom on CBS)
Old 12-31-07, 05:05 PM

Talking Reply To: Where are the Formatting Choices....?

Thanks livinginchaos So I guess I need to shut down everything I've got open on the computer Open"Java" in control panel and hit reboot and hope I'm not de~feeted? LOL!!!

Scrθθ~up!
Old 12-31-07, 05:12 PM

Quote:
That is correct. It should not be on the desktop.

You are seeing those icons correctly. The A's with the red X is the Remove Formatting. The Red X refers the Remove part of their action.
Old 12-31-07, 05:37 PM

Question Reply To: Where are the Formatting Choices....?

Unfortunately I'm still unable to use any of the formatting tools.
Are there any other option available?

Scrθθ~up!
Old 12-31-07, 06:04 PM

Something else to check.

At the bottom of the web browser window (to the right), there should be an icon and some text after it. Normally, that is a globe (the earth), and the text "Internet". If it's something else (such as Local intranet, Trusted sites, or Restricted sites), then the action that you took before to enable JavaScript would not have any effect.