ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 01-26-05, 02:34 PM
Jr Member

Slide is on a distinguished road
Changing from Concerta to Adderall XR

My 10 yo daughter is on 27 mg of Concerta currently. The good side is she doesn't misbehave in school and the teachers claim she pays attention (or is it she just doesn't disturb her) but she is doing poorly in school. I changed from Concerta to Adderall regular and I have found that I greatly prefer it. The Concerta and Ritalin when I did it helped me with my focus but it always seemed like there was a fog over my brain and things just didn't register very clearly. If I dropped back on dosage then it didn't do me any good at all. I am wondering if the same thing is happening to her? She appears to be paying attention and doing her work but she isn't completely comprehending what is going on. Anybody else run into the same thing? My wife is opposed to changing her medicine. She is a teacher and sometimes I think she feels as long as our daughter isn't disrupting class she is doing fine. FYI she has been on Ritalin since 1st grade, started Concerta in 2nd grade and is currently in 4th grade but working on a 2nd grade level. She goes to resource for reading and math. I can't complain a whole lot about the school, they have bent over backwards for her paying for several tests and even offering a summer tutor if we want. When she takes the medicine at home (which we rarely do) she seems to be a zombie to me when she is sitting still at someplace like church.