ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-16, 06:58 AM
ADDvanced Member

bluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to all
Trouble logging in

Hi
I'm having trouble accessing the forums. I managed to log in just now by logging out, going to a thread and then logging in from there.
But if I try to go direct to the main page where all the current active threads show up -- www(dot)add(dot)com -- I get this message:

"Bluejay14 you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Any ideas what the problem is and how I can get around it?
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejay14 For This Useful Post:
namazu (05-07-16)
Old 05-07-16, 06:59 AM
ADDvanced Member

bluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to all
Re: Trouble logging in

and an unrelated 'yay' because that's the first time I've had a post approved immediately without it being moderated. That must mean I belong
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejay14 For This Useful Post:
namazu (05-07-16)
Old 05-07-16, 08:37 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 17,374 Times in 9,944 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Try logging in from this link: http://www.addforums.com/forums Main page hasn't worked properly for years and admin don't have the power to fix it
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
All paranoia can go fart in the litter tray.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (06-06-16), Greyhound1 (05-07-16), namazu (05-07-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-16, 09:52 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Try logging in from this link: http://www.addforums.com/forums Main page hasn't worked properly for years and admin don't have the power to fix it

that explains it then! It worked for me for a few days, and then suddenly stopped. Shame - because the list of current threads is a good starting point.
Thanks for letting me know. I was worried I'd accidentally done something terrible and been thrown out
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluejay14 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (05-07-16), midnightstar (05-07-16), namazu (05-07-16)
Old 05-07-16, 10:01 AM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 11,505 Times in 5,563 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejay14 View Post

that explains it then! It worked for me for a few days, and then suddenly stopped. Shame - because the list of current threads is a good starting point.
Thanks for letting me know. I was worried I'd accidentally done something terrible and been thrown out
Welcome and you didn't do anything wrong at all.
The forum has some glitches! I hope you can get past them and enjoy it.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or issues.

Best wishes
Hound
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
bluejay14 (05-07-16), midnightstar (05-07-16), namazu (05-07-16)
Old 05-07-16, 11:56 AM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 17,230 Times in 8,353 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejay14 View Post
the list of current threads is a good starting point.
For something similar, you can try the "New Posts" link in the blue navigation menu at the top of the page for a list of recently-created and/or recently-edited threads.

Also, we don't throw people out "just because", so have no fear!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (05-07-16), midnightstar (05-07-16)
Old 05-07-16, 12:03 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
For something similar, you can try the "New Posts" link in the blue navigation menu at the top of the page for a list of recently-created and/or recently-edited threads.

nams, of course we don't throw people out "just because we can", if that was what happened here I'd be thrown out already and I'm still here so there's nothing to be afraid of
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
bluejay14 (05-07-16)
Old 05-07-16, 02:02 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Welcome and you didn't do anything wrong at all.
The forum has some glitches! I hope you can get past them and enjoy it.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or issues.

Best wishes
Hound
Thank you It's good to be here!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluejay14 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (05-07-16), midnightstar (05-07-16), namazu (01-02-17)
Old 05-07-16, 02:04 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post

Good to know.
And that's a useful tip re the 'new posts' link, thank you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluejay14 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (05-07-16), namazu (01-02-17)
Old 01-02-17, 06:35 PM
Jr Member

Riversong is on a distinguished road

Thank you! It said that I was logged in but didn't have access to the forum. The link posted here helped.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Riversong For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (01-02-17), namazu (01-02-17), peripatetic (01-02-17)
Old 01-06-17, 11:37 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,327 Times in 1,334 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute

lol, still with this? "Admin doesn't have the power to fix it" well, it is a vbulletin deployment from 2008, but even so it's just a misconfigured setting on the domain or installation folder. What it isn't doing is costing David much money and he's still gettin' paid, so there it is.
Old 01-09-17, 09:43 AM
Forummarm

Thanked 7,712 Times in 2,393 Posts
Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute

If I had the power, I would fix it. I know Andrew would jump at the chance. I don't think anyone understands just how powerless we feel with the simple fixes because we don't have access to the code, David owns this experience or how heartbroken we are with the broken promises for upgrades. It also is frustrating to provide this explanation on numerous occasions and the picking and poking that we don't have the ability but alas, it is what it is and I'm grateful for the members and staff that endure through it all and have a greater capacity for compassion and understanding. Thanks to those that do.

Everything I write is fully substantiated by my personal opinion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andi For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (01-09-17), Greyhound1 (01-10-17), midnightstar (01-09-17)
Old 01-09-17, 11:11 AM

Andi and Andrew everyone here should be thanking you for doing your best on the forums imo