ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-19, 06:04 PM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,446 Times in 5,444 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Went to go get a bagel at the end of my run. We've stopped going to this particular place because the owner yelled at us for standing in the wrong spot a while ago.

Today, I really wanted a bagel, so I figured I'd give them a second chance. I walk up to the stand and notice the type of cream cheese I want is sold out, as are a bunch of the different bagel types. Oh well, about what I'd expect towards the bitter end of service.

Me, looking at the list of bagels and noting which ones are not crossed out. "Do you have bagel X?"

Cashier: "No, I just have what's not crossed out."

Me: ???? "Ok, how about bagel Y."

Cook: "Actually, we don't have that one either."

Me: "Okay, so what do you actually have in stock?"

Cook: "We have all bagels not crossed out."

Me (thinking I've just ordered two things that aren't crossed out but, whatever): "Bagel z?"

Cook to Cashier: "Cross that one out."

Me: "Bagel C?"

Cook - opens bin to pull out bagel C, revealing one more bagel X.

Me: "Is that an X bagel?"

Cook: "Someone ahead of you already ordered that."

I mean, I get being sold out of stuff, but really?

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-11-19), namazu (05-12-19), psychopathetic (05-12-19)
Old 05-11-19, 06:10 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,854 Times in 14,110 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerSan View Post
Went to go get a bagel at the end of my run. We've stopped going to this particular place because the owner yelled at us for standing in the wrong spot a while ago.

Today, I really wanted a bagel, so I figured I'd give them a second chance. I walk up to the stand and notice the type of cream cheese I want is sold out, as are a bunch of the different bagel types. Oh well, about what I'd expect towards the bitter end of service.

Me, looking at the list of bagels and noting which ones are not crossed out. "Do you have bagel X?"

Cashier: "No, I just have what's not crossed out."

Me: ???? "Ok, how about bagel Y."

Cook: "Actually, we don't have that one either."

Me: "Okay, so what do you actually have in stock?"

Cook: "We have all bagels not crossed out."

Me (thinking I've just ordered two things that aren't crossed out but, whatever): "Bagel z?"

Cook to Cashier: "Cross that one out."

Me: "Bagel C?"

Cook - opens bin to pull out bagel C, revealing one more bagel X.

Me: "Is that an X bagel?"

Cook: "Someone ahead of you already ordered that."

I mean, I get being sold out of stuff, but really?
Did you manage to get a bagel, Tyger?

I suspect for whatever reason they was trying to fob you off
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
namazu (05-12-19), TygerSan (05-11-19)
Old 05-11-19, 08:43 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,049 Times in 12,624 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

That's just weird. Not to mention frustrating.

As frustrating as my going to fix myself a bagel last night and finding out my
granddaughter had eaten them all. So I have cream cheese, peanut butter,
and bbq pork. I had to eat the bbq with no bread, bun or bagel. Wah.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
namazu (05-12-19), TygerSan (05-11-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-19, 08:45 PM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,446 Times in 5,444 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Did you manage to get a bagel, Tyger?

I suspect for whatever reason they was trying to fob you off
Nah, I fully believe it was just incompetence. They had no reason to fob anyone off and every reason to try to sell the remainder of their stock. They sell at a market that has very strict ending times and strong penalties for selling past the end time.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (05-12-19), namazu (05-12-19)
Old 05-11-19, 10:14 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,454 Times in 7,868 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Wife says her car is making a weird vibration noise from underneath when she stops at a light.

I climb under her vehicle and find the problem. The bracket that holds the O2 sensor to the exhaust is missing a nut on one side and its loose. Should be a simple fix. Just screw another nut onto the bolt. Easy.

Not so easy. The bolt is rusted and as Im tightening down another nut the bolt breaks! Plan B. I get my Bondo Plastic Metal and basically weld the bracket to exhaust.

After finally finishing that and being worn out and filthy, I take a shower. I quickly realize, I somehow managed to get about a huge blob of the Plastic Metal in my hair. Its a hard tangled spot about the size of a 50 cent piece.

What should be easy never seems to work out that way for me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-12-19), Lunacie (05-12-19), midnightstar (05-12-19), namazu (05-12-19), tudorose (05-14-19)
Old 05-12-19, 04:02 AM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Wife says her car is making a weird vibration noise from underneath when she stops at a light.

I climb under her vehicle and find the problem. The bracket that holds the O2 sensor to the exhaust is missing a nut on one side and its loose. Should be a simple fix. Just screw another nut onto the bolt. Easy.

Not so easy. The bolt is rusted and as Im tightening down another nut the bolt breaks! Plan B. I get my Bondo Plastic Metal and basically weld the bracket to exhaust.

After finally finishing that and being worn out and filthy, I take a shower. I quickly realize, I somehow managed to get about a huge blob of the Plastic Metal in my hair. Its a hard tangled spot about the size of a 50 cent piece.

What should be easy never seems to work out that way for me.
s Great Hound I hope you got the platic metal thing out of your hair

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-12-19), Greyhound1 (05-12-19), namazu (05-12-19)
Old 05-12-19, 05:21 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,502 Times in 10,851 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
I somehow managed to get about a huge blob of the Plastic Metal in my hair. Its a hard tangled spot about the size of a 50 cent piece.
Photo or it didn't happen...

Did I ever tell you about the time my hair was eaten by a vacuum cleaner?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-12-19), Greyhound1 (05-14-19), Little Missy (05-13-19), midnightstar (05-13-19)
Old 05-12-19, 07:56 PM

Thanked 14,985 Times in 6,694 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I pulled my gluteus medius this evening, and it hurt like hell.

Thank the heavens for ibuprofen.

But even though the pain is gone, the tightness and occasional spasm are still very present.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (05-12-19), midnightstar (05-13-19), namazu (05-12-19)
Old 05-13-19, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post

But even though the pain is gone, the tightness and occasional spasm are still very present.

Cheers,
Ian
hope it feels better soon aeon

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-13-19)
Old 05-13-19, 01:19 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Cheers,
Ian
Ah yes, the spasms. I pulled the gluteus superior several months ago. Since
I have degenerative disk disorder and it felt much like the time I ruptured a
disk in my lower back, I went to the ER. I was laying back on the exam table
when the doc came in. He asked me to sit up (wince) and point to where the
pain was located. That's all it took for him to say it was pulled muscles.

He was going to prescribe Norco, so that tells me the pain from this really is
"hell." I said I get Norco from my PCP for migraines. So he prescribed muscle
relaxants. I think the relaxants were all I took, not even Advil. Felt like forever
till I felt better, but was really only a couple of weeks. Hope you feel better soon.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-13-19)
Old 05-13-19, 02:20 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 16,095 Times in 7,986 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

My dad's been getting me excited for a vegas trip next week.

Calls me today to let me know it's no longer happening.

I'm the ******* idiot that let my hopes get up.

He's done this over and over through my life. Why am I always so stupid to believe him? :*(

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-13-19), namazu (05-13-19)
Old 05-13-19, 03:07 PM

Thanked 22,480 Times in 12,099 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Cheers,
Ian
dancing

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 05-13-19, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
My dad's been getting me excited for a vegas trip next week.

Calls me today to let me know it's no longer happening.

I'm the ******* idiot that let my hopes get up.

He's done this over and over through my life. Why am I always so stupid to believe him? :*(
OMG! I am so sorry, psycho. I am calling your dad all kinds of names in my
mind, because the forum would filter them out if I write them here!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
namazu (05-13-19), psychopathetic (05-14-19)
Old 05-14-19, 03:51 AM

Thanked 5,619 Times in 2,424 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

So many attempts at posts and all deleted. I'm really struggling atm. I went to work and I thought as I walked in that I don't wanna be at work. Then I realised I didn't want to be at home either. I just didn't want to be anywhere. I've had enough of the mental torture. I rang a helpline and they helped but then you have to work out how to move around the office when you're crying so nobody sees. Pretty hard in an open plan office. My buddy gave me a piece of fruit. That helped but I just feel so miserable. I'm tired of being me. I want to be someone else for a bit I need a break.
aeon (05-14-19), Greyhound1 (05-14-19), Lunacie (05-14-19), midnightstar (05-14-19), namazu (05-14-19), psychopathetic (05-14-19), stef (05-14-19)
Old 05-14-19, 01:21 PM

Thanked 11,549 Times in 6,102 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I know that feeling all too well not being happy anywhere.thats when it gets dark n murky for me .I don't know how to combat that orhave an answer.maybe it's just being bored n tired of all the same rigermero
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-14-19), Little Missy (05-14-19), Lunacie (05-14-19), namazu (05-14-19), psychopathetic (05-14-19), tudorose (05-15-19)