ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-11, 10:51 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 22,948 Times in 10,583 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: You Know You Have ADHD When ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
Strangely enough, I never forget *any* birthday. Sometimes, it just makes me look like I have Asperger - at least the way I remember them. Like a friend of mine, exactly 7 days after my mom's birthday. My dad is 2/2. My bankcode is x+y-z=a (xyza would be the code then. And I should tell you that one of the xyz is just a zero lol). Also for their ages I sometimes do that. Or phone numbers. xx = birthyear of this person - 10, yy = the month someone else was born in zz = my mom's birthyear leaves xxyyzz = phonenumber of some other person that has nothing to do with these three people. It's awkward. But I stopped doing this somewhere during my puberty, leaving me more easily forget numbers. But dates is still the same thing. Like xxyyzz = x+x+y-y (multiply or whatever by a random number) =zz. Seriously? Why?
I remember the dates, if you ask me when people were born I can give you the dates. But I don't remember to buy a birthday card and get it in the mail before the birthday arrives.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (08-11-11), ginniebean (08-13-11), homestead4u (04-07-12), hoolio (08-22-11)
Old 08-11-11, 10:52 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,032 Times in 461 Posts
Etcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud of

Oh, well, if you put it that way... I just tell people I "don't do birthday cards" and they "shouldn't send me one either". For the rest, I just put it in my phone and then I can easily send them a message or phone them on the day itself.
ADHDTigger (08-11-11), homestead4u (04-07-12)
Old 08-11-11, 12:19 PM
Contributor

holmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of light

You have to call your sons dr office to find out what time his appt is supposed to be and hope like **** that you have the right day and haven't missed the thing because you didn't put on your calendar!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to holmracing For This Useful Post:
donnzmail (06-16-13), Excelsior1 (11-17-12), Forgot my brain (12-05-11), ginniebean (08-13-11), homestead4u (04-07-12), Hyperman87 (08-11-11), Raye (04-15-12), spamsmom (11-14-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-11, 12:49 PM
ADDvanced Member

slugger will become famous soon enough

..... When your hairstylist "dumps" you because you've missed too many appointments by completely forgetting to go.
ADHDTigger (08-11-11), DanaDane (08-12-11), ginniebean (08-13-11), homestead4u (04-07-12), Hyperman87 (08-11-11), jordanbamabelle (11-28-11), Thandimanillon (12-05-11), yellowflowers (07-02-12)
Old 08-11-11, 12:56 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,164 Times in 553 Posts
selita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud of

...When you stop making appointments with the hairstylist and just show up and wait.

...When you cancel your library card and video store membership because you can't afford the late fees.
ADHDTigger (08-11-11), DanaDane (08-12-11), donnzmail (06-16-13), Excelsior1 (11-18-12), grlundrainbow (12-10-12), homestead4u (04-07-12), hoolio (08-12-11), Hyperman87 (08-11-11), jordanbamabelle (11-28-11), Muddled29 (04-23-12), pechemignonne (08-11-11), PixelAngelBaby (01-03-13), Ravenstar (12-27-13), spamsmom (11-14-11), yellowflowers (07-02-12)
Old 08-11-11, 01:08 PM
Contributor

holmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by selita View Post
...When you stop making appointments with the hairstylist and just show up and wait.

...When you cancel your library card and video store membership because you can't afford the late fees.
HAHAHA! I do both of these things. In fact i now buy all my books from used books stores if i can find them and buy all my dvd's because i will just have to pay for them anyway!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to holmracing For This Useful Post:
catrenn (10-27-12), EvilynTent (11-30-12), homestead4u (04-07-12), Hyperman87 (08-11-11)
Old 08-11-11, 01:49 PM

Thanked 8,470 Times in 2,827 Posts
RedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond repute

When I signed up with the video store that charges a flat rate per month for unlimited rentals and no late charges ... but only of old movies (not new releases). It's way easier than having a movie back on time. Late fees = evil

When I have a 3/4 finished afghan on my bed.

When I started to buy books at the used book store, read them once and give/sell them back to the thrift store. It's way better than having all that clutter for a book I might have lost interest in part way through. Also means I don't have to maintain a library card or get things there on time. Late fees = evil

When I made sure to live in a nieghbourhood that boasts a 24 hour grocery store, because I can never get there before 8pm.

When the dog gets walked at odd hours of the day and night. But hey, she gets walked.

When it's taken me 3 days to move the printer to its new spot. I'm not worried, I'll need to use it in a day or two and move it then.
The absurdity of working so hard to continue doing something you don't like can be overwhelming. And the longer it takes to feel different, the more it starts to seem like everything might actually be hopeless bull. ~ Hyperbole and a Half
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RedHairedWitch For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (08-11-11), Forgot my brain (12-05-11), ginniebean (08-13-11), homestead4u (04-07-12)
Old 08-11-11, 02:41 PM
ADDvanced Member

blgw99 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
Strangely enough, I never forget *any* birthday. Sometimes, it just makes me look like I have Asperger - at least the way I remember them. Like a friend of mine, exactly 7 days after my mom's birthday. My dad is 2/2. My bankcode is x+y-z=a (xyza would be the code then. And I should tell you that one of the xyz is just a zero lol). Also for their ages I sometimes do that. Or phone numbers. xx = birthyear of this person - 10, yy = the month someone else was born in zz = my mom's birthyear leaves xxyyzz = phonenumber of some other person that has nothing to do with these three people. It's awkward. But I stopped doing this somewhere during my puberty, leaving me more easily forget numbers. But dates is still the same thing. Like xxyyzz = x+x+y-y (multiply or whatever by a random number) =zz. Seriously? Why?
Probably just a way of thinking in patterns. In fact, my mother does exactly the same thing with all her relevant number, and when I was a kid, tried to teach me this "shortcut", but to me it made absolutely no sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to blgw99 For This Useful Post:
ginniebean (08-13-11)
Old 08-11-11, 05:43 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

ADDisme2010 is just really niceADDisme2010 is just really niceADDisme2010 is just really niceADDisme2010 is just really nice

you get angry, and blurt out to your boss **** ***!! Never once thinking about the consequences this may have.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ADDisme2010 For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (08-11-11), Forgot my brain (12-05-11), Hyperman87 (08-11-11), Thandimanillon (12-05-11), TheNarrator (01-08-13)
Old 08-11-11, 05:50 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,305 Times in 632 Posts
Hyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant future

Wow now that's my kind of woman. You actually said that to your boss you must have been having a really tough day. I hope things didn't go too bad. Do you still have your job? I hope you do. I know stress must drive you up the wall.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hyperman87 For This Useful Post:
homestead4u (04-07-12)
Old 08-11-11, 05:59 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,305 Times in 632 Posts
Hyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant future

I do and Say things all the time without thinking about it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hyperman87 For This Useful Post:
homestead4u (04-07-12), Raye (04-15-12)
Old 08-11-11, 08:15 PM

Thanked 10,519 Times in 5,692 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

When you keep doing clumsy *** things and getting hurt.Was edging walk backed into my motorcycle almost fell down and gashed back of leg,wait it gets better,went to clean edger off,burnt hand on the damn muffler,was cutting a lawn and almost twisted my ankle.I had a good day all day and in less then 2 hours it almost went retardedly straight to hell.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (08-11-11), AiméeC (04-08-12), ginniebean (08-13-11), gracious_mama (04-09-12), homestead4u (04-07-12), pechemignonne (08-11-11), spamsmom (11-14-11)
Old 08-11-11, 09:36 PM

Thanked 13,640 Times in 5,040 Posts
ADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond repute

A recent favorite...

I wandered into a store to pick up a couple of things. I get the cart, I shove said couple of things in cart. It is around 4p.

The store closes at midnight. I hear the overhead announcement that the store is closing. I proceed to the checkout thinking that the store is closing unnaturally early.

Nope. It's midnight.

Those hours are gone to me forever. I have absolutely no idea what I did for all that time. I never left the store, and only purchased the items that I went for. Eight freaking hours.

Never forget. "Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine.
Do you really want to be a setting on the washing machine?
If you do, wouldn't you rather be the spin cycle?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ADHDTigger For This Useful Post:
PixelAngelBaby (01-03-13), RedHairedWitch (08-12-11), Senegalle (01-07-14), spamsmom (11-14-11), teachergal (02-24-13), Thandimanillon (12-05-11)
Old 08-11-11, 09:42 PM

Thanked 9,967 Times in 3,135 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

Festinalente,

Sheesh

How many times do we have to tell you that you rock ?

tc

Robert
Old 08-11-11, 09:59 PM

Thanked 3,789 Times in 1,932 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDTigger View Post
A recent favorite...

I wandered into a store to pick up a couple of things. I get the cart, I shove said couple of things in cart. It is around 4p.

The store closes at midnight. I hear the overhead announcement that the store is closing. I proceed to the checkout thinking that the store is closing unnaturally early.

Nope. It's midnight.

Those hours are gone to me forever. I have absolutely no idea what I did for all that time. I never left the store, and only purchased the items that I went for. Eight freaking hours.
Probably why I get anxious if I forget to wear a watch when I hit a superstore.

Phaedrus

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Imnapl For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (08-12-11), ginniebean (08-13-11)