ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site News, Information & Events
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-16, 10:30 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 22,653 Times in 10,440 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Orlando Attack

Reuters Headline: Hispanics shaken by heavy toll at Orlando club massacre

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fl...-idUSKCN0YZ2GH

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me

Last edited by namazu; 06-15-16 at 01:07 AM.. Reason: Removed quote that discussed restricted topics.
Old 06-15-16, 12:38 AM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 16,938 Times in 8,145 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

MODERATOR NOTE:

This thread is intended to support members who have been affected, directly or indirectly, by the Orlando attack.

It is not the place to argue about the religious, political, or other motives of people who would perpetrate such heinous acts against the LGBTQ community or any other group of human beings.

Please heed our site guidelines:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
Banned Topics:
* The main focus of ADD Forums is to provide a safe supportive place for people affected by AD/HD, and other co-morbid disorders. To do this, sometimes we must limit the scope of the permitted topics, to foster such a supportive environment.

* We have had issues arise here that have prevented this from happening - primarily members voicing their opinions about religious and political matters. While everyone is allowed their own opinions, there really is no other way to prevent such issues from "disturbing the peace", except to keep these things completely out of the ADD Forums in the first place.

* It is against ADD Forums Guidelines to discuss religious and political matters on the ADD Forums.

This [...] may include, but are not limited to:

* War
* Terrorism
* Religion
* Patriotism
* Democracy
* Racism
* Ethnicity
* Politics
These restricted topics can be discussed (civilly, and still with some limits) in the Debates section of the forum. Posts in this thread that discuss restricted topics may be removed.

Thank you.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
excel (06-15-16), Fortune (06-15-16), midnightstar (06-15-16), Simargl (06-15-16), Socaljaxs (06-15-16), stef (06-15-16)
Old 06-15-16, 12:55 AM
Pawfect Moderator

Thanked 2,340 Times in 1,157 Posts
Socaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud of

This honestly breaks my heart for not only the victims but anyone whom now lives in fear to be whom they truly are. It's really sad the judgment that has been received all over social medal and the hateful comments I've seen as well.

I find it rather concerning that many traditions claim to love all people equally yet many individuals interpret their views differently and feel they are justified by condemning a person for loving another. It baffles me

Last edited by namazu; 06-15-16 at 03:18 AM.. Reason: avoiding religious discussion
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Socaljaxs For This Useful Post:
Fortune (06-15-16), Fuzzy12 (06-15-16), namazu (06-15-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-16, 10:46 AM

Thanked 22,653 Times in 10,440 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

A little over 20 years ago there was an GLBT club here that my daughter and her then-girlfriend sometimes visited.

She and I have both been pretty well shaken up over someone targeting this group two decades later.

It seems that some people refuse to give up their discrimination and hate despite the new laws.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (06-15-16), namazu (06-15-16)
Old 06-15-16, 03:26 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 16,832 Times in 9,560 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I have no sympathy for the killer at all. My sympathies lie with the victims and their families.

Next they'll be claiming the killer had a mental disorder which will then bring out all the "mentally ill people will all go kill someone" brigade.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
All paranoia can go fart in the litter tray.
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-15-16)
Old 06-15-16, 03:59 PM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 21,513 Times in 9,076 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute

That's already been claimed in several places I've seen. It's always what's claimed.
Old 06-16-16, 12:47 AM

Thanked 1,527 Times in 924 Posts
Laserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to behold

I used to live in the Orlando area (to the north in Seminole County, this was south of downtown). I hated every minute of it, but I think it's better now. The one thing they can't fix is the climate though.

My mom's friend's daughter works at a blood bank there and has been working almost nonstop since this event occurred.

She was told that it was. There was just a moment of silence before
the woman proceeded bravely on. "Well, I'm wondering, then, how serious my
condition is. This prescription is marked `NO REFILLS'".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laserbeak For This Useful Post:
namazu (06-16-16), stef (06-16-16)
Old 06-16-16, 12:53 AM

Thanked 1,527 Times in 924 Posts
Laserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to behold

I worry about the bars, clubs, restaurants and other venues here in New York, both gay and straight. Fortunately our police department has a rather robust intelligence capacity to uncover such plots before they happen, unlike most other police departments. Unfortunately, I think that capacity is being degraded of late.

She was told that it was. There was just a moment of silence before
the woman proceeded bravely on. "Well, I'm wondering, then, how serious my
condition is. This prescription is marked `NO REFILLS'".
The Following User Says Thank You to Laserbeak For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (06-16-16)
Old 06-16-16, 10:33 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 11,224 Times in 5,412 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

The good news is there was such a turn out to give Blood the Blood Bank in PBC was turning people away and asking they come back next week. It was nice to see lines and lines of people willing to help.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (06-17-16), namazu (06-18-16), Simargl (06-16-16), Socaljaxs (06-17-16), stef (06-17-16)
Old 06-17-16, 05:56 PM
ADDvanced Member

AddAnxiousMe is a glorious beacon of lightAddAnxiousMe is a glorious beacon of lightAddAnxiousMe is a glorious beacon of lightAddAnxiousMe is a glorious beacon of lightAddAnxiousMe is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserbeak View Post
I used to live in the Orlando area (to the north in Seminole County, this was south of downtown). I hated every minute of it, but I think it's better now. The one thing they can't fix is the climate though.

My mom's friend's daughter works at a blood bank there and has been working almost nonstop since this event occurred.
My late father lived there years and years ago, he said he had to come back to the NE because he missed the four seasons. He said it was too weird having Christmas carolers singing Dashing through the snow while wearing bathing suits.
Closed Thread