ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-17, 01:34 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,752 Times in 2,462 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
My dad asking me to go have breakfast with me...only to betray my trust and try to ambush me with people/family members he knows I'm avoiding.

It's not that I'm surprised. And I don't know why I let the son of a b* hurt me...but he still does. He plays his stupid games through all my life. I never can really trust him to actually be there for me.

F* you dad. Thanks for being such an awesome friend to me dude.

Sometimes I wish I'd stop putting so much energy and effort into being such a good/consistent friend to him.
Sometimes I wish I could lean on him without worrying he's going to pull away on me like he so often does and abandons me.

Ah well...it's not his fault I never learn.
Your dad and you probably are both hurting now your mom has passed away. It must be a difficult time for your dad as well and it may be important for him to try to get the family together. You probably need each other a lot right now.
midnightstar (05-21-17), psychopathetic (05-21-17)
Old 05-21-17, 01:40 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,371 Times in 7,648 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
Your dad and you probably are both hurting now your mom has passed away. It must be a difficult time for your dad as well and it may be important for him to try to get the family together. You probably need each other a lot right now.
Yeah, but he knows better. There's a TON of backstory on this...and trust me when I say...he KNOWS better.
I'd have his back here in a heart beat. What he did today was a direct slap in my face and he knows it.

haha sorry to snip at you

I'm just hurting. I wish I could trust in him. I miss my mom...I could ALWAYS trust in her on stuff like this. No questions asked. No matter what was going on. She didn't agree with me on avoiding people...she was often upset about it...but she still accepted it, and respected me on it. She'd never straight betray my trust and try to ambush me like my dad just did.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (05-21-17)
Old 05-21-17, 01:46 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,816 Times in 13,482 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

(((((psycho))))) both you and your dad miss your mum, maybe he thinks he's doing the right thing by having everyone who loved your mum together
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Hermus (05-21-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-17, 01:57 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't feel like trying to explain things. Sorry guys.
He's knows he did wrong by me. He knew better. There's a VERY LONG history of this kind of stuff that's been established, so he can't play the innocent "I didn't know any better!" card...and it's not just this. This is just yet another small example of him betraying our 'friendship', or 'trust' or 'confidence'. He pulls this kind of stuff all the time. He's the kind of guy that you tell him something sensitive that's really embarrassing...and in that moment he makes you feel better and he comforts you on it.
The next day when friends or other people are around...he turns into a jerk/bully and really loudly announces what you'd talk to him about in private the previous day. And he doesn't just announce it...he does it in a very mean spirited, snide way. A way to get people to laugh at you for being such a fool.

This is the kind of man my dad is. My entire life.

He knows better...but so do I in hoping I can trust in the sh** head in times of need. He's never consistently been there for me...and though this may be a petty thing this morning...it's not. Not when you add all the other petty things he does day in and day out to betray me (and my mom when she was around. And my sister. He has no friends, but if he did...he'd no doubt betray them just the same).

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
eclectic beagle (05-21-17), Fuzzy12 (05-21-17), Lunacie (05-21-17), midnightstar (05-21-17)
Old 05-21-17, 01:57 PM

Thanked 5,752 Times in 2,462 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, but he knows better. There's a TON of backstory on this...and trust me when I say...he KNOWS better.
I'd have his back here in a heart beat. What he did today was a direct slap in my face and he knows it.

haha sorry to snip at you

I'm just hurting. I wish I could trust in him. I miss my mom...I could ALWAYS trust in her on stuff like this. No questions asked. No matter what was going on. She didn't agree with me on avoiding people...she was often upset about it...but she still accepted it, and respected me on it. She'd never straight betray my trust and try to ambush me like my dad just did.
Did you snip at me? Honestly, if you did I didn't even notice. I understand you are upset and react angrily, Psycho. You have every right to with everything you have to go through at the moment.
dvdnvwls (05-21-17), Fuzzy12 (05-21-17), midnightstar (05-21-17), psychopathetic (05-21-17)
Old 05-21-17, 04:13 PM

Thanked 30,348 Times in 13,984 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just don't feel like trying to explain things. Sorry guys.
He's knows he did wrong by me. He knew better. There's a VERY LONG history of this kind of stuff that's been established, so he can't play the innocent "I didn't know any better!" card...and it's not just this. This is just yet another small example of him betraying our 'friendship', or 'trust' or 'confidence'. He pulls this kind of stuff all the time. He's the kind of guy that you tell him something sensitive that's really embarrassing...and in that moment he makes you feel better and he comforts you on it.
The next day when friends or other people are around...he turns into a jerk/bully and really loudly announces what you'd talk to him about in private the previous day. And he doesn't just announce it...he does it in a very mean spirited, snide way. A way to get people to laugh at you for being such a fool.

This is the kind of man my dad is. My entire life.

He knows better...but so do I in hoping I can trust in the sh** head in times of need. He's never consistently been there for me...and though this may be a petty thing this morning...it's not. Not when you add all the other petty things he does day in and day out to betray me (and my mom when she was around. And my sister. He has no friends, but if he did...he'd no doubt betray them just the same).
That sucks. I'm sorry your dad is making you more upset. Huge hugs!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-21-17), midnightstar (05-21-17), psychopathetic (05-21-17)
Old 05-21-17, 09:15 PM

Thanked 4,240 Times in 2,409 Posts
eclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer to hide my true nature from people. What's wrong with that?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eclectic beagle For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (05-21-17), psychopathetic (05-22-17), Simargl (05-22-17)
Old 05-22-17, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectic beagle View Post
Nothing...unless you feel deprived. Or unless it makes you feel un-authentic or like you're not being true to your own self.

Basically, nothing's wrong with it...unless something feels wrong about it.

Just my thoughts.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 05-22-17, 01:43 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,882 Times in 1,245 Posts
Simargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectic beagle View Post
Your nature; your rules.
Old 05-22-17, 01:50 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,882 Times in 1,245 Posts
Simargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud of

I would like to be consistent.
Old 05-22-17, 01:53 AM

I would like to have more 'follow through'.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Simargl (05-22-17)
Old 05-22-17, 05:02 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,567 Times in 15,079 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Psycho, even though all those things you say about him are true and that there is a long history of them, is it possible they are sort of exacerbated now because of losing your mom? What I mean is, the normal "as**ole" behavior is something you have gotten used to and know how to guard against but this "new and improved" as**ole behavior" is because of his wife's death. Sort of like when you have gotten used to a jerk in your life but then something bad happens to the jerk and you try to have compassion for them until they go mega-jerk on you?

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-22-17)
Old 05-22-17, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Psycho, even though all those things you say about him are true and that there is a long history of them, is it possible they are sort of exacerbated now because of losing your mom? What I mean is, the normal "as**ole" behavior is something you have gotten used to and know how to guard against but this "new and improved" as**ole behavior" is because of his wife's death. Sort of like when you have gotten used to a jerk in your life but then something bad happens to the jerk and you try to have compassion for them until they go mega-jerk on you?
Yeah I think so.

I'm also more sensitive right now so took it more deeply than I typically would probably. Actually...I'm not sure about that. It upsets me just about every time he doesn't give me what I need in him. When he does things knowing full well that it's something that will upset me. I'd probably have been just as upset with him a month ago for doing that to me, as I was yesterday.

I feel like our 'friendship' is so lopsided. I give so much...I try so hard...I try my best to be consistent/unchanging for him...and he's great...when he's great. But so often he's just a jerk and doesn't give much back to the friendship. I often feel bitter and drained around him, left with an ever growing longing to make him happy. I feel like I have to be super careful around him, cause I never can tell when he's going to snap out of his good moods and turn into a grumpy jerk. I have to be very guarded in what I say to him...cause I always know in the back of my mind, anything too sensitive I tell him will be used as a weapon against me in his future when he's in a foul mood.

I've wished for years I'd be able to stop trying so damn hard. But I can't. It's like hard-coded in me to keep trying to be good for him...to always be there for him, to try time and again to go out of my way for him.
I love him tremendously...but he's so emotionally exhausting. I get so sick of trying so hard just for him to bully me around and be a jerk back to me.

lol sorry for the long winded ramble. I harbor a lot of resentments if you've never noticed!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-22-17), sarahsweets (05-22-17), Simargl (05-22-17)
Old 05-22-17, 06:51 AM

Thanked 30,348 Times in 13,984 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah I think so.

I'm also more sensitive right now so took it more deeply than I typically would probably. Actually...I'm not sure about that. It upsets me just about every time he doesn't give me what I need in him. When he does things knowing full well that it's something that will upset me. I'd probably have been just as upset with him a month ago for doing that to me, as I was yesterday.

I feel like our 'friendship' is so lopsided. I give so much...I try so hard...I try my best to be consistent/unchanging for him...and he's great...when he's great. But so often he's just a jerk and doesn't give much back to the friendship. I often feel bitter and drained around him, left with an ever growing longing to make him happy. I feel like I have to be super careful around him, cause I never can tell when he's going to snap out of his good moods and turn into a grumpy jerk. I have to be very guarded in what I say to him...cause I always know in the back of my mind, anything too sensitive I tell him will be used as a weapon against me in his future when he's in a foul mood.

I've wished for years I'd be able to stop trying so damn hard. But I can't. It's like hard-coded in me to keep trying to be good for him...to always be there for him, to try time and again to go out of my way for him.
I love him tremendously...but he's so emotionally exhausting. I get so sick of trying so hard just for him to bully me around and be a jerk back to me.

lol sorry for the long winded ramble. I harbor a lot of resentments if you've never noticed!
Give yourself a break. You are good. Even if it's not reciprocated. That doesn't take away from the good you are doing to him. That he can't reciprocate your friendship and goodwill is a shame but it's not something that is going to change at the moment. Just focus on being good to yourself and if you need a break from your dad then a break from your dad then allow yourself that if at all possible.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-22-17), psychopathetic (05-22-17), Simargl (05-22-17)
Old 05-22-17, 07:56 AM

Thanked 21,508 Times in 11,538 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh God, I am a mess. I have to take my car to the body shop for three days. They are giving me a loaner but nothing will be in the right place for 3 DAYS.

On top of that mess, no watches. I'll never know what time it is.

I have to pick up my paper scrips, fill one, and get to LOL's because the bath time changed again. The dogs are coming. And LOL was witching at me "why do you have to do all those things when you need to be here?" I'll only be 15 minutes late, if that, but this is all TOO MUCH.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-24-17), Fuzzy12 (05-22-17), Lunacie (05-22-17), psychopathetic (05-22-17), Simargl (05-22-17)
Closed Thread