ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-17, 04:21 PM

NelliBell is on a distinguished road
So happy I found this forum!

My name is Lisa and I live in Maryland. I am 52 years old and am finally being treated for ADHD. I am taking 30 mg of Adderall in the am and 15 mg early afternoon.

I've been medicated for about 4 months. The very first thing I noticed was being at peace for the first time in my life. No more berating myself for losing things(oh if I could get back the time and/or money spent looking for and replacing items I'd be over the top).

Over the years I found ways to keep myself organized and have been successful in both my work and personal life. About 6 months ago I began to have a really hard time at work. I was feeling very overwhelmed and almost felt incapacitated at times. This has happened to me at other times in my life but years ago we didn't have a name for it and there wasn't treatment. We just struggled through life trying to do the best we could. I finally sought help from my family doctor and told her that for as long as I could remember I had trouble staying focused and sitting still but things were much, much worse for me now.

Finally! Relief! I just wish I could have had treatment 35 years ago, I'm sure I
would have graduated college and saved thousands of dollars replacing my property, lol.

Over the past couple of weeks I developed some rather odd behaviors (picking at my face and biting my lips). I looked on the web to see if these could be side effects from the Adderall (yes, there will be a Med check in my near future) and I found this forum filled with people just like me!!! More relief!

Recently I developed some
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NelliBell For This Useful Post:
ginniebean (01-08-17), Letching Gray (01-08-17)
Old 01-08-17, 06:42 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 15,342 Times in 8,574 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So happy I found this forum!

Welcome
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Old 01-08-17, 07:10 PM
ADDvanced Member

Letching Gray is a name known to allLetching Gray is a name known to allLetching Gray is a name known to allLetching Gray is a name known to allLetching Gray is a name known to allLetching Gray is a name known to all

Glory. Welcome. How 'bout that.

Take your time grieving over the past. It takes as long as it takes. I remember I was so grateful, finally, to discover there was a specific, named dysfunction that had crippled me all my life and the sadness and anger I felt at the same time for the terrible waste I'd endured.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-17, 07:14 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,762 Times in 7,925 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome and yes picking can be a side effect
The Following User Says Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (01-08-17)
Old 01-08-17, 07:36 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,429 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome. For the side effects, perhaps try magnesium suppliments. They've been known to help with that sort of thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (01-08-17)
Old 01-11-17, 11:56 PM
Jr Member

tomgrouncontrol is on a distinguished road

Yes me too I have been reading and it is incredible.