ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-17, 07:46 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,719 Times in 12,448 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
How to tell someone they've out stayed their welcome?

They've stayed with us for almost 4 months now (with a few weeks off here and there). We've had almost continuously someone staying with us for the last 6 months. I don't even know how to start the topic but I know I need to. I'm getting angry and feeling guilty at the same time.

I had told them just 2 more weeks, that became a month, then another week and now they still haven't booked their tickets.

I love them to bits but hubby is going into depression and I am going crazy.

I'm just so scared to hurt them. And what if one of them dies before I see them again. I don't want them to think I don't care for them.

How do start thr conversation ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-09-17), peripatetic (01-10-17)