ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site Suggestions & Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-17, 09:56 PM
Contributor

john2100 is a splendid one to beholdjohn2100 is a splendid one to beholdjohn2100 is a splendid one to beholdjohn2100 is a splendid one to beholdjohn2100 is a splendid one to beholdjohn2100 is a splendid one to beholdjohn2100 is a splendid one to behold
Re: If i started a new forums similar ADDForums,

Quote:
Moderators are chosen by the Admins, no application to become a Moderator will necessarily be read or acknowledged.
Wow, that is interesting, so all the moderators where basically asked to be moderators?
How long does it usually take ,how many yrs or posts to be invited?
Old 01-07-17, 09:59 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 17,952 Times in 8,798 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2100 View Post
Wow, that is interesting, so all the moderators where basically asked to be moderators?
How long does it usually take ,how many yrs or posts to be invited?
Yes. You'd have to talk to Admin about the details.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
john2100 (01-07-17), peripatetic (02-25-17)
Old 01-07-17, 10:16 PM
Contributor

john2100 is a splendid one to beholdjohn2100 is a splendid one to beholdjohn2100 is a splendid one to beholdjohn2100 is a splendid one to beholdjohn2100 is a splendid one to beholdjohn2100 is a splendid one to beholdjohn2100 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
Yes. You'd have to talk to Admin about the details.
Thanks for you answers, bringing little light behind the operation of this forum.
I had no idea you guys are doing it for free,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to john2100 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (01-08-17), Lunacie (03-10-17), namazu (01-07-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-17, 10:21 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

mildadhd has disabled reputation

I just want to discuss development of implicit self-regulation before medication is even an option.

I really do not get why people with deficits of self-regulation are not interested in how implicit self-regulation develops normally?

Anyway, I appreciate you trying john2100, but there are a few other places that might be interested in development of self regulation before the age of 4.

I am tired of being bully and threads derailed by people whose preference is simply that do not want to discuss the topics.

Old 01-07-17, 10:26 PM

I really appreciate the moderators.

Can any moderator give me a specific reason why I m always has hassled and bullied, when I try to discuss development before the age of 4.

It should not be this hard and it extremely important.

Old 01-07-17, 10:29 PM

Why do I need to beg to discuss such an important topic.

Old 01-07-17, 11:01 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildadhd View Post
Why do I need to beg to discuss such an important topic.
I don't think anything is gonna change . I think that you should start a new forum. I hope I'm not offending moderators or admins.

I think that your goal is a genuine discussion.

If you start a new forum , you may just need a group of 20 really passionate people who are truly genuinely interested in this discussion . Even on this forum there are probably just 10-20 regular posting members.

So even on this forum , you would end -up discussing with 10-20 members.
Most of the member aren't probably that interested . Some of your posts are way to difficult to follow for many ,due to terminology and way to complex theory .

"doing what you know." tread is a good example. You are taking discussion to much higher levels that most people can comprehend , including me. That thread is still closed. Your discussions and knowledge are on a different level.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john2100 For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (01-08-17), Lunacie (03-10-17)
Old 01-07-17, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2100 View Post
I don't think anything is gonna change . I think that you should start a new forum. I hope I'm not offending moderators or admins.

I think that your goal is a genuine discussion.

If you start a new forum , you may just need a group of 20 really passionate people who are truly genuinely interested in this discussion . Even on this forum there are probably just 10-20 regular posting members.

So even on this forum , you would end -up discussing with 10-20 members.
Most of the member aren't probably that interested . Some of your posts are way to difficult to follow for many ,due to terminology and way to complex theory .

"doing what you know." tread is a good example. You are taking discussion to much higher levels that most people can comprehend , including me. That thread is still closed. Your discussions and knowledge are on a different level.
Thanks john2100

It saddens me to say I better not discuss the topics anymore here.

Take care.

Old 01-07-17, 11:40 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 12,413 Times in 5,992 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey mild,
I respect your desire to discuss the interests you mentioned. The real problem is finding enough like minded or interested people in such a complicated and specific topic. You do receive responses to your threads here and some have been helpful, I sincerely hope.

Your current thread http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182467 is in a section, I moderate. This is typically a slow section and I would love for you to drive some more traffic to it. Why not just have your other friends whom you discuss this and similar topics with just join ADDF and share your thoughts here?

Instead of building and driving traffic to your own site, would it not be much easier and less expensive just driving people here? Even this sticky in the section is on topic with your interests. http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50327

I think just increasing your topic audience here seems to be the path of least resistance to me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (01-08-17), peripatetic (02-25-17)
Old 01-08-17, 08:40 AM
Contributor

I think midland, that you could do both.Discuss it here and have your little group on the web . If you had your own blog, your articles,research could be all in one place.
BY doing so google would pick up the keyword too and you could possible attract new type of users or have a discussion in a more formal setting.

Grayhound1 is sort of saying that he has you back and understands your intentions and frustrations very well. Also namazu. So if you stay here they may just help you little bit more, but they are just moderators and they have to stay fair.

Admins and owners are worried about having traffic driven away, which is understandable. It took them yrs of hard work to be #1 ADHD site in the world.

So whatever they doing, they are doing it right in a sense that their website is the best place to get help if you have a general or more specific ADD problem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john2100 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-10-17), midnightstar (01-08-17)
Old 01-24-17, 06:06 PM

Thanked 6,259 Times in 2,929 Posts
Drewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildadhd View Post
Can any moderator give me a specific reason why I m always has hassled and bullied, when I try to discuss development before the age of 4.
Not speaking as a moderator, of course...
The volunteers that maintain this site go out of their way to prevent anyone from being hassled and/or bullied and I applaud them for that. I'm sorry that you feel that you are being hassled and bullied at times, and if I was ever in anyway responsible for that feeling, I apologize for my insensitivity.

That said, when other people start a thread on an unrelated topic and you start trying to discuss something else within that thread, other members of this forum are frustrated by it. Try to be aware of the topic at hand and (we all struggle with this), try to stay focused. I think you will find yourself feeling less bullied if you have better self awareness. That's not to excuse anyone for being mean to you, but you need to do the small things that are within your own power to maximize your satisfaction while interacting with others on this forum.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Drewbacca For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-24-17), BellaVita (01-24-17), Lunacie (03-10-17), midnightstar (01-25-17), stef (01-25-17)
Old 01-25-17, 05:38 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,681 Times in 12,960 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

IMO its hard sometimes to follow certain discussions because sometimes you do not answer questions about statements you make, or post links, quotes or videos without any comments. I feel like I need to guess at what your meaning is sometimes. Sometimes it seems like your threads are meant to go one way- and then I notice they go a different way and that upsets you. I dont think people are only interested in meds, I can think of three members off the top of my head that do not take or are not interested in meds- I just think maybe people are not as interested in how the topics are explored.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Drewbacca (01-25-17), Lunacie (03-10-17)
Old 03-10-17, 10:14 PM

Thanks Everyone for helping me understand things better.

I found a "different place" to discuss about the natural development of self-regulation.

When I am there, I will write about how self-regulation develops.

And when I am here, I will write about how self-regulation does not develop.

m
Old 03-10-17, 11:17 PM

Edit..

In other words.

I will write about development of self-regulation there.

And I will write about underdevelopment of self-regulation here.

m
Old 03-11-17, 12:47 AM

Thanked 23,510 Times in 10,864 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that this topic is important to you.

I would be more interested in discussing how "natural development of
self regulation" is delayed in those with ADHD.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Closed Thread