ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-11, 10:31 PM
Artisan of Shenanigans

Thanked 4,765 Times in 3,105 Posts
Conman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: You Know You Have ADHD When ...

i usually manage to stop myself before that happens thankfully, cuz usually those songs are awesome. although those kinds of songs vary greatly in terms of genre and lyrics haha.

-Hunter S. Thompson
The Following User Says Thank You to Conman For This Useful Post:
homestead4u (04-07-12)
Old 08-10-11, 11:02 PM
Contributor

Surly Dave is a name known to allSurly Dave is a name known to allSurly Dave is a name known to allSurly Dave is a name known to allSurly Dave is a name known to allSurly Dave is a name known to allSurly Dave is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormur View Post
Haha. I locked myself out of the car so many times, i mastered the art of hi-jacking my own vehicle. Seriously. I'd have the coat-hanger ready to go.. After a while i just bought like 4 extra sets of keys for my car and house

I always keep my keys on a key-ring attached to my belt now

Ha! I have many, many sets of keys so that I can always find one. I keep sets on the dresser, the counter, on the desk, an extra set in the car, tool box... Now, where did I leave my car...?
My high tolerance for chaos is compensation for my low tolerance for B.S.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Surly Dave For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (08-10-11), homestead4u (04-07-12), KAH 24 (08-09-12), Leann8806 (01-22-15), PixelAngelBaby (01-03-13), yellowflowers (07-02-12)
Old 08-10-11, 11:12 PM
Contributor

Surly Dave is a name known to allSurly Dave is a name known to allSurly Dave is a name known to allSurly Dave is a name known to allSurly Dave is a name known to allSurly Dave is a name known to allSurly Dave is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
when you try to use your phone instead of the TV clicker
I've tried to use the car-unlocker-clicker-remote-key thingy to unlock the door to the house...and complained that the darn thing wasn't working.
My high tolerance for chaos is compensation for my low tolerance for B.S.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Surly Dave For This Useful Post:
homestead4u (04-07-12), yellowflowers (07-02-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-11, 11:14 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 15,870 Times in 8,028 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

When you put ketchup into your glass instead of the plate. I watched my mom do this.
callmewhatever (05-15-13), Etcetera (08-11-11), ginniebean (08-13-11), yellowflowers (07-02-12)
Old 08-10-11, 11:55 PM
Artisan of Shenanigans

Conman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond repute

when you continue to walk on all 4's up the stairs...or up and down by 3's...or go up by toes...or walk on toes...

-Hunter S. Thompson
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Conman For This Useful Post:
Sarah Louise (09-13-12), yellowflowers (07-02-12)
Old 08-11-11, 03:48 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 24,403 Times in 12,024 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

check to see how much yarn is left for a crochet project - lots, yay!
think you'll do a bit of crochet while watching the second half of a soccer game;
sort through the whole basket with the crochet stuff instead (at the end of the couch)

at the bottom of the basket: a half-read book about ADD purchased last summer on vacation! on august 26.
(used a bus transfer as a bookmark)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (08-11-11), ginniebean (08-13-11), Leann8806 (01-22-15), pechemignonne (08-11-11), yellowflowers (07-02-12)
Old 08-11-11, 04:36 AM
Contributor

DanaDane is a jewel in the roughDanaDane is a jewel in the roughDanaDane is a jewel in the rough

When you can't remember your beloved two nephews birthdays, even if they are the only nephews/niece in your famely

When the only way to remember your weddingday is to look inside your wedding ring, or when your see the bouquet of roses on the dinner table

When you keep forgeting the sanitary napkin durring your periode

When you often find your self wearing your shirt inside out

Adult female.
ADHD. Diagnosed twice in 2011.
Meds: Strattera.
GAD (depression)
Meds: Venlafaxin, Lyrica.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DanaDane For This Useful Post:
homestead4u (04-07-12), jordanbamabelle (11-28-11), pechemignonne (08-11-11), Thandimanillon (12-05-11), yellowflowers (07-02-12)
Old 08-11-11, 04:39 AM

Dolorem Ipsum is a glorious beacon of lightDolorem Ipsum is a glorious beacon of lightDolorem Ipsum is a glorious beacon of lightDolorem Ipsum is a glorious beacon of lightDolorem Ipsum is a glorious beacon of lightDolorem Ipsum is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly Dave View Post
I've tried to use the car-unlocker-clicker-remote-key thingy to unlock the door to the house...and complained that the darn thing wasn't working.
Done pretty much the same thing with my proximity card from work. I've also tried to open the doors at work with my bus pass.

Also...

... you're late for work/school because you couldn't find your glasses/keys/wallet/shoes.

... that thing you forgot to get from the shops was "dinner".

... your keys are chained to your pants, to stop you absent-mindedly putting them down somewhere.
donnzmail (06-16-13), Excelsior1 (11-18-12), Forgot my brain (12-05-11), homestead4u (04-07-12), Jayndoe (05-12-14), PixelAngelBaby (01-03-13), Senegalle (01-07-14), yellowflowers (07-02-12)
Old 08-11-11, 04:43 AM
ADDvanced Member

hoolio has a spectacular aura abouthoolio has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDisme2010 View Post
You go to the grocery store for Milk, come home with five bags of groceries, but forgot the Milk.

Start a new job and forget what time you are supposed to be at work.
When you get a call to come in for a job interview, you tell people because you are excited and when they ask what the job is.... you can't remember what the position was!

When you put your car keys in the fridge so you won't forget your lunch...then in the morning spend 20 minutes looking for your keys... never thinking to check the fridge because you forgot that you made a lunch the night before...

When your therapist asks you a question, you begin to answer then get distracted and entirely irritated that the cleaning people are using some sort of loud machine outside in the hall.... and have to ask the therapist "what was the question?"

When you pick up the same empty glass and try to take a drink for the 15th time, only to set it back down for the 15th time instead of filling it...until your mom finally tells you maybe you should put some water in the glass (just happened today).

When you are about to call the police to report your car stolen because you can't find it in the walmart parking lot because you are sure that it wasn't parked THAT far away from the doors... only to find it after your kids finally convince you (after 15 minutes of fruitless searching) that yes, you DID park way over there.... they still haven't let me live that one down! (And my kids have learned to look for "landmarks" when I park because they know I will never find the car!)

Ahhh, and so many more....
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hoolio For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (08-11-11), DanaDane (08-11-11), Djo77 (12-31-11), donnzmail (06-16-13), Forgot my brain (12-05-11), homestead4u (04-07-12), Leann8806 (01-22-15), Raye (04-15-12), yellowflowers (07-02-12)
Old 08-11-11, 04:48 AM
Contributor

DanaDane is a jewel in the roughDanaDane is a jewel in the roughDanaDane is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
when you pick up the same empty glass and try to take a drink for the 15th time, only to set it back down for the 15th time instead of filling it

when you are about to call the police to report your car stolen because you can't find it in the walmart parking lot because you are sure that it wasn't parked that far away from the doors... Only to find it after your kids finally convince you (after 15 minutes of fruitless searching) that yes, you did park way over there
:-D *LOL* I recognize this so very well!!

Adult female.
GAD (depression)
The Following User Says Thank You to DanaDane For This Useful Post:
homestead4u (04-07-12)
Old 08-11-11, 04:52 AM

Dolorem Ipsum is a glorious beacon of lightDolorem Ipsum is a glorious beacon of lightDolorem Ipsum is a glorious beacon of lightDolorem Ipsum is a glorious beacon of lightDolorem Ipsum is a glorious beacon of lightDolorem Ipsum is a glorious beacon of light

... you realise, halfway through what you were saying, that you have completely forgotten the point you were trying to make.
ADHDTigger (08-11-11), Buzz23 (01-31-12), catrenn (10-27-12), Chelsea Dagger (11-09-11), Chocolatesa (11-20-12), Daniel652 (08-29-11), diyanah (05-20-13), Djo77 (12-31-11), evilfish (07-24-14), Excelsior1 (11-18-12), Forgot my brain (12-05-11), homestead4u (04-07-12), jayhawkZombie (12-05-15), Jayndoe (05-12-14), KAH 24 (08-09-12), Late Bloomer (12-17-11), Leann8806 (01-22-15), Lincourt (06-04-14), PixelAngelBaby (01-03-13), Raye (04-15-12), Sarah Louise (09-13-12), Thandimanillon (12-05-11), Velvet005 (01-14-13), yellowflowers (07-02-12)
Old 08-11-11, 04:54 AM
Contributor

When your afraid to leave your filled and heavy shopping cart in the store to go look for something at the other end of the store, that you forgot. Because you may never find your cart again! And you'll have to start shopping all over again!

Adult female.
GAD (depression)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanaDane For This Useful Post:
homestead4u (04-07-12), yellowflowers (07-02-12)
Old 08-11-11, 08:23 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 22,518 Times in 10,372 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

... when you realize your brother's birthday was last month and you didn't remember to send a card. I haven't sent any birthday cards in years.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (08-11-11), Etcetera (08-11-11), homestead4u (04-07-12), Leann8806 (01-22-15)
Old 08-11-11, 10:33 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,032 Times in 461 Posts
Etcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
... when you realize your brother's birthday was last month and you didn't remember to send a card. I haven't sent any birthday cards in years.
Strangely enough, I never forget *any* birthday. Sometimes, it just makes me look like I have Asperger - at least the way I remember them. Like a friend of mine, exactly 7 days after my mom's birthday. My dad is 2/2. My bankcode is x+y-z=a (xyza would be the code then. And I should tell you that one of the xyz is just a zero lol). Also for their ages I sometimes do that. Or phone numbers. xx = birthyear of this person - 10, yy = the month someone else was born in zz = my mom's birthyear leaves xxyyzz = phonenumber of some other person that has nothing to do with these three people. It's awkward. But I stopped doing this somewhere during my puberty, leaving me more easily forget numbers. But dates is still the same thing. Like xxyyzz = x+x+y-y (multiply or whatever by a random number) =zz. Seriously? Why?
ADHDTigger (08-11-11), ginniebean (08-13-11)
Old 08-11-11, 10:34 AM
Artisan of Shenanigans

when you tell people your friend eats babies just to make him mad

-Hunter S. Thompson
The Following User Says Thank You to Conman For This Useful Post:
homestead4u (04-07-12)