ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-16, 11:19 PM
ADDvanced Member

intothewind is on a distinguished road
Re: You Know You Have ADHD When ...

You get onto wikipedia etc. hoping to research careers, or perhaps ADD. Before long you are reading about the year of no summer, giraffe systematics, or some other completely irrelevant topic.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to intothewind For This Useful Post:
hersenschimmel (01-02-17), Lunacie (12-14-16), thorfinnur (12-28-16)
Old 01-02-17, 09:41 AM

hersenschimmel is on a distinguished road

When a lot of these comments are painfully, but also kind of amusingly, recognizable.
Old 01-02-17, 12:11 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 22,232 Times in 10,255 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hersenschimmel View Post
When a lot of these comments are painfully, but also kind of amusingly, recognizable.
And you realize there are others who share that same mix of feelings.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-17, 04:33 PM
ADDvanced Member

Letching Gray is a name known to allLetching Gray is a name known to allLetching Gray is a name known to allLetching Gray is a name known to allLetching Gray is a name known to allLetching Gray is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
... the buzzer on the washing machine will annoy you and not using it will mean that you need to re-wash your clothes because you let them in there for days.

... when you say "days" and you actually just mean around one day.

... when you've been telling yourself you need to buy toothpaste for two weeks now, and you still come home without it. So then you (lo' and behold) actually go to the store ONLY to buy toothpaste (because you had none left, like, really, NONE!) and come home with twenty things, of which none is toothpaste.

... where you tell yourself you need something to wash your dark clothes with and you come home with something for your white laundry. While you actually have two bottles of that standing right next to the laundry machine. While you don't have much white laundry anyway.

... you look for two hours trying to find something, to find it on its correct spot.

... when you look for something and it's right there, in front of you, and you still don't see it.

... when you can write endless long lists like this, but stop in the middle because you realized it could be time to do something non-urgent, but really cool to do anyway.
When you search everywhere, and by that I mean E V E R Y W H E R E, for your glasses, hour after hour after desperate hour, red hot angry and embarrassed, and you're blind without them, but you are 2 hours late to pick up relatives for Thanksgiving dinner, which started an hour ago, as they wait at the airport, and then catch your image in a mirror and stare at that handsome stud sporting very cool glasses
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Letching Gray For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-04-17), Lunacie (01-04-17), stef (01-04-17)
Old 01-04-17, 05:03 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 24,003 Times in 11,821 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

when it's totally irrelevant that you forgot to bring something to read during lunchtime, because you've also left your reading glasses at your desk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-04-17), Letching Gray (01-04-17), Little Missy (01-04-17), Lunacie (01-04-17)
Old 01-04-17, 07:08 PM

Thanked 25,325 Times in 11,770 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by intothewind View Post
You get onto wikipedia etc. hoping to research careers, or perhaps ADD. Before long you are reading about the year of no summer, giraffe systematics, or some other completely irrelevant topic.
When you look up what other people are wasting their time with because you haven't wasted enough time today yet.

At least now I know that shockingly the weather in 1816 was worse than this year and that the giraffe has a gestation period of upto 460 days.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (01-04-17), Lunacie (01-04-17)
Old 01-04-17, 07:17 PM
ADDvanced Member

Letching Gray is a name known to allLetching Gray is a name known to allLetching Gray is a name known to allLetching Gray is a name known to allLetching Gray is a name known to allLetching Gray is a name known to all

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me Lunacie

Forgive me but I strongly disagree. We are a very talented, very special group. One example. In a crowd of people, no one can hurt like mad without our noticing. By itself that raises our status as worthwhile human beings way, way up there.
Old 01-04-17, 09:44 PM

Thanked 22,232 Times in 10,255 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letching Gray View Post
As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me Lunacie

Forgive me but I strongly disagree. We are a very talented, very special group. One example. In a crowd of people, no one can hurt like mad without our noticing. By itself that raises our status as worthwhile human beings way, way up there.
I can and certainly have missed the fact that someone I knew in a group of people
was hurting a lot. I had always thought I was very empathic. Thought again.

I believe people without ADHD can be quite empathetic and notice somoene who
is in pain or in turmoil. It's really not limited to people with ADHD.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (01-10-17)
Old 01-04-17, 10:27 PM

Thanked 4,881 Times in 2,420 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I can and certainly have missed the fact that someone I knew in a group of people
was hurting a lot. I had always thought I was very empathic. Thought again.

I believe people without ADHD can be quite empathetic and notice somoene who
is in pain or in turmoil. It's really not limited to people with ADHD.
There are things that ADHD people can do that certainly isn't limited to what other people can do, but is more prominent.

There are things that you're more likely to accomplish with an ADHD mind than without (even although people without ADHD are still capable)
The Following User Says Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (01-10-17)
Old 02-15-17, 05:24 AM

yADD11 is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: You Know You Have ADHD When ...

*When you forgot that you did not forget to do something and realize it only while doing it again.

*When some items become invisible when you trying to find them.

*When driving 100 mph feels more comfortable than driving 30 mph.

*When your day is good and your did not forget anything all day, but deep inside you know it is not true: you just can't recall what you forgot.

*When you turn around to double check if your car is locked and see an open door (thinking: how?... that is way I double check everything).