ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 08-12-19, 04:17 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,409 Times in 1,333 Posts
TheChemicals has disabled reputation
In love with bipolar

Hello again community. I have been in a relationship with a woman who is bipolar for the last 6 months though I've known her for about a year-and-a-half. We are both very happy and have been talking about marriage. I am 41 and she is 26. My concern is my past history with bipolar women, and that I seem to be drawn or attracted two bipolar women. I had in the past one fiance and also a divorce from a bipolar woman. I can't help but worry that I may be attracted to bipolar women and this might be what's happening now?
I mentioned to my girlfriend about my ex-wife and how I woke up one morning and she was gone. Apparently she had a manic episode and simply left me for months and the only contact I had with her, she would tell me that she was going to become a gypsy and wanted to start a new life. That's a whole other story but after telling my girlfriend this she revealed to me that she was bipolar as well. I couldn't help but feel disappointed at first because it seems like some kind of Trend in my life where I look for these woman without even knowing I'm doing it. I am in love with this woman and she is as well with me but I can't help but think I'm repeating the same mistake.
She has had a few episodes already and we've been able to manage them really well and communicate afterwards about it. I have told her that I have ADHD and I've been managing it for 10 years and have had a pretty healthy life and successful life. I feel like my condition makes me attracted two bipolar women and I'm wondering if anybody as I had similar experiences I can give some advice. I am at a point of no return in this relationship because I feel so strongly about her and I want to do everything I can to support her.
Old 08-12-19, 11:15 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,709 Times in 14,019 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In love with bipolar

I'm happy for you and her, Chemicals

What are you attracted to with her, if this question makes sense? When you are attracted to bipolar women, is it the ups and downs that they experience that you are attracted to, or is it the person themself? Have you ever been attracted to a woman without bipolar?

You dont have to answer, just some stuff you can think about for yourself if this helps
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
namazu (08-12-19)